KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Oh yeah, and about that Dragon's Dogma game, I think I'll wait and see the reviews, because it's looking like it may have added a few slices of extra cheese.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 08:07 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
Lol no the game does not shit over GOW, Skyrim, DA. While I hate Bioware and think they are a overrated piece of shit, their game has more life to it than KoA which feels lifeless and generic(more lifeless than skyrim). Its more shallow than GOW and tends to drag a lot than Skyrim which beats it in atmosphere. The game is just too dry and dull. It may rape fable in nearly all aspects but it needs a lot more "gun" to beat the others. I can safely say Skyrim's True competition will come in the form of Dragon's Dogma(in terms of medieval Romer) but that game gets an instant F due to it being made by Crapcom.

DA sucked immediately after the first one. Aside from that, playing the game makesit very obvious that, like I said, it wasn't even trying to be the same kind of RPG as Skyrim spec-for-spec. To call any aspect in regards to this game's action elements shallow is blatantly wrong though in the same way it is to call the same of GoW. I wouldn't even call the narrative dull or dry, just underplayed, considering the premise. I myself very much preferred trekking through the Plains of Erathell than half of Skyrim's overworld in terms of "atmosphere", which helps KoA win over it in terms of variety and especially artistic direction even if it's not the highest end on a technical level. I don't think I'd call it my favorite RPG this generation over Dark Souls or something, but it definitely beats any RPG in the areas it was aiming to.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:45 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've been having a blast with this game. It's easily one of the most engaging and user friendly RPG's that i've played on consoles. This game is what Fable 2 should have been. At first glance the combat seems relatively shallow but if you invest some time you will quickly realize how addictive and diverse it can be. The interface of the character and customization menus are simple and easy to navigate. With all the content in the game there is well over a hundred hours of gameplay, however, even though the game is solid and engaging i doubt few people will find reason enough to play longer than 50-60 hours. One of my main complaints with this game is the lack of challenge. One may find it relatively challenging while first getting familiar with the game. You will quickly learn, though, that finding a challenge in the game is the challenge. Sure, you'll die occasionally but it's usually because you get lazy and overconfident.

My other complaint is with the story. It's apparent that they spent a good deal of time and care in birthing this world and it's inhabitants but the story seems to have taken a back seat to what could have been a memorable story....,or maybe i just don't pay enough attention ;-) Either way, this is definitely a game you need to try if you're an rpg fan. It's a beautiful and bloody adventure

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 03:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Got this game a couple weeks ago.

The combat is a lot of fun. It was a clever idea to make an RPG with God of War type combat, though after a while it begins to feel repetitive because it doesn't progress as much as some other RPG's do in regards to new abilities and the like.

Also, this game really feels like a single player MMORPG. It follows almost exactly the same track and mold in how one goes about finishing quests. You tend to start to clear out zones as you would in an MMO.

Overall it's a pretty solid and fun game, but the world itself isn't nearly as immersive or engaging as something like Skyrim. It feels much more 'videogamey', if that makes sense. But it's fun and worth a pick up.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05...ff-entire-staff

Dang... KoA was a fun game. Sucks to see the studio go down the drains.

Old Post May 24th, 2012 10:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

. Only this time EA wasn't the the one who killed them this time.

Last edited by Phanteros on May 24th, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2012 10:22 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

That's a shame, solid game. Studio deserved better. Was looking forward to a sequel. World had a lot of potential.

Old Post May 24th, 2012 11:52 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by ares834
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05...ff-entire-staff

Dang... KoA was a fun game. Sucks to see the studio go down the drains.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Sucks, a lot.

At the same time, I was reading the #38jobs hashtag on twitter earlier - it's kind of awesome how the rest of the industry is trying to help the guys who got laid off from 38 find new jobs.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 25th, 2012 03:20 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Late arrival I know.

But I think the main problem with the game is that it is honestly too easy. It's so laughably simple to make your character able to steamroll through everything, and the game feels repetitive as a result.

Overall it is a good, solid game. As good as Skyrim, Dark Souls, or Dragon's Dogma? Nah.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 12:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I like it. The ability to switch weapons/magic with a simple button push made combat pretty fun and immersive. You didn't have to stop combat to switch to a bow like in Skyrim, for instance. It is pretty easy once you have found the right armor, but that is only a minor complaint.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 12:43 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This game is now the property of Rhode Island.

....... huh

Old Post Aug 10th, 2012 03:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes. From what I understand they're trying to sell the property in order to make back some of the money owed to them by the now closed studio.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2012 08:03 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Phanteros

Honestly this is where the fable series should of went.
Fable 3 was awful.

Such a bland game.

Anyway, this is being revived, according to THQ Nordic.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ki...s-to-thq-nordic
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...o-ahead-from-ea
https://www.thqnordic.com/node/301

THQ Nordic wants to remaster the game but they need a go-ahead from EA.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 14th, 2019 12:15 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wonder what we'll actually get from a remaster, though. I am a massive fan of the combat in that game, but I don't know what they'd be likely to improve other than some HD stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 14th, 2019 01:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by -Pr-
I wonder what we'll actually get from a remaster, though. I am a massive fan of the combat in that game, but I don't know what they'd be likely to improve other than some HD stuff.
Well, yeah, the visuals.

I mean look at the jump for the other games.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 01:53 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got this game in my Steam library and still haven't touched it.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 02:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by -Pr-

A remaster with all the DLC would be well worth it, Imo.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 15th, 2019 03:18 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Got this game in my Steam library and still haven't touched it.
Thats 2 excellent RPG's in your steam library that you haven't touched.

Instead you're playing Borderlands all the damn time, lol.

Old Post May 19th, 2019 05:34 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hey...i like Borderlands.

Old Post May 19th, 2019 05:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Hey...i like Borderlands.
Fair enough. Borderlands is kewl.

Old Post May 19th, 2019 05:46 AM