KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's never going to support a long trek through the hills. The horse option would appear to be non-existent.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, I Cherdir o Levain is bloody handy for this job...

(A Ranger would have been the best of course)

Oooh. Well that could be quite handy then!

Sure a Ranger would be best, but an Animist isn't bad...big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 07:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Kitty boosts the handy skills, for sure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 12:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Talin hates horses anyway. They are too tall.

In any case, it means we will have to do the scouting job on foot aside from of those of us with horses.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 07:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Maybe some combination of foot scouting and horses?
Ride horses to a base camp of sorts, and then fan out and do foot-based scouting from the camp?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 09:08 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ellothiel, you'd object to even trying anything with these horses. You'd cause them great pain.

This is no way to run a war, Menelacar!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:24 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Alright, well first order of business then is diplomacy for new horses!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 01:44 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We're not using these horses, there's no way.

Why do they only have horses that are not trained for military use and unsuited for such things anyway? That can't be all they have left...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 03:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A fair question!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 05:41 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well they arn't exactly supportive of this scouting mission right? So we were probably given the crappy horses.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 07:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah, so speaks the wisdom of the Noldor!

Yes, there is a lot of political opposition to Farael's leadership- and not many believe him. He could be on the receiving end of a deliberately poor supply.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 07:36 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar will approach Lord Farael. "My Lord, is there no way we can acquire better horses for the party? These animals are under fed, untrained, and to be frank would be a hindrance."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 07:43 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Farael, in a green tent by the hills' edge, is with a council of some of his senior knights, discussing their next move, but Farael is as ever informal and does not mind visitors- especially a man of some note like Menelacar.

Farael says the supply situation is a disaster all over. The decent supplies are all going to Lord Morsire's Northern army. True, the greater need is there, but this is far beyond that; Farael's enemies must be shutting him out. They want him to fail.

"But it could take weeks just to get fresh horses, let alone solve the other problems," he says.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 08:26 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

"well as it stands, without proper horses or supplies, then this expedition is pretty doomed anyhow. Is there any way we can send a smaller advance properly resourced scouting party whilst the rest get properly equipped?"

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 09:32 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Can I go address the court to ask for better horses?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 02:39 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Other than 'no' (obviously horses have been asked for, and you have no political power to change the subsequent decision), the time involved does not change from what Farael said.

"I need many, many scouting parties," says Farael. "One would be useless. I'll be asking for volunteers to do the work on foot."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 10:46 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

So I guess we are going to have to obtain horses in the field. Take them from Orcs, if they have them or whatnot.
Yay Scavanging!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 02:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There are no horses in the hills- and you certainly wouldn't want to try riding what an Orc does, as it would try to eat you.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 04:10 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well then, I guess we're boned.
And probably going to go as one Player-based scouting group.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 04:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Doesn't that work out amazingly well?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 04:55 PM