KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That's not ironic at all, considering I never said Altair was a relatable character. In fact, I specifically said the opposite a few posts up. no expression

Dick.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 7th, 2011 05:31 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Stop callin' my crib.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 7th, 2011 05:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You guys. I love Altair. Let's talk about it.

Anyway, am I the only one hoping Desmond IS playable at some point?

Old Post May 8th, 2011 05:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I only have one problem with this game: Who is going to be the enemy?

To me Cesare was pretty cool but wasn't as cool as Rodrigo.

And Lucrezia isn't going to be the main enemy so...who is left?

And I hope they keep the assassin companion system. I loved that.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 06:00 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Digi
You guys. I love Altair. Let's talk about it.

Anyway, am I the only one hoping Desmond IS playable at some point?
Yes

Old Post May 8th, 2011 06:01 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I only have one problem with this game: Who is going to be the enemy?

Finding a historical person that can be turned into collaborating with the templars isn't a problem, so have no worries. It's choosing one among the amount of characters in history that is a problem.

As for the scenary it'll be interesting because in the 15th century ,where Ezio will be running around, Istanbul was a multicultural Metropolis, so basically you can take persons from all religious movements in the 15th century and use them in the game. And if I had more time I would open my laptop and get my notes from my lecture about the rise of the Ottoman empire but you can find quite a few important characters that can be used by yourself smile

Old Post May 8th, 2011 09:04 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Robespierre, PLEASE!

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 9th, 2011 12:41 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote:
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%

- Eagle vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense lets you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."

- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.

- You can lose control of your dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the Templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a Master Assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.

- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help.

- Desmond is placed back inside the Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door.

- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC. You'll be able to customize your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.

- Constantinople isn't the only location. You'll also visit Cappadocia.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on May 9th, 2011 at 01:13 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2011 01:10 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ooooooh.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 9th, 2011 02:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I find it funny that it took this long for Ezio's story to end. No actual problem with they guy, I'm just a tad bored is all.

I wonder if there's going to be a new PoE shown in this one also.

GK: Do they ever explain why they're still calling towers, "Borgia Towers"? The whole Borgia thing should've been resolved IIRC.

Old Post May 9th, 2011 02:38 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I find it funny that it took this long for Ezio's story to end. No actual problem with they guy, I'm just a tad bored is all.

I wonder if there's going to be a new PoE shown in this one also.

GK: Do they ever explain why they're still calling towers, "Borgia Towers"? The whole Borgia thing should've been resolved IIRC.

Well, like the quote said, it's the tower concept, not actual Borgia Towers. They seem to be called "Assassin's Dens."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 9th, 2011 02:48 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Reading is hard!

Old Post May 9th, 2011 02:49 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...evelations.aspx

Some info about multiplayer; it'll be much more customizable this time around, and you'll be able to select which mode on what map you want to play (instead of the maps being random) this time around. Which is nice, as in Brotherhood there were certain maps I absolutely hated playing on.

Also, apparently, more info about Abstergo will be revealed in the game. Not too interesting to me but I'm sure other people will care about that stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:25 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I almost wish they weren't making this a platform game. Well the multiplayer sounds nice from the description.

I wish you could actually fight other players with swords and combos like you do with guards in the game. Oh well.

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

...platform game wat? What the muffin are you talking about?

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:34 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I don't know, wasn't there something about console release in this link right here:http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/a...pc-in-november/

I really don't know sad

Old Post May 9th, 2011 10:03 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

So... you mean... releasing it on platforms. Which is what you release games on. Platforms. Consoles and PCs are both examples of platforms.

What the hell else do you release a game on?

So I'm assuming you mean you wish it wasn't a console game. And if that's what you mean, why not? How does the game being released on consoles affect you negatively?

Old Post May 9th, 2011 10:16 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I "almost" don't want it on a console because the effort should really be put into an AC3.

Like I said previosly, I have no problem with an improved multiplayer, I just don't think it should be spent on another Ezio story. As cool as it is, I don't really get how you can play as an old Ezio and Altair when the latter's story was already resolved in AC2.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:14 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

It would seem it's not quite resolved. And no one should have been expecting AC3 until 2012 anyway.

AC is Ubisoft Montreal's big pet project now, and it's made them a massive amount of money. Reaction to AC:B was strong, so it makes perfect business sense to make another of its type in the interim, both to expand upon what people liked in AC:B, and to keep people interested in the series until AC3's release next year.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:34 AM
wakkawakkawakka

It does make good buisness sense, it just doesn't seem right. To be honset I was content with Brotherhood's multiplayer but if they have something better then I guess that's plausible.

I can stand to wait for Ac3, it just seems weird to have an Ezio trilogy.

I though the genetic memory from Altair was shown to be passed over during AC2 which is why I found it awkward..but cool...to play as him again.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:50 AM