KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 4

Halo 4
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

sighs.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 04:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
sighs.

You're not happy about the sequel, are you?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 05:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, he knows he loves it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 06:53 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Zack Fair
(please log in to view the image)

Keep CoD out of my Halo.

Looks more like Mass Effect 2 than CoD... except Mass Effect 2 did in in game and not in some pointless pre-rendered cutscene. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 07:04 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

YES!!! AHAHAHA! AYSDASHDZDCNASCJCX

I'm so excited I'm not really sure what to say

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:21 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Most likey be checking out that new planet we see in the legendary ending for halo 3.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 07:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So far, the most likely thing I can see happening in Halo 4 is the return of the Flood. Suppose that a bunch of spores got on the frigate and when Master Chief docks (I assume the wrecked frigate is caught in a tractor beam) or crashes into what seems to be the Forerunner's last refuge, the Flood will begin infecting and the thought to be extinct race would either hunt Chief down for bringing with him their demise or have him fight alongside them to eliminate what's left of the parasites.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:05 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I doubt the Flood will be returning. The Flood were universally hated and it would just make everything too dull and uninspiring. Then again it might happen and I'll probably be forced to kill myself.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Looks more like Mass Effect 2 than CoD... except Mass Effect 2 did in in game and not in some pointless pre-rendered cutscene. cool

I was talking about the controller. Someone said they never liked Halo's controller(blasphemy! It is still one of the best controller setups out there) and that he wouldn't mind a more CODesque controller.

Perhaps they could add a CODesque controller setup but I dunno.

As for Mass Effect...don't make me choose between the two. Halo will come out on top.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 10th, 2011 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I doubt the Flood will be returning. The Flood were universally hated and it would just make everything too dull and uninspiring. Then again it might happen and I'll probably be forced to kill myself.

I'm not happy with the idea as much as you but that doesn't alter the possibilities of there actually being Flood. If they do make a comeback, the Gravemind better make one too and is a boss. If he's a boss, that would probably satisfy a lot of people. I know I would be. Near the end of Halo 3, I was hoping to face him but instead, the boss was Guilty Spark. GUILTY SPARK! mad

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:20 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

And the mother ****er killed the baddest mofo in the Haloverse >__< Stupid SPARK ARGH

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed.

Also, about the Elites. Think they'll be friend again (like in Halo 3), or foe (like in Reach and the others that took place before 3) ? Am hoping they'll still be allies if they're included in some part of the new game(s), personally.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 09:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Honestly I loved having the chance to finally kill Guilty Spark. Johnson meant nothing to me anyway.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 10:24 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Cyner
Honestly I loved having the chance to finally kill Guilty Spark. Johnson meant nothing to me anyway.

Agreeeeeeed. Spark had been pissing me off since Halo: CE. I got out of that part exactly what the developers wanted: satisfaction in being the one to deal the killing blow to that flying light bulb.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 08:04 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The only way I could've gotten my "full" satisfaction out of killing Guilty Spark is if doing so meant undoing what he did to Johnson, aside from the glitch where Johnson's still alive after the cutscene where he "dies" and then gets infected by the Flood on the way out... lol

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 08:08 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You know what would really do justice in future Halo multiplayer? Trolls being branded. Suppose that when a player hits and/or kills his/her teammates on purpose, they secretely get Troll points and when they have enough, a Troll symbol will be placed right next to their username whenever they play Halo and shall be forever shunned by the Halo community for being such a dick. Also, when a Troll appears in the lobby, we can vote on whether or not to keep him/her in there. You know what, why wait? Bungie should put it in Reach. Now!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 03:10 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Before they ever do that though, they should take Sword Base away as a map to use for zombies/infection.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 04:05 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I was playing Firefight today and I've noticed something. My teammates were trying to troll me but I was immune to their attacks no matter how many times they shot me. WTF? Teammates can kill eachother in everything but Firefight? Bungie must think it's funny allowing only one mode to not have betrayals while the majority of players have to suffer in team slayer, CTF, Assault, etc.. 343 Industries better make all the multiplayer modes troll-proof in Halo 4 if they know what's good for them.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 16th, 2011 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 08:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There's still a Reach thread if we're just gonna continue discussing that game. This thread should only be for Halo 4.

To answer your question though, players used to be able to kill each other in firefight, which then the victim could just kick the other player from the game. It got out of hand eventually, especially when it came to accidental team killing like in rocket fight, and someone would get kicked as a result, so they made it to where you could no longer kill other players in firefight in the first patch or so. Also prevents trolls from being able to troll in firefight as well as they could before, so it was for the best. You should be thanking Bungie for that..

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 09:24 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There's still a Reach thread if we're just gonna continue discussing that game. This thread should only be for Halo 4.

I am only bringing up Reach just to point out of some things that need to be improved and added in the next installment.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 10:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Pretty epic wallpaper for this game, I must say.

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets...4_1600x1200.jpg

Looks like it's calling me home.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 12:02 AM