KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me, the seriousness was a good thing, not a negative. Same with the driving once i got used to it.

GTA's biggest problems for me were the aforementioned lack of side/fun content, and of course the phone ringing.

I really don't like scoring negative points because i don't date a girl when i'm in the middle of a gang war.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 07:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really don't like scoring negative points because i don't date a girl when i'm in the middle of a gang war.

Or score negative points because you refuse to play bowling with your friends when you're being chased by the police.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 09:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

One thing I did love about GTA 4 was the actual storyline. Those "kill him or spare him" moments, for me, were built up so well that sometimes you hated the bastard so much that you wanted to kill him.

The actual stories and the writing were pretty good, I thought.

One thing, and I've been saying this for a while, that I want in a new GTA: Character creation. Let me make my own guy. Give me customisation options. Let me side with certain gangs over other ones. Let me pick and choose missions that I want to do.

Like, say you're working for the mob and the yakuza as an enforcer of sorts. they both give you missions at the same time, and those missions clash, so if you complete one, you fail the other, so you're scoring both negative AND positive points with people.

Kind of like that mechanic dragon age had, but better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 10:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The only thing GTA: San Andreas and GTA 4 had for customisation was friggan buying clothes

yeah thats one they could take from Saints Row

Like, say you're working for the mob and the yakuza as an enforcer of sorts. they both give you missions at the same time, and those missions clash, so if you complete one, you fail the other, so you're scoring both negative AND positive points with people.

that Negative and Postive points idea remind of GTA 2.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 11:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Kazenji
The only thing GTA: San Andreas and GTA 4 had for customisation was friggan buying clothes

yeah thats one they could take from Saints Row

that Negative and Postive points idea remind of GTA 2.

San Andreas also had body size/type and hairstyle.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 11:19 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I picked up the GTA pack during the sale on Steam last weekend. 7 games for less than £5 and includes my favourite GTA game Vice City. Amazing.

Will be checking the trailer for 5 next week.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 12:57 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For me, the seriousness was a good thing, not a negative. Same with the driving once i got used to it.

GTA's biggest problems for me were the aforementioned lack of side/fun content, and of course the phone ringing.

Basically, that's what I thought. The storyline was probably the best out of all the GTA's. The atmosphere is the best out of all open world games (maybe Red Dead Redemption beats it) and controls were pretty good as well.

It just needed more variety of missions and fun mini-games. Red Dead Redemption had excellent mini-games. Poker was the best (loved the idea that you could cheat and horseshoes was cool as well). GTA4 had bowling, darts and pool. They were kind of lame. I remember seeing a driving range, mini-putt course and a few other things and I was like, "Awesome, I'm going to check it out" but was totally disappointed when they had nothing there.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 02:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

so, did anyone played the DLC?

I haven't finished either yet, but what I've seen, TBoGT has all the over-the-top gameplay sorely missed in the main game, Yussuf Amir is batshit crazy, so is Bulgarin... jumping off a building to escape using a chute is awesome, and at least there's a "tank" in the game

I want all of that from the get go in GTA V

Also: you can now play "golf" in TBoGT

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 27th, 2011 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 05:02 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 05:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by jalek moye
San Andreas also had body size/type and hairstyle.

Don't forget the car customizations.
'Twas one of the best aspects of the game.

I remember I had a supped-up Sultan with max nitrous and off-road tyres, etc.

Originally posted by S_D_J

I haven't finished either yet, but what I've seen, TBoGT has all the over-the-top gameplay sorely missed in the main game, Yussuf Amir is batshit crazy, so is Bulgarin... jumping off a building to escape using a chute is awesome, and at least there's a "tank" in the game

The sad part is GTAIV's DLC games were both better than the main storyline game in some aspects.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 07:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Aside from the fact that the car customization was lost once you lost the car.

Which happens all the time.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 12:12 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Smasandian
Aside from the fact that the car customization was lost once you lost the car.

Which happens all the time.

Why would you lose a car you took time to customize with?

It's not like you're supposed to use it in main missions.

You customize the car and keep in your garage and use it for races, freeplay, and/or stunt achievements, unless you're dumb enough to save the game after you lost/wrecked the car.

It's fun for car enthusiasts like me.

If Rockstar is going to stick with one playable character, I hope he's Native American or Southeast Asian this time.

And maybe it's time to have a female protagonist for a change. It'll help get more girls into hardcore gaming.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Oct 28th, 2011 at 01:03 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 12:53 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

TBOGT was a lot of fun, I thought. Really enjoyed it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 12:54 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

And maybe it's time to have a female protagonist for a change, to get more girls into hardcore gaming.

Lol

you'd be surprised how many actually do play these type of games and other violent ones

you don't need a female player in GTA to do that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 01:00 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol

you'd be surprised how many actually do play these type of games and other violent ones

you don't need a female player in GTA to do that.

But you have to agree, it's a cool idea.

She'd be like Sarah Connor or Ellen Ripley laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 01:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Why would you lose a car you took time to customize with?

It's not like you're supposed to use it in main missions.

You customize the car and keep in your garage and use it for races, freeplay, and/or stunt achievements, unless you're dumb enough to save the game after you lost/wrecked the car.

It's fun for car enthusiasts like me.

If Rockstar is going to stick with one playable character, I hope he's Native American or Southeast Asian this time.

And maybe it's time to have a female protagonist for a change. It'll help get more girls into hardcore gaming.

It's still a stupid decision not allowing you to save the car to a garage so you can reuse it all the time without making you do workarounds to keep the car.

For instance, I use it to win a race, do a mission or whatever while after completing whatever your doing, you destroy the car by accident (because that always happens in GTA games) so you reload the game and have to redo the mission so you can keep your customized car?

That's dumb.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 03:37 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's still a stupid decision not allowing you to save the car to a garage so you can reuse it all the time without making you do workarounds to keep the car.

For instance, I use it to win a race, do a mission or whatever while after completing whatever your doing, you destroy the car by accident (because that always happens in GTA games) so you reload the game and have to redo the mission so you can keep your customized car?

That's dumb.

you couldn't save the pimped-out car in a garage?

I don't remember that

what I do remember is the garages eating up my cars, that's truly annoying... and it still happens in GTA IV

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 05:08 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What I mean is that you couldn't save it in a garage where it's always available.

You could do the regular thing but once you lost the car or destroyed it, it's gone.

I thought it was stupid for the developers to allow to customize a car without the ability to always have that car. Similar to how Saints Row does it. You save it in a garage and it's always there, no matter how many times you take it out and destroy it. The only time it's not there is if you remove it from the garage.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 06:22 PM
S_D_J
Bane

and the trailer is live!

is downloading excruciatingly slow, guess the bandwidth is completely hugged

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 04:06 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

City looks great. Huge to the mountains and stuff if they are all explorable then its going to be massive. Looks like modern setting to me also.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 04:19 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote