KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Just to clear things up...

Leon > Chris.

IYO of course.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah and how many years has it been since her "demise?" He should've moved on and try not to dwell on the past 'cause that'll always hurt.

In a lot of cases, yeah, but in Chris's case, I thought it ultimately made him stronger. At least, after reading this bit of his character file transcript from RE5.

"No one knows what promises Chris made in front of Jill’s empty grave, but following her loss, he redoubled his efforts to eradicate all bio-organic weapons whereabout they may be. Initially stationed at BSAA’s North American Branch, his investigations soon took him around the world. He became involved in so many operations that he soon had more missions to his name than any other BSAA member.

During one of his investigations, Chris learned of an upcoming bioweapons deal in Africa in connection with a man named Ricardo Irving. Irvng’s name has come up quite often of late in association with bioweapons smuggling.

After informing the BSAA African Branch about Irving, Chris urgently requested permission to participate in the operation to arrest Irving.

As for the reasons he wished to participate in this mission, Chris would not comment. Whether he is witholding information or not is unclear.

As one of the most respected BSAA agents, his presence in this operation greatly increases the chances of success, thus his request has been granted.
"

Even you gotta admit he has great resolve and a badass unbreakable will to completely finish off Umbrella, yes?

Leon never seemed to mope that much since after Ada's "death." He also didn't seem to dwell on it that much and (like I said before) moved on.

The difference between that though and the thing with Chris and Jill is that Jill's body was never found after her "death", making it even harder for Chris, with the whole "not knowing for sure" thing getting to him as well. If the opposite were true, I think Chris probably would've handled Jill's 'death' differently, to some extent.

Yeah but at least Leon did kick Krauser's arse in the second encounter on that island and also defeated his mutated form which made him faster and more deadly to boot.

Mah point remains the same though, or it could just be that Krauser > Leon when it comes to knives, but yeah.

My main issue with Chris is what he is now in case you forgot. I was saying that he was better off the way he was before 5. Indeed, being able to piss off Wesker is quite a feat but he did most of that outside of 5. What Chris was doing to Wesker in that game was annoying him and wasn't really pissing him off until PIS came in like unexpected herpes.

Yeah. That much is true, admittedly.

I forgot to say this but during those successful quicktime events with Wesker, all that did was get Chris beat up even less. When Chris countered Wesker's finger impalement move on the plane, he got an uppercut to the face.

Even still, being able to counter Wesker at all like that was rather impressive, on his part, despite that Wesker was weakened from the overdose of his serum.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:19 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Wait, if Leon gets killed off then wouldn't that mean that there would be nobody to stop Osmund Saddler and if I kill Chris, Wesker will survive and if the two villains are still alive, then wouldn't that mean that there would be a biological war between the two for world dominance? I must see this.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 07:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So, this is going to be a Left 4 Resident Dead Evil game?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Wait, if Leon gets killed off then wouldn't that mean that there would be nobody to stop Osmund Saddler and if I kill Chris, Wesker will survive and if the two villains are still alive, then wouldn't that mean that there would be a biological war between the two for world dominance? I must see this.

Saddler's plans were laughable at best.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:18 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Impediment
So, this is going to be a Left 4 Resident Dead Evil game?
yeah execept no first person.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:20 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Saddler's plans were laughable at best.

I think making the president's daughter a sleeper agent by sticking a parasite in her is deliciously evil. Of course all that wouldn't matter when the time comes for complete, global, saturation since Wesker has no use for the current petty government we have and forms his own. It's obvious Wesker would win against Saddler but still, it's interesting to see such a conflict happening.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:32 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

I think making the president's daughter a sleeper agent by sticking a parasite in her is deliciously evil. Of course all that wouldn't matter when the time comes for complete, global, saturation since Wesker has no use for the current petty government we have and forms his own. It's obvious Wesker would win against Saddler but still, it's interesting to see such a conflict happening.

No, as in

Saddler's plans had an ice cube's chance in hell of working.

"Oh, I foresee complications may occur, even if I infect the president. THAT'S WHY I'LL SEND OVER GANADOES TO TERRIFY THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

HERP DE DERP DERP DERP"

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:36 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Who the **** uses a Zed for a shield?

Last edited by Phanteros on Apr 17th, 2011 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 05:07 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Phanteros

Who the **** uses a Zed for a shield?

Same person who uses a locust as a shield.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 05:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Kazenji
Same person who uses a locust as a shield.
Execept getting bit once by a Zed is usually fatal.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 01:55 PM
Cyner
Too little too late

meeeeeh

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 04:42 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Phanteros
Execept getting bit once by a Zed is usually fatal.
Getting shot once is fatal?

no expression

However, I don't see the point either. They're fighting mostly zombies a meat shield wouldn't help them.

This game looks meeeeh. And I'm tired of them introducing new main characters in every ****ing game. Can we please get some closure for the 50 characters we already have?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Apr 17th, 2011 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 06:12 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Getting shot once is fatal?

no expression
It depends where you get shot , though. You have a higher chance of coming back from getting shot than getting bit by Zed which turns you into a Zombie.

Also you expect people like Capcom to bring closure? majority of their franchise like SF and Devil May Cry barely have continuity.

Last edited by Phanteros on Apr 17th, 2011 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 06:53 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jun 9th, 2011 07:47 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Nearly six minutes of gameplay footage:

You might wanna check out the comments. This game is pissing off a lot of people and I don't blame them. Giving the license of a popular franchise to a company that is well known for possibly killing SOCOM isn't exactly a smart idea but hey, it's Capcom. When have we ever expected anything smart from them? They're the same greedy imbeciles who keep re-re-re-releasing games like Street Fighter IV instead of just making the new stuff DLC after all.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 09:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're the same greedy imbeciles who keep re-re-re-releasing games like Street Fighter IV instead of just making the new stuff DLC after all.

Well they did after all do the same thing with the other Street Fighter games.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 12:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Uh

Why are people saying this is the end of RE?

Is this not a side title? Is Capcom not working on the main RE game for the 3DS? Does it even matter what happens with some side title game?

Also, RE died with RE5.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 01:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well i have read Capcom are working on a Resident Evil 6 and they're saying its gonna be a reboot, But won't be starting from scratch like what they're doing with Devil May Cry

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/1731

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 01:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Uh

Why are people saying this is the end of RE?

Dunno, but I've seen at least one other site of people (besides stupid old youtube) saying the same thing. I guess when one game looks different from the norm (even if it's just a spinoff), it'll always have some group of people out there waiting to shit on it, even if it looks good. Still expecting Operation Raccoon City to be a success though, with how much a hit Outbreak proved to be back then.

With it being simply a side game too as you said, anyone who thinks this will actually end Resident Evil just needs to turn in their RE fan license to the nearest trash bin, as they won't be needing it any longer...

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well i have read Capcom are working on a Resident Evil 6 and they're saying its gonna be a reboot, But won't be starting from scratch like what they're doing with Devil May Cry

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/1731

Yeah, I already made a thread for RE6.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=538174

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 05:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote