KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Paradigm: Odd Company

Paradigm: Odd Company
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starlock
After i start reading from the beginning and enjoying it, you are gonna hold out on me...lol. Sorry i have not posted before, i have been reading it though.

Lol thanks. smile

And I'm sorry. sad
Originally posted by toonbat
Is the final chapter too racy? Or do we need to resort to our wallets to see it? Or both?

Nah you don't have to pay me or anything. It's not that it's too racy (it's not really racy at all), its the same reason why Google Books almost never posts entire books.

I intend to actually publish this one.

A friend of mine even suggest I have the story removed from this site if I really want to play it safe.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:59 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I might make the last chapter available by request though to those I can trust.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 09:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol thanks. smile

And I'm sorry. sad

Nah you don't have to pay me or anything. It's not that it's too racy (it's not really racy at all), its the same reason why Google Books almost never posts entire books.

I intend to actually publish this one.

A friend of mine even suggest I have the story removed from this site if I really want to play it safe.

I am one step from sending my book into an editor, all i am doing now is getting all the illustrations together... i have never posted one story here or anywhere.....if and when i do, it will be for the site and it will be unique for the site.... i would never post something i intended to actually publish.....unless i wanted to get noticed, and then i would have to understand it can be stolen ..be careful, i think its great that you post your ideas and have done so, but do it to get exercise and let it flow....but if you care about something, you might want to only post something, if you already have the copyright. i copyrighted the idea behind my world and the characters i created a year before i finished the first book in the series. BTW i have decided to self publish....if you have any questions about the process, i can go through them with you, this will be the first book i have published,a and everything is a first for me, i will be glad to keep you posted.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:44 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I am one step from sending my book into an editor, all i am doing now is getting all the illustrations together... i have never posted one story here or anywhere.....if and when i do, it will be for the site and it will be unique for the site.... i would never post something i intended to actually publish.....unless i wanted to get noticed, and then i would have to understand it can be stolen ..be careful, i think its great that you post your ideas and have done so, but do it to get exercise and let it flow....but if you care about something, you might want to only post something, if you already have the copyright. i copyrighted the idea behind my world and the characters i created a year before i finished the first book in the series. BTW i have decided to self publish....if you have any questions about the process, i can go through them with you, this will be the first book i have published,a and everything is a first for me, i will be glad to keep you posted.

Yeah. That's all good advice.

I think I'll ask a mod about removing this then.

Once I'm finished (and that should be very soon) I'll definitely look into self-publishing as an avenue.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:19 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Posting here has made me make my own thread, feel free to participate in any way, if you like the idea...keep writing...never stop!

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:22 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Posting here has made me make my own thread, feel free to participate in any way, if you like the idea...keep writing...never stop!

Yeah I saw that.

I've been writing since I was in Elementary...but I only got serious about it in High School, and I finished my first full book (which was kind of crappy in retrospect stick out tongue) in the summer of 2008.

But yeah...you think to protect my ideas I should have the thread removed? I'm honestly unsure. confused

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:26 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Yeah I saw that.

I've been writing since I was in Elementary...but I only got serious about it in High School, and I finished my first full book (which was kind of crappy in retrospect stick out tongue) in the summer of 2008.

But yeah...you think to protect my ideas I should have the thread removed? I'm honestly unsure. confused

I would not worry about it, just keep the rest back.....if you are serious about the idea or worried they wont take it down fast enough, print up what you have here, and send it to yourself in the mail...DO NOT OPEN THE MAIL...it is good proof the idea is and was yours effective that date...it is a way to try and safeguard the idea cheap, or you could submit the idea/summary of the book and copywrite it asap.

The likely hood of someone stealing your idea and forcing you to prove it is yours is minimal in my opinion. Can it happen..Yes!...likely...No!

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:34 PM
Omega Vision

I would not worry about it, just keep the rest back.....if you are serious about the idea or worried they wont take it down fast enough, print up what you have here, and send it to yourself in the mail...DO NOT OPEN THE MAIL...it is good proof the idea is and was yours effective that date...it is a way to try and safeguard the idea cheap, or you could submit the idea/summary of the book and copywrite it asap.

The likely hood of someone stealing your idea and forcing you to prove it is yours is minimal in my opinion. Can it happen..Yes!...likely...No!

Well it's not that I'd lose my work if I deleted this topic. It's just I know there are people who are still reading it who haven't finished yet who'd be disappointed if I had it deleted.

But thanks for your advice...I'll have to think this over.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:38 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Well it's not that I'd lose my work if I deleted this topic. It's just I know there are people who are still reading it who haven't finished yet who'd be disappointed if I had it deleted.

But thanks for your advice...I'll have to think this over.

No problem, but I did not mean for that as a way to save your work, if you print it up and send it to yourself in the mail( and never open it)....that is to help you prove you own the material, if someone were to try and steal your material while it was left up here, just to clarify lol.

Old Post May 21st, 2011 08:31 AM
Omega Vision

No problem, but I did not mean for that as a way to save your work, if you print it up and send it to yourself in the mail( and never open it)....that is to help you prove you own the material, if someone were to try and steal your material while it was left up here, just to clarify lol.

Ahh. I see.

Oh and just out of curiosity, did you have a favorite character in the story? A favorite part?

Old Post May 21st, 2011 05:51 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Roy and the bond with the fairy are my favs, i really like the chapter when the wizard Polidor is introduced at the doorway.

I like allot of the characters, they all for the most part feel real and alive, something that in my opinion is very hard to do. To be honest, the only gripe i have with the story, is the the fact that almost everything we see or hear, is mostly referred to us by one character. Like a old detective novel..."it was a cold dark night, and i knew it would be an long one"....i felt at times the story needed to be set up with no first hand reference......however, even though it is not my favorite way to read a fantasy novel.....I did enjoy your story, and it kept me interested and excited to see where it was headed.

Old Post May 21st, 2011 08:05 PM
Omega Vision

Roy and the bond with the fairy are my favs, i really like the chapter when the wizard Polidor is introduced at the doorway.

I like allot of the characters, they all for the most part feel real and alive, something that in my opinion is very hard to do. To be honest, the only gripe i have with the story, is the the fact that almost everything we see or hear, is mostly referred to us by one character. Like a old detective novel..."it was a cold dark night, and i knew it would be an long one"....i felt at times the story needed to be set up with no first hand reference......however, even though it is not my favorite way to read a fantasy novel.....I did enjoy your story, and it kept me interested and excited to see where it was headed.

That's good to hear. I'd hope that Roy and the soul-link with Chylla would be a good reading experience what with it being the most important part.

I was actually worried when I wrote the part with Polidori that the plot was moving too fast if you catch my drift. That they went from guests to hunted fugitives in a snap. But glad to know it didn't throw you.

I've had trouble in the past writing vibrant characters, I think Roy in particular is a massive step up from the protags of my previous attempts, with the amount of change he undergoes and the amount of little nuances and imperfections he has. Though my favorite character in the story is Dark Lord Golgar, especially considering I've only scratched the surface on him.

Yeah, there's the limitation of first person right there. I'll confess that when I began Odd Company I was busy devouring the excellent Dresden Files series of Occult Detective novels by Jim Butcher, and a good deal of Roy's style of narration is at least partially influenced by the character of Harry Dresden.

I really appreciate your...I guess I'll call it a review, if you really want to see how the story ends I can PM or E-Mail the last chapter to you. I have no reason not to trust you. stick out tongue

Old Post May 21st, 2011 08:29 PM
starlock
Team Authority

That's good to hear. I'd hope that Roy and the soul-link with Chylla would be a good reading experience what with it being the most important part.

I was actually worried when I wrote the part with Polidori that the plot was moving too fast if you catch my drift. That they went from guests to hunted fugitives in a snap. But glad to know it didn't throw you.

I've had trouble in the past writing vibrant characters, I think Roy in particular is a massive step up from the protags of my previous attempts, with the amount of change he undergoes and the amount of little nuances and imperfections he has. Though my favorite character in the story is Dark Lord Golgar, especially considering I've only scratched the surface on him.

Yeah, there's the limitation of first person right there. I'll confess that when I began Odd Company I was busy devouring the excellent Dresden Files series of Occult Detective novels by Jim Butcher, and a good deal of Roy's style of narration is at least partially influenced by the character of Harry Dresden.

I really appreciate your...I guess I'll call it a review, if you really want to see how the story ends I can PM or E-Mail the last chapter to you. I have no reason not to trust you. stick out tongue

Sure, i would be honored smile

Old Post May 21st, 2011 09:28 PM
Omega Vision

Sent it smile

Old Post May 21st, 2011 10:20 PM
Omega Vision

The voice of Dark Lord Golgar (more or less):

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 01:55 AM
Omega Vision

Tazgul Arcanum:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 07:58 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Thanks BTW!...i am almost done, and i like it so far!

Nice pic...You know the artist?

Old Post May 24th, 2011 11:53 PM
Omega Vision

Thanks BTW!...i am almost done, and i like it so far!

Nice pic...You know the artist?

Thanks.

And yes, here's his DeviantArt page: http://branflakes2.deviantart.com/

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:56 PM
Omega Vision

More or less what the Dark Lord looks like:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 10:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Removed by request. Let me know if I missed anything!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 07:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote