KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sephiroth vs Lavos

Sephiroth vs Lavos
Started by: Kosmic King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kosmic King

Sephiroth vs Lavos

I origionally posted this in the wrong thread. So I'll post it here instead...

Who wins in a fight between the great but rather overrated half-angel Sephiroth (from Final Fantasy VII) and the ancient cosmic parasite Lavos (from Chrono Trigger)?

Not including feats from the Completation of VII or Chrono Chross. Just from the original games.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 08:42 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Lavos has hight durability but what can it do to harm Sephiroth? Only threat is some life-wiping lasers.

What can the bug do?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 12:16 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Well it contains the DNA of every life-form that has ever lived on the planet, at least since its arival 60 million years ago. Immense strength, threw a mountain on you during the final fight. Can survive in the void of space. Don't forget that it lived within the core of the Earth surrunded by lava and had the entire weight of the plant on it. Not to mention that its mere existance caused tears in the fabric of time.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 01:48 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'd give it a win over Silver Haired douchebaggery.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 01:59 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

There a reason Seph can't beat it the same way the heroes did?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 11:44 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Both at full power I presume?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 01:03 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Both at full power I presume?

Full power from the first games they appeared in.

Then maybe including the other appearances.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:54 PM
Kosmic King

Originally posted by BloodRain
There a reason Seph can't beat it the same way the heroes did?

There a reason Lavos can't kill him the way it killed Crono?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:56 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

@___@ Haven't played Chrono Trigger so I'm asking you..

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:08 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In Chrono Trigger, wasn't Lavos the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs? If he can survive an impact that big then I don't see Seph hurting him.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

He was. Then he instantly burrowed into the Earth, thus super speed.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:14 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Out of curiosity, how did this guy die?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:31 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Death by Protagonists.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:33 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Did these protagonists do anything special? Or did they hit him like they hit every enemy in the game?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:34 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's an RPG. Every enemy can be felled by taking turns to whak it with swords. Sephiroth was killed the same way if you'll recall. erm

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:43 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yes, I do recall. But as I do not know how Lavos was killed, it would be rather stupid for me to argue the amount of difficulty Sephiroth will have here unless I know whether special circumstances were present at the time of Lavos' defeat in CT.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:48 AM
Kosmic King

Lavos didn't actually fie, he was just sucked to the void...where it absorbed Schala and became the Time Devourer. But we're not using Chrono Cross feats.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 09:00 AM
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Two words. Super Nova. Not because of the damage, but because by the time the move is finished Lavos will die of old age.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 11:41 PM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kuja9001

Lavos, call me when sephiroth actually destroys the world.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 02:34 AM
Kuja9001 is currently offline Click here to Send Kuja9001 a Private Message Find more posts by Kuja9001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Originally posted by elfirrepins
Two words. Super Nova. Not because of the damage, but because by the time the move is finished Lavos will die of old age.

He's already millions of years old.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 08:44 PM