KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Middle Earth Mayhem!

Middle Earth Mayhem!
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Middle Earth Mayhem!

Inspired by my Tolkien rush lately, gonna have an all out brawl, LOTRO style. This is a thunderdome battle, so no prep. I.E., Saruman doesn't trap Gandalf in tower....

Round 1: Fight!

Peregrin Took (Pippin) vs Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry)

Samwise Gamgee vs Sméagol (Gollum)

Frodo Baggins vs Bilbo Baggins

Legolas vs Gimli (Gimli killed 42 enemies at the Battle of Helm's Deep, Legolas got 41)

Thorin Oakenshield (Leader of the dwarves in The Hobbit) vs Durin VI (the dwarf king who woke the Balrog)

Faramir vs Éomer

Boromir vs Théoden

Bolg (Orc leader killed by Beorn in the Hobbit) vs Boldog (Orc leader killed by Thingol in the First Age)

Galadrial vs Elrond Half-Elven

Beorn (The Skin-changer in the hobbit, turns into massive bear) vs Glorfindel (soloed a Balrog, though he died too)

Aragorn vs Isildur (the one who cut the ring from Sauron's hand)

Fingolfin (Elf King who fought Morgoth one on one) vs Fëanor (his brother, creator of the Silmarils)

Túrin (killed the First Dragon by himself) vs Eärendil (Elrond's father, helped kill Ancalagon the Black; the mightiest dragon)

Treebeard vs Tom Bombadil (ring had no power over him, he made IT disappear)

Gothmog (Balrog that killed Feanor) vs Durin's Bane (Balrog that killed Gandalf, died by Gandalf's hand)

Thorondor (King of the Eagles, helped kill Ancalagon the black) vs Smaug (dragon in the hobbit)

Shelob vs The Watcher in the Water

Gandalf the White vs Saruman of Many Colours (referred to himself as such, had a multi-colored robe; movie screwed that up)

Ancalagon the Black (mightiest dragon) vs Ungoliant (Giant Spider queen that almost beat a weakened Morgoth)

Morgoth (Sauron's master, at his weakest) vs Sauron (at his strongest)

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 08:53 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Re: Middle Earth Mayhem!

Since no one else is biting, I'll start it off:

Peregrin Took (Pippin) vs Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry) = MERRY

Samwise Gamgee vs Sméagol (Gollum) = SAM

Frodo Baggins vs Bilbo Baggins = FRODO

Legolas vs Gimli (Gimli killed 42 enemies at the Battle of Helm's Deep, Legolas got 41) = GIMLI

Thorin Oakenshield (Leader of the dwarves in The Hobbit) vs Durin VI (the dwarf king who woke the Balrog) = THORIN

Faramir vs Éomer = EOMER

Boromir vs Théoden = BOROMIR

Bolg (Orc leader killed by Beorn in the Hobbit) vs Boldog (Orc leader killed by Thingol in the First Age) = BOLDOG

Galadrial vs Elrond Half-Elven = ELROND

Beorn (The Skin-changer in the hobbit, turns into massive bear) vs Glorfindel (soloed a Balrog, though he died too) = GLORFINDEL

Aragorn vs Isildur (the one who cut the ring from Sauron's hand) = ARAGORN

Fingolfin (Elf King who fought Morgoth one on one) vs Fëanor (his brother, creator of the Silmarils) = FINGOLFIN

Túrin (killed the First Dragon by himself) vs Eärendil (Elrond's father, helped kill Ancalagon the Black; the mightiest dragon) = TURIN

Treebeard vs Tom Bombadil (ring had no power over him, he made IT disappear) = TOM BOMBADIL

Gothmog (Balrog that killed Feanor) vs Durin's Bane (Balrog that killed Gandalf, died by Gandalf's hand) = GOTHMOG

Thorondor (King of the Eagles, helped kill Ancalagon the black) vs Smaug (dragon in the hobbit) = SMAUG

Shelob vs The Watcher in the Water = WATCHER

Gandalf the White vs Saruman of Many Colours (referred to himself as such, had a multi-colored robe; movie screwed that up) = GANDALF

Ancalagon the Black (mightiest dragon) vs Ungoliant (Giant Spider queen that almost beat a weakened Morgoth) = ANCALAGON

Morgoth (Sauron's master, at his weakest) vs Sauron (at his strongest) = MORGOTH

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 08:36 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I started something like this a good many years ago. I never got around to finishing it (votes got less and less each round, and I visited here less often). But now more excitement is coming our way, why not!! Here are my votes:

Merry
Gollum
Frodo
Legolas & Gimli (can't decide!)
Thorin
Eomer
Boromir
Boldog
Galadriel
Beorn & Glorfindel (again, can't decide)
Feanor
Turin
Treebeard (only because we do not fully know who TB is)
Either? There both Balrogs!
Thorondor
Watcher (but I prefer Shelob)
Gandalf
Ungoliant
Morgoth

(Just a note: for the next round I would be careful who you put together. For instance Shelob and the Watcher. I think Shelob could be more dangerous, but the Watcher would just squash her, so a pointless battle! Your summaries of them swayed my decision too much as well, so maybe make them fairer?)

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 04:19 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
[i]Originally posted by DanielLB

Merry
Gollum
Frodo
Legolas & Gimli (can't decide!)
Thorin
Eomer
Boromir
Boldog
Galadriel
Beorn & Glorfindel (again, can't decide)
Feanor
Turin
Treebeard (only because we do not fully know who TB is)
Either? There both Balrogs!
Thorondor
Watcher (but I prefer Shelob)
Gandalf
Ungoliant
Morgoth

(Just a note: for the next round I would be careful who you put together. For instance Shelob and the Watcher. I think Shelob could be more dangerous, but the Watcher would just squash her, so a pointless battle! Your summaries of them swayed my decision too much as well, so maybe make them fairer?)
Thanks for the votes!

My summaries were really only there to kind of help people who never heard of the characters before, or remind people who have of their feats. And yah, Shelob vs The Watcher was kinda just a fill in match that came to me at the end, I needed one more fight to make it even.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 08:20 PM
Dr. Matthew
Level ??? Con-Man

Tom slaughters the Ent and kills everyone.

Thus, made sweet love with Goldberry

Old Post Jun 16th, 2014 10:12 PM
Dr. Matthew is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Matthew a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Matthew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

1. Merry.
2. Sam easily.
3. Bilbo easily.
4. Legolas.
5. Likely Thorin.
skipping the next 3 as I don't know enough to make a call for them.
9. Galadriel.
10. Glorfindel.
11. Aragorn.
12. Feanor.
13. Turin, I think.
14. Tom Bombadil very easily.
15. Gothmog easily.
16. Thorondor.
17. Probably the Watcher, Shelob being an off-spring of Ungoliant is a big deal but she got her ass kicked by Samwise Gamgee (and imo still would have lost to him without the vial of light or whatever it was. Great for Sam featwise, not so great for Shelob.)
18. Gandalf the White.
19. Ungoliant should win.
20. Hmm... Probably Sauron? Morgoth at his weakest I have a hard time believing could beat Sauron at his stronger.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 6th, 2021 05:16 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote