KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament - Drafts: Round 1

inimalist's Tournament - Drafts: Round 1
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Didn't Gundam and Leo team up? Chase goes to them or Smurph/Jake stick out tongue

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on May 23rd, 2011 at 02:14 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:11 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

we did?

shifty

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
i'll go on record as well and predict xemnu will be banned or will really stir up headaches for the convenor of this little shindig at some point in the procedings.....

why should he be banned?

Originally posted by Digi
Understood, just pointing it out. Ambrose is literally between 3-8 appearances. I'm not sure a power level can be ascertained, especially since what he does is technically localized reality warping.

I think this is actually covered by this rule:

Originally posted by inimalist
[b]All other forms of reality, time and probability manipulation are allowed, however, attacks using them directly would be banned from the tournament as they are unblockable for the vast majority of characters. However, all abilities used through_these powers must be shown in a scan. A time manipulator would not simply be allowed to manipulate time in any way you wanted, but only in ways they can be shown as manipulating it_on panel.

All forms of magic are allowed, with the above conditions applied. Dr. Strange must have cast a spell in a comic to use it.

If you are drafting a time/reality manipulator, you can't just have them do the things you want them to do with that powerset. So, if Ambrose only has 8 appearances, he only has 8 appearances to have used his powers, and would thus have an exceptionally low versatility with a power that seemingly could have much more range.

So, while it might be true that we don't know how good of a time manipulator they are, or what sorts of time manipulation feats should be in their repitoir, the only valid ones in this tournament are ones that are backed up with on panel support.

thoughts?

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 06:25 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

The Wiki for Xemnu has a couple of problematic things for me:

quote:
His main resource lies in his enormous, extraordinary psionic abilities, including telepathy, hypnosis, possession, and levitation. These abilities enable him to effortlessly control millions or even billions of minds at a time, immediately induce unconsciousness in crowds of people, or even put mental blocks in the mind of Doctor Strange, the "Sorcerer Supreme" of the Marvel Universe, although the Hulk has proved immune to Xemnu's psionic possession.

That psionic feat seems a little high for mid herald

and:

quote:
If destroyed he can inhabit another living being and transform it into a smaller (11 ft) copy of his original body.

which is a clear violation of the killability limit

rather than try to rule in such a way that Xenmu is eliminated if he loses his original form, I'm tempted to ban him outright.

The participant who drafted Xenmu is free to appeal both of these things to me in PM, or anyone can discuss it here. If there is no clear explanation as to why these are not a violation, Xemnu is banned.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 06:32 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by inimalist
The Wiki for Xemnu has a couple of problematic things for me:

That psionic feat seems a little high for mid herald

and:

which is a clear violation of the killability limit

rather than try to rule in such a way that Xenmu is eliminated if he loses his original form, I'm tempted to ban him outright.

The participant who drafted Xenmu is free to appeal both of these things to me in PM, or anyone can discuss it here. If there is no clear explanation as to why these are not a violation, Xemnu is banned.

so you saw my problem.... smile

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

indeed smile

Old Post May 24th, 2011 01:39 PM
tsilamini

to replace Xemnu:

Kang the Conquorer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_the_Conqueror

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:19 PM
tsilamini

ok, so, if there are no further issues with the drafts, this round will end tomorrow at midnight, and the second round of drafts will begin at this point

Old Post May 25th, 2011 10:32 PM
tsilamini

we are waiting on one potential draft, but otherwise, round 1 is closed, and I will be moving onto round 2

Old Post May 27th, 2011 01:51 PM
tsilamini

Johnny Storm, Herald of Galactus - The Invisible Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...s_and_abilities

Drafted as an unused character

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:17 AM