KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » sabretooth vs iron fist

sabretooth vs iron fist
Started by: bupj

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hyperion Prime

LOL Sabertooth was wearing a bear suit. Thats why he had claws!!!!!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:12 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Lol anyone who disagrees is a troll....lol

People who think Iron Fist wins

Mindset
Seven Shackles
Sr J-bieb
Daredevil 1
Bently
Buster 1
Strarscream M

Yes because we all don't sleep with a wolverine blanky and nightlight we are all trolls. laughing

LOL I didn't even mean to read his post it was an accident, but it was hillarious. You don't agree with me so the whole board is trolls. laughing

Neither Seven Shackles nor Daredevil, said that Iron Fist would win. They inquired about the relevancy of the early Creed vs Iron Fist fights, where Creed had no powers and Iron Fist beat him. Buster was wondering if Danny's bullet training punching feat was the norm, and it was explained to him that it wasn't and Danny was amping himself from an outside source at the time. Starscream flip flopped.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:13 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Isn't current IF powered up from his classic levels-able to destroy a train with his chi. If so I reckon he takes Creed.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Neither Seven Shackles nor Daredevil, said that Iron Fist would win. They inquired about the relevancy of the early Creed vs Iron Fist fights, where Creed had no powers and Iron Fist beat him. Buster was wondering if Danny's bullet training punching feat was the norm, and it was explained to him that it wasn't and Danny was amping himself from an outside source at the time. Starscream flip flopped.

Buster flat out said he wins.........wtf is wrong with you!!!! Screw you I done with you for real this time. Maybe later you can join the Weapon X program.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:17 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
So the retcon deleted his history of fights against Fist then, is what you're saying?

Scans?

That's how things work. Subsequent character development contradict those early appearances, so we know they couldn't have transpired as they were originally depicted. We don't just assume that Sabretooth was retroactively operating at his standard levels just so you can have a leg to stand on.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:21 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Buster flat out said he wins.........wtf is wrong with you!!!! Screw you I done with you for real this time. Maybe later you can join the Weapon X program.

After he asked about what level Iron Fist operated at, meaning his endorsement was conditional on whether or not his impression of Iron Fist's power level was right... which it wasn't. Reading comprehension. Google it, fan boy.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:24 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

That's how things work. Subsequent character development contradict those early appearances, so we know they couldn't have transpired as they were originally depicted. We don't just assume that Sabretooth was retroactively operating at his standard levels just so you can have a leg to stand on.
Really, that's how things work? Something wasn't fully fleshed out at the time so we completely ignore it?

Good to know.

I'd say something about retcons... but it wasn't even that, it was just them explaining his powers later... even if, that's not how retcons work either. Unless they retcon the actual fight away

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 15th, 2011 at 05:30 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:25 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

I could be remembering wrong but I don't think I'm talking about when Ironfist beat him with Powerman.

It was another match when Creed's abilities were a bit more established and Danny was without his dragon enhancement.

As Danny used his own internal chi to deliver a chi punch on Creed.

Anyone remember?

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:33 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Daredevil1
I could be remembering wrong but I don't think I'm talking about when Ironfist beat him with Powerman.

It was another match when Creed's abilities were a bit more established and Danny was without his dragon enhancement.

As Danny used his own internal chi to deliver a chi punch on Creed.

Anyone remember?

Marvel Comics Presents. Sabretooth toyed with Danny, beating him down pretty effortlessly until he was punched into a dues ex machina electrical box which overloaded, exploded and collapsed a tunnel on top of him.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:38 PM
Bentley
Seitei

To be fair I wasn't "serious" when I said IF wins here, normally I take you and BH seriously because you've read Logan books, which is more than we can say about most people discussing here

Is this case I disagree when you say feats are retroactively affected by later developments. Korvac one-shotted the Collector back when he was presented as an old guy with tech, later on we learned he had powers that dwarfed those of herald level heroes, but that only made Korvac's showing incredibly impressive. Unless stated otherwise by a retcon, past showings aren't altered by new developments.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:41 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Really, that's how things work? Something wasn't fully fleshed out at the time so we completely ignore it?

Good to know.

I'd say something about retcons... but it wasn't even that, it was just them explaining his powers later... even if, that's not how retcons work either. Unless they retcon the actual fight away

They didn't "explain his powers later," they added powers later. Which is different. Sabretooth wasn't a mutant when he first appeared in Iron Fist, he was just a strong, fast brawler. It was almost 10 years after he fist appeared in Iron Fist that someone decided Creed should be a Wolverine villain and he was given enhanced stats and a healing factor. He wasn't an "under developed" character, he was essentially a completely different character.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:43 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Marvel Comics Presents. Sabretooth toyed with Danny, beating him down pretty effortlessly until he was punched into a dues ex machina electrical box which overloaded, exploded and collapsed a tunnel on top of him.
Was Danny blinded at the time by any chance?

They didn't "explain his powers later," they added powers later. Which is different. Sabretooth wasn't a mutant when he first appeared in Iron Fist, he was just a strong, fast brawler. It was almost 10 years after he fist appeared in Iron Fist that someone decided Creed should be a Wolverine villain and he was given enhanced stats and a healing factor. He wasn't an "under developed" character, he was essentially a completely different character.
Sounds like explained to me. They expanded on the character, they explained why he's strong and fast.

Also, lol at him being a completely different character... He went from a strong fast brawler to a strong fast brawler... with a healing factor and enhanced senses!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:53 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Back when Danny beat Sabretooth I don't think we even knew Danny liked Lucky Charms, now that he has more character development he stomps.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:10 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Mindset
Back when Danny beat Sabretooth I don't think we even knew Danny liked Lucky Charms, now that he has more character development he stomps.
Did he even know Powerman at the time? He wasn't as culturally diverse as he is now. Again, he fists.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:11 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Bentley
To be fair I wasn't "serious" when I said IF wins here, normally I take you and BH seriously because you've read Logan books, which is more than we can say about most people discussing here

Is this case I disagree when you say feats are retroactively affected by later developments. Korvac one-shotted the Collector back when he was presented as an old guy with tech, later on we learned he had powers that dwarfed those of herald level heroes, but that only made Korvac's showing incredibly impressive. Unless stated otherwise by a retcon, past showings aren't altered by new developments.

Judomaster didn't have an "aversion aura" when she first showed up in Birds of Prey. If someone beat her before she was given that power, then they retroactively are able to counter her power?

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:13 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Was Danny blinded at the time by any chance?

Sounds like explained to me. They expanded on the character, they explained why he's strong and fast.

Also, lol at him being a completely different character... He went from a strong fast brawler to a strong fast brawler... with a healing factor and enhanced senses!

No he wasn't blind at the time.

He went from a strong and fast (but not abnormally so) human smuggler, to a super humanly strong and fast mutant merc and assassin with a healing factor.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:16 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Trains..don't hit back.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:33 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

If they're moving towards you they do.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Juk3n
Trains..don't hit back.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

thumb up
Originally posted by Mindset
If they're moving towards you they do.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:38 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

No he wasn't blind at the time.

He went from a strong and fast (but not abnormally so) human smuggler, to a super humanly strong and fast mutant merc and assassin with a healing factor.
Oh right, I was thinking of the other time out of the three times that Iron Fist beat him...
He couldn't call upon the powers of the Fist and admitted that he was doing the worst fighting of his career...

I bet him turning from a 'smuggler' to a 'merc' and 'assassin' really upped his game and vastly affected his powers... the guy also was tossing around Luke Cage back then... what a weakling.
Looks like the only real difference was them explaining a healing factor. Which makes sense because he was able to survive a couple fights with Fist back then.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:39 PM