KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Arceus vs. Amaterasu

Which of these gods would win in a fight?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Arceus 1 11.11%
Amaterasu 7 77.78%
This fight will end in a stalemate 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arceus vs. Amaterasu
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(hehehe) shifty

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

So has there ever been an actual legit Arceus event? You'd think I would know, but I do not.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:33 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'm pretty sure Ammy's brush techniques are more or less instantaneous, for all intents and purposes. The only times it's been outdone is if there was someone else with the power of the Celestial Brush (ie, Ninetails or Shiranui).

Not that it matters, Amaterasu is about a fraction of the God that Arceus is made out and shown to be. The only clemency for Amaterasu that I can think of here is if we're regarding her when at full power (aka, Okami 'Shiranui' Amaterasu). In that form, all the brush techniques are apparently a few folds stronger, and s/he's shown to be able to resist time powers (or at least break out of them).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:35 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
So has there ever been an actual legit Arceus event? You'd think I would know, but I do not.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In Platinum, the only way to get Arceus is to have the Azure Flute which is the final event item from Nintendo WiFi. HOWEVER. It was never released! Theres no other way to extend the stairs so The Scenario was right all along and I was lying! And you fools believed me! Zehahahameowhaha!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NemeBro
Arceus kills Amaterasu before she can draw said Pokeball. no expression

Not if the first thing she does is to draw and create said ball. no expression

Then I should point out you have to weaken it first. And Arceus has one of, if not the, worst catch ratios.

Yeah, then Arceus wins if he has to be weakened in order to be captured.

That said, isn't the Arceus that appears in D&P weaker than he was when he created everything?

Originally posted by BloodRain
Ama has to paint to do her feats, would take some time compared the the pokegods moves.

Her brush techs take no time at all, and are instantaneous. Time is frozen when she uses her Celestial Brush, and the effects occur immediately. So no, it would not take any time at all compared to their moves.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:48 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I dunno. Wouldn't think so, though.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:51 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Oh right, well still the poke for being more godly.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 12:01 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by Nephthys
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In Platinum, the only way to get Arceus is to have the Azure Flute which is the final event item from Nintendo WiFi. HOWEVER. It was never released! Theres no other way to extend the stairs so The Scenario was right all along and I was lying! And you fools believed me! Zehahahameowhaha!

Hmm. This doesn't bug me as much as I though it would.

I'm a sucker for pics/vids, I guess.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 12:05 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Not if the first thing she does is to draw and create said ball. no expression
Only I am not about to assume that a weakling god like Amaterasu will be able to do so before Arceus, who is more powerful than Palkia or Dialga, both of whom would flatten Amaterasu, can kill her. O:

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Arceus uses one arm and settles this with ease.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 03:02 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So a powerful monster that created many things beats a God up

Yeah whatever............when Okami beat the shit out of Yami the ruler and source of all darkness.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 01:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^Yes, because even God characters have tiers, and Ammy is leagues below the likes of Arceus, especially since the entire universe and the creatures who would uphold the natural laws of said universe count alot more for many things. The worst thing Yami was ever known to do was sick a group of monsters on a bunch of virtually defenseless angel-esque beings during an escape attempt.

Then there's the fact that the term "King of Darkness" or any such synonymous term is among the most applicable aliases. Honestly, if titles mattered over showings, Monster Hunters and the monsters themselves would be on the same level as something like Warcraft top-tiers, where in actuality, not an army of Hunters would hold up against Deathwing.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:28 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ammy draws a meteor... Seriously, Arceus is not that impressive when it comes to combat. Take Giratina, for example, this guy can create galaxies yet a mere mortal with some technology can capture it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:39 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Aside from the fact that Ammy can't do that, Arceus can just turn back time and finish the fight at an earlier point.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:50 AM
ares834

When has Arceus ever shown control over time? Sure he created Dialga but that doesn't necessarily give him control over it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

With this logic I can create a clay sculpture and give it control over the flow of time.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 03:34 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Arceus creates universe, drops it on Ammy. erm

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 03:38 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

With this logic I can create a clay sculpture and give it control over the flow of time.

Are you serious? That relates to my idea in absolutely no way... The simple fact is the creator doesn’t always have the powers of the created. BTW nice straw man.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 03:49 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

When Arceus created Dialga, he created Time. He could just end it, I guess, assuming Amaterasu needs it. Arceus sure doesn't. Same goes for Space.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 04:02 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wow... that's Arceus? Pokeman's newer Gen pokemon look retarded. erm
It looked better from the front.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 04:51 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote