KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Final Destination Vol.2 Sephiroth X Link

Final Destination Vol.2 Sephiroth X Link
Started by: Frisky Dingo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Find me a quote that says he has Psychokinesis over Telekinesis and he can have the fairly useless ability.

Did Sephiroth not learn how use magic without the aid of Materia?

Cool. Link's tremendous determination could suggest the same, but that doesn't make it true.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:28 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Find me a quote that says he has Psychokinesis over Telekinesis and he can have the fairly useless ability.

They're the same thing. Telekinesis is a synonym of Psychokinesis.

quote:
Cool. Link's tremendous determination could suggest the same, but that doesn't make it true.

When Link resurrects himself through sheer willpower let me know.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
They're the same thing. Telekinesis is a synonym of Psychokinesis.

When Link resurrects himself through sheer willpower let me know.

That is such a melodramatic overwanked statement. It kinda helps that what sephiroth basicly did was go to a heaven made of snow and build himself a snowman body. no expression

That doesn't make Seph's TK inherent, or even helpful though. Sephiroth cannot react to the shield toss if he does TK Link, and if he doesn't he can't fight him.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:32 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

No it's not. XD If the prefix Tele meant the same thing as Psycho, then people that read minds and people that murder other people are the exact same thing.

Telepath and Psychopath. EXTREME difference.

Ahaha. Saw that one coming. How much more willpower, exactly, would it take to will oneself back from death than to will ones self to keep fighting in the face of defeat?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:33 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Let's not argue semantics here people. What I mean by "natural ability" is, they can use whatever power they want as long as an item, weapon, outside force/power/energy is not required 2 do so. If Sephiroth needs materia 4 TK/PK, then he can't use it.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:34 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
If Sephiroth needs materia 4 TK/PK, then he can't use it.

I can't recall whether this is confirmed one way or the other, the same for his teleportation, but I've already shown neither will help him, so it doesn't really matter. Link throws his shield if he gets TK'd, and his sword if by some miracle a character who's special power seems to be the ability to master anything immediately misses, he throws his sword. After this he'll throw his effing socks if he has to, they'll be just as lethal.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:35 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
No it's not. XD If the prefix Tele meant the same thing as Psycho, then people that read minds and people that murder other people are the exact same thing.

Psycho as in Psyche. As in psychopath referes to a mental illness.

quote:
Let's not argue semantics here people. What I mean by "natural ability" is, they can use whatever power they want as long as an item, weapon, outside force/power/energy is not required 2 do so. If Sephiroth needs materia 4 TK/PK, then he can't use it.

And since theres nothing suggesting that he does.....

quote:

That is such a melodramatic overwanked statement. It kinda helps that what sephiroth basicly did was go to a heaven made of snow and build himself a snowman body.

And yet noone else had ever had the willpower to do it.

quote:

That doesn't make Seph's TK inherent, or even helpful though. Sephiroth cannot react to the shield toss if he does TK Link, and if he doesn't he can't fight him.

YOu still havn't proven that speed.

quote:

Ahaha. Saw that one coming. How much more willpower, exactly, would it take to will oneself back from death than to will ones self to keep fighting in the face of defeat?

erm

At least 50 mega-Jean Grays /sarcasm.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 29th, 2011 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:39 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
And yet noone else had ever had the willpower to do it.
You know, overlooking the special conditions of his innitial death in the Mako reactor and that most of the characters in ff7 show less will power than their fans show in the threads about them. The HERO of FF7 is essentially a giant emo kid. erm

quote:
YOu still havn't proven that speed.
Yes I did, go back a page. no expression Apply Link's strength to an object the weight of a shield. It moves at over mach 100. Seph can't dodge that since the evidence he's evne hypersonic is shaky, and that's mach 5.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:41 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Tele does not refer to mind powers, my friend. It refers to distance.

Telephone, speak to someone far away.
Television, view happenings far away.
Telekinesis, move things far away.

Sephiroth does not have stated psychokinesis. He has shown telekinesis, the source of which is most likely magic.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:43 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Yes I did, go back a page. no expression Apply Link's strength to an object the weight of a shield. It moves at over mach 100. Seph can't dodge that since the evidence he's evne hypersonic is shaky, and that's mach 5.

