KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos versus Dr Strange and Silver Surfer

Thanos versus Dr Strange and Silver Surfer
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know he Thanos has a soul, but he so, strange steals it. He can steal all Thanos's power, actually. And quan, give the whole "Strange said he couldn't beat Thanos" shit a rest. It's meaningless. Doom sure thought Strange could beat Thanos. I think, just like the IG feats, a character's self doubt shouldn't be a viable debate tactic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:40 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Who is higher than Death? The Vishanti for one, according to the marvel handbook. Eternity, too. Remember, Thanos is the avatar of death? Well Strange is the avatar of life and Eternity. Thanos can't die because Death won't let him. Strange can't die cuz HE WON'T LET DEATH KILL HIM. And she's tried many times, he said suck it, blasted her on her ass and she admitted defeat by saying killing him would take too much of her finite energy. She ran away. No one can kill Strange except himself. Not all Strange's gods are above Death, but the're all above him together and all above Thanos individually. Strange is as powerful as the omnipotent god he steals from. They'll literally fight for him.
We both know the vishanti isn't higher than death so don't post things you don't even agree with.

Strange isn't given added powers and isn't seen as the avatar of life story to story. Thanos has always been with death and besides just being called an avatar of death he is immune to death and beat the snot out of life's champion, mar-vell.

Strange was also outsmarted and beaten by WW Hulk. LOL.
Doom's henchmen have beaten the snot out of Strange.

Despite all this posturing Strange himself agrees he can't beat Thanos.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know another thing Strange once said? He said he could defeat The Beyonder. So, that means Strange is god.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You know another thing Strange once said? He said he could defeat The Beyonder. So, that means Strange is god.
Thanos has beaten the beyonder aka the maker on panel. abc logic doesn't apply since strange himself knows he can't beat Thanos. No shame in admitting inferiority to marvel's premiere badass, Thaney Thanos.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
We both know the vishanti isn't higher than death so don't post things you don't even agree with.

Strange isn't given added powers and isn't seen as the avatar of life story to story. Thanos has always been with death and besides just being called an avatar of death he is immune to death and beat the snot out of life's champion, mar-vell.

Strange was also outsmarted and beaten by WW Hulk. LOL.
Doom's henchmen have beaten the snot out of Strange.

Despite all this posturing Strange himself agrees he can't beat Thanos.
Yes, yes and Wolverine stabbed Thanos. He you want to low ball, let's do it. If you still want my respect, let's have a friendly fukkin debate. First, the fact the bots entered his house is BS. the entire Avengers couldn't do that. Stranged said GOD HIMSELF couldn't do that.And they didn't beat the shit out of him. I agree, he destroyed those characters, physically. If ANYONE engages physically, they'l lose.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:54 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has beaten the beyonder aka the maker on panel. abc logic doesn't apply since strange himself knows he can't beat Thanos. No shame in admitting inferiority to marvel's premiere badass, Thaney Thanos.
I was using your logic. i.e he Strange says it, it must be true. As for wwhulk, Strange's weakness is compassion. He broke his hands cuz hulk, as well as the writers knew Strange could end the whole thing in seconds. Also, bad writing cuz Strange doesn't need his hands to caste spells. And being a good guy, you won't see many blood lust debts like Thanos.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:00 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus Doom w prep ambushed Strange. So yeah. Means nothing. I have an idea, quan. Let's post scenarios of how we think the fight goes and the other gives his rebutal on why that wouldn't work and so on. How's that sound? In first.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:05 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go first. Tell me from start to finish how Thanos wins. Nothing else.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:07 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fine, I'll start. Give me a minute to write it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:20 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scenario one: As soon as they enter the battle field, Doc's shields go up. It's possible Thanos can blast Strange before he can react...no problem. The eoa reacts at lightspeed and flys around to intercept any blast shot at Strange. It's able to take in limitless energy. It also can eat people and send them to another universe. While this is happening, Strange stop time, walks over and destroys Thanos by saying "Satanish, take him". That's my first one.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:30 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

2. Same as first. He shields up, which can tank galactus's blast. Unleashes the eye to run interference. Which gives him time to absolutely mind rape Thanos by making him feel every bit of pain and torture Thanos has ever inflicted. It worked on Galactus, it'll work on Thanos. He then has many options whilst thanos is in the fetal position.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:37 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Third: Strange steals his power from behind his shields. Easy as pie. I don't need to name all the people way above Thanos that Strange has power stolen.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:41 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fourth: Knock knock. Who's there? The vishanti. The vishanti who? The vishanti gonna **** you up.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:44 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Five: Strange, from behind his shield blasts Thanos with a 100 percent blast from the EOA. thanos will NOT survive.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:49 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Six: Becomes 100 percent ZOM.. Thanos literally get's stomped. Oh, before I do another, remember Strange is a master techno-mage, too. So it's possible he can shut Thanos's tech off.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:54 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seven: um....can't think of another right now. So I'll stop. Your turn, my friend.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:58 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

DAMN IT QUAN! wait, I remember another: Strange puts Thanos in an unbreakable bubble that strips the person inside of his cosmic power. Like he did to zombie Surfer, who tried to blitz Strange but wasn't fast enough cuz of Stranges pre cog

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, yes and Wolverine stabbed Thanos. He you want to low ball, let's do it. If you still want my respect, let's have a friendly fukkin debate. First, the fact the bots entered his house is BS. the entire Avengers couldn't do that. Stranged said GOD HIMSELF couldn't do that.And they didn't beat the shit out of him. I agree, he destroyed those characters, physically. If ANYONE engages physically, they'l lose.
Stabbing Thanos isn't beating Thanos. That's the difference as I give examples of strange being beaten not stabbed, slapped, or bitten.

It doesn't matter what one writer has said when another writer can do just the opposite. Doom's clever so give Doom credit for having Strange beaten before him.

I was using your logic. i.e he Strange says it, it must be true. As for wwhulk, Strange's weakness is compassion. He broke his hands cuz hulk, as well as the writers knew Strange could end the whole thing in seconds. Also, bad writing cuz Strange doesn't need his hands to caste spells. And being a good guy, you won't see many blood lust debts like Thanos.
I wasn't using this as a means for Thanos to win he doesn't need to trick Strange like ww hulk had to. The point is strange was completely outsmarted and then beaten to a pulp. Strange can beat ww hulk all out I admit but ww hulk isn't even near Thanos' league he's a one dimensional brick.

Scenario one: As soon as they enter the battle field, Doc's shields go up. It's possible Thanos can blast Strange before he can react...no problem. The eoa reacts at lightspeed and flys around to intercept any blast shot at Strange. It's able to take in limitless energy. It also can eat people and send them to another universe. While this is happening, Strange stop time, walks over and destroys Thanos by saying "Satanish, take him". That's my first one.
Fine doc's shields can be up. Thanos' power as death's avatar easily breach them. While depowered he throttled mar-vell the same guy who oneshotted the Magus with one blast.

Since you want to cbr this Thanos encases him in forceblock. It worked on power gem Thor who throttled Strange with prep and a team.

2. Same as first. He shields up, which can tank galactus's blast. Unleashes the eye to run interference. Which gives him time to absolutely mind rape Thanos by making him feel every bit of pain and torture Thanos has ever inflicted. It worked on Galactus, it'll work on Thanos. He then has many options whilst thanos is in the fetal position.
2.He can engage Thanos' mind all he wants. Thanos breaks people's minds and has broken the Maker's, Moondragon's, Fallen One's, etc. He also adapted to the supreme power through sheer force of will meaning Strange doesn't have a chance at even making Thanos break a sweat here.

3 badass telepaths from gotg could only mindlock him while weakened from a cc ko to a mindless Thanos. While still depowered these three couldn't keep him down so good luck proving anything here since it hasn't ever happened to Thanos at full power.

Thanos breaks strange.

Third: Strange steals his power from behind his shields. Easy as pie. I don't need to name all the people way above Thanos that Strange has power stolen.
Name the people whose power he has stolen. I mean he didn't steal the doombots power, ww hulk's, power gem Thor's, etc. Thanos is death's avatar an entire universe wanted to destroy him and came up empty so good luck proving a guy who struggles with ninjas can do it when Strange himself states I can't beat Thanos.

Fourth: Knock knock. Who's there? The vishanti. The vishanti who? The vishanti gonna **** you up.
Knock knock. Who's there ? Quanny. Thanos is going to b------k Stephen.

Five: Strange, from behind his shield blasts Thanos with a 100 percent blast from the EOA. thanos will NOT survive.
Immune to death even if you were true which it isn't since he's taken blasts from Galactus, Odin, and Tyrant all more powerful than Steph-o.

Six: Becomes 100 percent ZOM.. Thanos literally get's stomped. Oh, before I do another, remember Strange is a master techno-mage, too. So it's possible he can shut Thanos's tech off.
He can become another character he isn't beating the avatar of death who is immune to death. Strange has never ever shut down Thanos' tech before nor does he even believe he can beat Thanos. It's also a last resort to pull the Zom card but I can see you're desperate so carry on with the futility.

Seven: um....can't think of another right now. So I'll stop. Your turn, my friend.
Thanos blasts him to death.

DAMN IT QUAN! wait, I remember another: Strange puts Thanos in an unbreakable bubble that strips the person inside of his cosmic power. Like he did to zombie Surfer, who tried to blitz Strange but wasn't fast enough cuz of Stranges pre cog
What applies to the surfer doesn't apply to Thanos. Abc logic fail. It's like saying Odin kos Thanos like he did easily to Surfer even though he never ko'd Thanos.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:44 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Thanos probably can, after a while, break Strange's shields. He doesn't have a while. He has seconds before he's frozen. And Thanos needed a gun to force block. Not part of his standard equip. So, we agree Strange wins that scenario. 2. None of the people you mentioned are on Strange's level. He's a multiversal TP. Add the EOA and he's got skyfather level TP. Either way, Thanos's mind isn't better than Galactus's or Aggomatto. 3. Name some people Strange has taken power from? Seriously? Shuma, his Infinite, Cap Universe....Dormm. All more powerful than Thanos. He absolutely can steal Thanos's power. But it's black magic. 4. Thanos can beat the entire Vishanti? Please. They're three skyfathers. 5. Nothing evil can take a blast from the EOA. If he can't die, then he's k.o'd. It's not some energy blast. 6. He can zom out if he's forced. And whether or not he has shut down his tech doesn't mean he can't. 7. I can agree. Still, it could work. anyway, now YOU name the scenarios in which Thanos wins. GO!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:07 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Write them out in detail so I know what you mean and can try and understand you.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:10 AM