KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Gunrunner

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Gunrunner
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Zink
Bane

"Where I am to start this mission?" Rand asks. "I can hardly clean up all the crime that plagues the Republic's borders." He smiles at Master Yoda, baring his sharp teeth, a recessed gene that occurs very rarely in Nautolans. The smile has always been unnerving.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 01:53 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"To Lahsbane, you must go," Yoda says. "There, your journey begins."

The last Jedi comes at Foghren with a strong swipe at his back, which Foghren catches with his saber over his shoulder. The two clash with repeated power strikes before Foghren is thrown off. With room to breath, his opponent tries to reach out with the Force to pull to him a discarded lightsaber from one of the defeated duelists. It snaps up toward him...

Foghren darts in and catches it before it reaches him. Activating the second blade, he swipes high and low at the Jedi until it appears repetitive. Then he comes in from the side and pushes the Jedi's sword off to the side, pressing it down, and follows with an underhanded upward slash that knocks the sword from the Jedi's grip.

The duel is over and Foghren has won!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 02:37 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

"Lahsbane?" Rand inquires, applauding lightly for his student's impressive victory. "What is happening on Lahsbane?"

Where and what is Lahsbane?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 12:30 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Find out, you will," Yoda says.

Lahsbane is a small world on the rim of Republic space that shuns technology, inhabited by little furry childish creatures known as the Lahsbees. They contribute a Senator mainly just to make sure they keep people away from Lahsbane.

Foghren stands in the midst of the cheering. He looks rather smug as he puts away his lightsaber and returns the one he snatched. His opponents look a little dejected, but everyone else is impressed. Including Rianna, who smirks and claps. Foghren gives her a wink and she blushes.

"Master Yoda!" Foghren says, striding over. "I did not know you were here."

"Fought well you did," Yoda compliments. "No arrogance did I sense in you."

"I fight not to show off," Foghren says, "but to be ready for when I someday need to be able to handle myself, without the guidance of my Master."

Yoda nods in approval. You have no idea how Foghren turned out like this...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 01:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

At some point, Rand may have instilled a sense of humility and honor in his young student, perhaps in the earliest days of Foghren's training. He must not be picking up Rand's worsening habits.

Rand notices the exchange of glances between Rianna and Foghren, but withholds comment. The two have a connection, he knows. He ponders if he can exploit it to draw both into his fold for what he thinks may happen.

"I have news for you, my apprentice," Rand says to Foghren. "I can imagine you are aware that Master Yoda did not come to the courtyard just to see you fight today. We have an assignment to Lahsbane."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"We're being sent out?" Foghren asks, somewhat surprised. "That's great news! Where are we going?"

Master Yoda has begun to walk away at this point. He casts a glance back at you, Rand, fixing you with a scrutinizing glare. For a moment, you are nearly worried that he can see into you, into what you are slowly becoming.

Yoda shrugs and continues on his way, but not before saying:

"Wants to see you, Master Vera-Kin does. Before you go."

He leaves the courtyard.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:10 AM
General Zink
Bane

Rand meets Yoda's gaze evenly, waiting until the wizened old master leaves his presence before giving a shiver of discomfort. If Foghren notices, Rand does not explain or comment.

"We are to go to Lahsbane, home of the Lahsbees," Rand says. "Apparently there are issues of illicit arms shipments going on there. Master Yoda has tasked us with putting an end to the problem. I am not sure what we will find on Lahsbane, however. I have not been properly briefed. I suppose we will see when we arrive."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Lahsbane, Lahsbane..." Foghren says, thinking for a moment. "Huh, strange place to start an investigation on arms trade. The Lahsbee don't use weapons, do they? At least not the advanced sort.

"What do you think Master Vera wants?" Foghren asks.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:32 AM
General Zink
Bane

"I do not know," Rand says.

He believes she wants to have a word with him before going out on account of what happened during his last mission. He does not want to share this with his student.

"You run along and pack your belongings and supplies," Rand says. "I will go talk to my Master. We will depart for Lahsbane tomorrow."

Rand will leave the courtyard to go find Master Vera-Kin, pondering where she might be.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Foghren does as you ask. You notice Rianna watching you both as you leave the courtyard.

It is not hard to find Master Vera-Kin. Even with the state you are in, the connection between the two of you is very strong indeed. Even being her third student, you developed a sturdy bond. You can sense her clearly in the Temple, and you find her in one of great columned hallways.

She is not alone. Beside her walk the other two Jedi Masters who have received training under Vera-Kin- the scholarly Trogari Besh and the rough Numok Geth.

"Ah, Master Rand," greets Geth, a Zabrak with numerous broken horns and the customary face tattoos. "Our Master has heard you are to be deployed once more."

"Hmph," Vera-Kin says, leaning on her cane.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:52 AM
General Zink
Bane

Rand sneers when Geth greets him. He does not like either of Vera's former students, feeling that he is far superior to them in all ways. Even if that is not actually true, since both are Masters in their own right.

"It is true, the Council has granted me an assignment," Rand says to Vera-Kin, not really acknowledging Geth or Besh. "Is this a problem for you, Master?"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Our Master is still concerned about what happened on Glee Anselm," Trogari squawks, the birdlike woman looking at you down the curve of her beak.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:17 AM
General Zink
Bane

"My, Master Vera-Kin, what a lovely beak you've grown," Rand snarls at Trogari, "or did I somehow never notice it before?"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Trogari Besh squawks in irritation with you retort.

"Since when did a student of mine have such poison on this tongue?" Vera-Kin asks. "I am concerned about you, Rand. You have changed of late. I HAVE noticed, my old apprentice."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:40 AM
General Zink
Bane

"What I did on Glee Anselm was necessary," Rand says. "I realize it crossed boundaries that should not have been, you know this. It will not happen again, Master Vera-Kin. I will not make the same mistake twice. I am not a boy any longer. I am a Jedi Master, just as you are."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"No," Vera-Kin says. "Not as I am. There is a darkness in you that was not there before. I can sense it."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:51 AM
General Zink
Bane

Rand concentrates to hide his mind from Vera-Kin, likely displaying some of his foul temper after snapping at Trogari.

"I do not know what you sense," Rand says, "but you are mistaken. About a great many things. Did you only call me here to berate me?"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 08:11 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"No," Vera-Kin says, frowning. "I'm concerned, not upset. I want to help you, if you'll let me."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 08:14 AM
General Zink
Bane

"I do not need your help," Rand says, firmly.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 07:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Vera-Kin looks down at the ground.

"Leave us," Vera-Kin says.

"Master..." Trogari begins to protest.

"You heard her," Numok says, taking the other's arm.

They depart. Only you and Vera-Kin stand in the corridor.

"I know," Vera-Kin says, "about the Holocron."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 11:11 AM