KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Namor w a twist

Thor vs Namor w a twist
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

You found an observation of mine regarding this fight to be incorrect? If so, address the point you wish to contest.

You're welcome to make it. With or without Mjolnir, I would not bet on Nova beating Thor in a fight head on. He could by pulling a more indirect tactic such as a Stargate. If you limit it to Thor not being able to fly or project energy, then I believe he has sufficient power to eventually wear Thor down.

Look man you know how I feel about you. But I'm sorry, some posts are -at least on the surface- to silly to respond to. I consider this one of those times. However, since I don't see you as someone who pulls stuff out of his rectum, I suppose I'll have to take a closer look at it. But I gotta doubt anything that you could post would ever convince me that Thor will out swim, maneuver and ultimately out fight Namor in the ocean.

I won't make the thread because I think its gay when an op creates a thread and then actively sides with a character and debates it in the thread. And you better damn well believe I'd be actively participating in that one. Let Thor fly or whatever, doesn't matter to me. He ain't beating Rich in a fight in space without his hammer.

Last edited by dmills on May 16th, 2011 at 08:21 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 08:19 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Namor wins.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 16th, 2011 08:26 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

@Dmills: I loled at the Thor vs Nate in the Astral Plane.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 16th, 2011 08:38 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
@Dmills: I loled at the Thor vs Nate in the Astral Plane.

Yeah, I thought you'd get a kick outta that.

But seriously man I find this "deus ex" outlook of Thor to be absurd. He's going to out swim and out fight Namor in the ocean, out fight Nova in space etc, all without Mjolnir. I mean come on here. I dig the hammer as a sort of plot device deal, but not Thor himself.

One thing that I can respect about Supes is that while he doesn't have the most varied powerset in comic-dom, he does what he does with what he's got. No matter the plot, holes in space/time, whatever, you just know that that motherphucker is going to figure out a way to beat it with heat vision lol.

Last edited by dmills on May 16th, 2011 at 09:05 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 08:58 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Tbf, it's Rage talking about Thor.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:00 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The collective histories of Namor and Thor, comparing how they've fared in fights against the same foes (Herc / Hulk / Sentry ect), would suggest that Namor v Thor would be something close to 50/50 sans Mjolnir even on land.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:04 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Mindset
Tbf, it's Rage talking about Thor.
laughing out loud You said it, not me!

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:07 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The collective histories of Namor and Thor, comparing how they've fared in fights against the same foes (Herc / Hulk / Sentry ect), would suggest that Namor v Thor would be something close to 50/50 sans Mjolnir even on land.
There is that, but one thing that's also been fairly consistent in the histories-barring plot driven stuff- is that Namor steps it up in orders of magnitude under water no? Or do you see it remaining equal even under water?

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:10 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by dmills
There is that, but one thing that's also been fairly consistent in the histories-barring plot driven stuff- is that Namor steps it up in orders of magnitude under water no? Or do you see it remaining equal even under water?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was saying that 50/50 on land would mean a stomp underwater for Namor, or at the very least a healthy majority.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:16 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was saying that 50/50 on land would mean a stomp underwater for Namor, or at the very least a healthy majority.
thumb up

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:38 PM
Darth Thor

He's stomped Savage Hulk underwater.. I really dnt see Thor doing much better than Hulk without Mjolnir..

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by dmills
Look man you know how I feel about you. But I'm sorry, some posts are -at least on the surface- to silly to respond to. I consider this one of those times. However, since I don't see you as someone who pulls stuff out of his rectum, I suppose I'll have to take a closer look at it. But I gotta doubt anything that you could post would ever convince me that Thor will out swim, maneuver and ultimately out fight Namor in the ocean.

I won't make the thread because I think its gay when an op creates a thread and then actively sides with a character and debates it in the thread. And you better damn well believe I'd be actively participating in that one. Let Thor fly or whatever, doesn't matter to me. He ain't beating Rich in a fight in space without his hammer.

erm What exactly did you find silly in my post? Please specify.

I don't think Thor would out swim Namor -at least I highly doubt it- but he has shown extreme maneuverability and speed in water. Throw in instances where he has shown to fly without using Mjolnir, and one of Namor's biggest advantages in water becomes moot.

Best case scenario, in the water Namor would be able to dodge Thor's blows more easily such as seen here:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...horvsNamor3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...horvsNamor4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...horvsNamor5.jpg

But even then, as we saw, Thor can maneuver very effectively in water, is able to take his blows -even underwater- in stride and can grab as well as manhandle Namor.

And I'm assuming -or hoping at least- that you're ignoring Thor's elemental based powers otherwise Thor's ability to control the element of water alone would be a huge advantage as Namora learned:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...aMalestrom1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...aMalestrom2.jpg

He has showings that illustrate much more power over the sea but that scene is related to this fight.

There are instances where Thor has shown a decent amount of maneuverability in water without the power of flight such as here:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...amorvsThor4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...amorvsThor5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...amorvsThor6.jpg

It should be noted, Namor wasn't 100% in that fight due to the pollution so the scene wasn't posted to illustrate Namor's performance against Thor but the Odinson's ability to fight underwater. A scan to illustrate Namor's performance would be this one:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...ordown1blow.jpg

stick out tongue

And for the lulz, the swimming scene:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...AmazingAim6.jpg

Make the thread. Five gets you ten I'll be able to support the stance that Prime won't be able to beat Thor straight up. Maybe through smart thinking such as a Stargate as Thor's versatility is severely limited.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 16th, 2011 at 09:46 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Namor wins.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:48 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Can't argue against that. I concede.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 09:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Thor wins this. Namor has never been able to beat Hercules under water. I don't see how he could handle Thor. I know he has beat the hulk underwater, but that's a different story.

Last edited by Hyperion Prime on May 16th, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:07 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Herc > Thor

I don't remember them actually fighting underwater though.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:09 PM
Hyperion Prime

Herc > Thor

I don't remember them actually fighting underwater though.

You know what you might be right. The one time they fought I think on Avengers island. The second time they fought on something in the middle of the ocean. They were only under water for a second. I still remember a time they were under water. I will have to find it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:16 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Make the thread. Five gets you ten I'll be able to support the stance that Prime won't be able to beat Thor straight up. Maybe through smart thinking such as a Stargate as Thor's versatility is severely limited.
Now you've peaked my curiosity. I'll make it, if only just to see how others respond.

Last edited by dmills on May 16th, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:02 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
You know what you might be right. The one time they fought I think on Avengers island. The second time they fought on something in the middle of the ocean. They were only under water for a second. I still remember a time they were under water. I will have to find it.

(please log in to view the image)

Herc got his *ss saved by Namora there.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 17th, 2011 06:07 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor's the gayest thing in marvel. No wonder odin is so disappointed in him.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 17th, 2011 06:58 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote