KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos versus Dr Strange and Silver Surfer

Thanos versus Dr Strange and Silver Surfer
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, you're not willing to put your argument out there to be critiqued, instead you opt to simply say Thanos wins? That's not ****ing acceptable, quan. I'll kill you. Kill you hard.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 12:04 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Some people are still trolling by using subjective dialogue, low-balling feats and outright distorting characters and their powersets. I guess Pr and I can put a stop to it, or certain posters can stop for themselves. Either or really.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 18th, 2011 02:26 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer kills them both for boring the shit out of him!

FTW!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 18th, 2011 03:19 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
So, you're not willing to put your argument out there to be critiqued, instead you opt to simply say Thanos wins? That's not ****ing acceptable, quan. I'll kill you. Kill you hard.
I am not a fan of arguing what I'd do with the characters powerset I instead go for what these characters would most likely do.

1. Thanos probably can, after a while, break Strange's shields. He doesn't have a while. He has seconds before he's frozen. And Thanos needed a gun to force block. Not part of his standard equip. So, we agree Strange wins that scenario. 2. None of the people you mentioned are on Strange's level. He's a multiversal TP. Add the EOA and he's got skyfather level TP. Either way, Thanos's mind isn't better than Galactus's or Aggomatto. 3. Name some people Strange has taken power from? Seriously? Shuma, his Infinite, Cap Universe....Dormm. All more powerful than Thanos. He absolutely can steal Thanos's power. But it's black magic. 4. Thanos can beat the entire Vishanti? Please. They're three skyfathers. 5. Nothing evil can take a blast from the EOA. If he can't die, then he's k.o'd. It's not some energy blast. 6. He can zom out if he's forced. And whether or not he has shut down his tech doesn't mean he can't. 7. I can agree. Still, it could work. anyway, now YOU name the scenarios in which Thanos wins. GO!
1.Seconds to where he's frozen based off of what ? Whop has Strange frozen in mere seconds who is a good comparison to Thanos to make the call here.

Thanos added the force block power to his own personal tech and had no gun when he tried it on Odin.

2.Strange isn't multiversal nor has he ever been written so. He's up there with the whole magic thing as it makes for awonderful plot device but he isn't consistently portrayed as multiversal but humor me which issues is he portrayed in such a manner.

Skyfather level tp is there even such a thing ? Thanos' mind has adapted to supreme power I doubt you can find a better or more conclusive feat by anyone.

3.Ok, but how is he stealing death's power which is what Thanos had in ti. Didn't Strange run into death before so why didn't he just steal her power since your claiming it's that easy since he stole other beings power before.
I think as death's unkillable avatar his benefactor in terms of power highly outranks the vishanti.

Thanos isn't evil persay more of an anti hero. He saved our entire universe how many times ?

The only thing shown capable of koing a mindless Thanos was the cc which is more powerful than Strange.

6.It won't help if he zom's out and that's kinda admitting under his own power he can't beat Thanos anyways.

You can't use abc logic especially considering what Thanos' tech has done. It stopped power gem Thor which Strange was unable to do.

I described my scenario. I think Thanos' blasts as death's avatar just kill Strange since he brings death to those he wants to ala thanos imperative.

I don't want to do a feat by feat cbr type fashion style debate here. I want to show you how these two are consistently portrayed Thanos would wear down and kill Strange.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 04:39 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange can't die, either.....so? evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quan, are you aware I'm trying to lead you into a trap? Is that why you won't play along? You dick. laughing out loud

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:20 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either way. You said that "if Strange can absorb Thanos's power", which you equate to Death's, then, "why didn't Strange absorb Death's powers when they fought?" Then you said "Thanos can kill Strange using Death's powers". I want you to see how bad of a point that is to hang the base of your argument. I say to you, Why would Thanos be able to kill Strange by using a portion of Death's powers when, Death herself couldn't do it herself while using all her powers? Is Thanos greater than his own God? No more double standards, bro.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:31 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I didn't even know this until today. I did some research about Strange being Life's/Eternity's avatar. I found out he totally gets a power up by it. When his life is in danger of ending, an ankh appears on his forehead and he gets a huge dose of energy from the AO, who is one with eternity. Basically if he's near death, that appears and he gets enough power to defeat his enemy. I've never even heard of that.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 19th, 2011 at 05:43 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:40 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Quan, are you aware I'm trying to lead you into a trap? Is that why you won't play along? You dick. laughing out loud
I'm immune to traps.

Either way. You said that "if Strange can absorb Thanos's power", which you equate to Death's, then, "why didn't Strange absorb Death's powers when they fought?" Then you said "Thanos can kill Strange using Death's powers". I want you to see how bad of a point that is to hang the base of your argument. I say to you, Why would Thanos be able to kill Strange by using a portion of Death's powers when, Death herself couldn't do it herself while using all her powers? Is Thanos greater than his own God? No more double standards, bro.
Death isn't unable to kill Strange it's like saying why didn't the Void kill Thor despite showing he had the power to. Just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean in a forum fight it won't happen. These companies don't kill off heroes all that often and it's all to make money in the end.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 07:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
I'm immune to traps.

You must be awesome at Yu Gi Oh.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 19th, 2011 07:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
I'm immune to traps.

Death isn't unable to kill Strange it's like saying why didn't the Void kill Thor despite showing he had the power to. Just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean in a forum fight it won't happen
So NOW you say that what happens in a comic doesn't mean it will be the same here? i.e Strange saying he can't beat Thanos can't be used by you as proof without contradicting yourself. And you're absolutely wrong in your analogy. Death never showed the ability to beat Strange. And she tried. Anyway, in your logic, just because Strange doesn't dominate Thanos in comics, it doesn't mean he can't. Right? Strange wins ez time stop. Time stop doesn't need to break his shields to work. Force block needs to break Strange's shield to work.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 19th, 2011 08:24 AM
Bouboumaster

I'll end this discution:

Classic Strange: Team stomp Thanos
Current versions of everyone: Thanos carve them new assholes in the middle of the face

Old Post May 19th, 2011 07:29 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So NOW you say that what happens in a comic doesn't mean it will be the same here? i.e Strange saying he can't beat Thanos can't be used by you as proof without contradicting yourself. And you're absolutely wrong in your analogy. Death never showed the ability to beat Strange. And she tried. Anyway, in your logic, just because Strange doesn't dominate Thanos in comics, it doesn't mean he can't. Right? Strange wins ez time stop. Time stop doesn't need to break his shields to work. Force block needs to break Strange's shield to work.
Are you saying death can't kill strange with her power ?

You're trying to use strange at his absolute best while ignoring average and low end portrayals. Thanos' average is far above strange's.

Strange and Thanos both went up against power gem Thor. Thanos won while strange sent him to Thanos because he couldn't deal with him. That's very telling.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 09:17 PM