Yeah bullshit. Physical strength is not all it takes to move something really fast, which is why a bulldozer will never punt a cup at supersonic speeds.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:45 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Yeah bullshit. Physical strength is not all it takes to move something really fast, which is why a bulldozer will never punt a cup at supersonic speeds.

So, what stops a character who's arm can move faster than lightning from moving it slower than lightning to throw his shield? Also comparing the mechanics of a human arm, which are closer to that of a catapult, to a bulldozer is sort of a massive strawman.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:47 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Tele does not refer to mind powers, my friend. It refers to distance.

Telephone, speak to someone far away.
Television, view happenings far away.
Telekinesis, move things far away.

Sephiroth does not have stated psychokinesis. He has shown telekinesis, the source of which is most likely magic.

They're the same thing, just different word. Do you understand the concept of a synonym?

Besides, its never stated in game that Sephiroth has telekinesis rather than psychokinesis (even though they are still the exact same thing.).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:47 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
So, what stops a character who's arm can move faster than lightning from moving it slower than lightning to throw his shield?

Nothing (though I think you misspelled/misworded your sentence).

What stops Link from moving his arm faster than lightning is that he can't actually do that though.

quote:
Also comparing the mechanics of a human arm, which are closer to that of a catapult, to a bulldozer is sort of a massive strawman.

And why is the mechanics of a catapult so different from that of a bulldozer?

Speed iirc.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:51 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Nothing.

What stops Link from moving his arm faster than lightning is that he can't actually do that though.

(please log in to view the image)

Wat?

quote:
And why is the mechanics of a catapult so different from that of a bulldozer?

Speed iirc.

A catapult uses energy stored as tension to throw something, like a muscle tensing to hurl say, a shield, or a frisbee. A bulldozer uses traction and mass to move objects smaller and lighter than itself.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:52 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

They're the same thing, just different word. Do you understand the concept of a synonym?

Besides, its never stated in game that Sephiroth has telekinesis rather than psychokinesis (even though they are still the exact same thing.).

Yes, I do. That is the thing. They are not synonyms 100% of the time. Having Telekinesis does not mean you have Psychokinesis. But having Psychokinesis is the same thing as having Telekinesis.

Telekinesis means you can move things without touching them directly or indirectly. Psychokinesis means you do that with your mind.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
(please log in to view the image)

Wat?

A catapult uses energy stored as tension to throw something, like a muscle tensing to hurl say, a shield, or a frisbee. A bulldozer uses traction and mass to move objects smaller and lighter than itself.

That doesn't count as a reaction feat. The blades not even pointing at the lightning, rather the lightning is arcing around to the blade. Probably acting as a rudimentary lightning-rod if you ask me.

And the tension releases large amounts of speed and force as the blah de blah I know. Human arms to not work that way.

quote:

Yes, I do. That is the thing. They are not synonyms 100% of the time. Having Telekinesis does not mean you have Psychokinesis. But having Psychokinesis is the same thing as having Telekinesis.

Telekinesis means you can move things without touching them directly or indirectly. Psychokinesis means you do that with your mind.

Then prove that Sephiroth has Telekinesis rather than Psychokinesis.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:00 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
That doesn't count as a reaction feat. The blades not even pointing at the lightning, rather the lightning is arcing around to the blade. Probably acting as a rudimentary lightning-rod if you ask me.
So you're downplaying it? Thought so. Sorta like how he's canonicly reflected it with sword strieks and you don't accept that either.

quote:
And the tension releases large amounts of speed and force as the blah de blah I know. Human arms to not work that way.
Blah de blah, you sure sound like an expert on the subject. erm

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:02 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

That's the beauty of it. You've made the claim.

You must provide proof. "Not I," said the cow.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
So you're downplaying it? Thought so. Sorta like how he's canonicly reflected it with sword strieks and you don't accept that either.

I don't accept falsehoods, no. Call it a quirk.

Ad hominum, you're not replying to my point but rather accusing me of bias. Do the former rather than the latter. And I wouldn't go down that road if I was you, you are far more biased than myself.

quote:
Blah de blah, you sure sound like an expert on the subject.

Ad hominum.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 29th, 2011 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
That's the beauty of it. You've made the claim.

You must provide proof. "Not I," said the cow.

No, YOU are the one claiming that it should be disallowed because it's magic. YOU prove that shit.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:08 PM