KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Juri Han vs Ryu

Juri Han vs Ryu
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stargun
Did Capcom really confirm the SF IV OVAs as being canon to the games? If that's the case then I go with Juri unless Ryu goes SNH...

Don't you think they could be, well, telepathically linked with each other?

They are. The 1st OVA was out-right stated to be after SFII and the 2nd OVA takes place before Super. The events of the Juri movie are referenced multiple times in the game, itself.

I never saw any info confirmin that they were telepathically linked. I'll have to read up about that.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 05:12 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Is that ending canon?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 11:40 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I believe, all the endings in IV and Super are canon.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 07:58 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
I believe, all the endings in IV and Super are canon.

Except Seth SF4 ending perhaps? Becoz he become the new emperor of the world..

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:45 PM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yea and several people killed Seth. Usually only a few are canon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:03 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^Is that taking into account the fact that there's more than one Seth? Ryu beat the 'real' Seth (number 15 was it?) in the first OVA, so that much at least is canon, and is it safe to assume that the Seth Juri took out was likely the real Seth too? I forgot how her and Bison's endings went exactly, but I thought I recalled them contradicting eachother somewhere. That is, assuming it was THE Seth that they fought.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:36 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yea and several people killed Seth. Usually only a few are canon.

There are 25 different Seths. There also happens to be 25 characters in SFIV. You should also stay minded of the fact that everyone's ending in Super didn't involve defeating Seth.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 06:52 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
^Is that taking into account the fact that there's more than one Seth? Ryu beat the 'real' Seth (number 15 was it?) in the first OVA, so that much at least is canon, and is it safe to assume that the Seth Juri took out was likely the real Seth too? I forgot how her and Bison's endings went exactly, but I thought I recalled them contradicting eachother somewhere. That is, assuming it was THE Seth that they fought.

Ryu did beat the real Seth in the 1st OVA, however, it should be noted that it was Seth, before the completion of the BLEECE Project and his Tanden Engine in full swing.

Vega and Juri's endings don't contridict. Both have them killing a Seth and on top of that, there are about a dozen Seths present around Vega in his ending.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 06:58 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
There are 25 different Seths. There also happens to be 25 characters in SFIV. You should also stay minded of the fact that everyone's ending in Super didn't involve defeating Seth.
Right, I know that. However in every SF game or any game, only a few endings are canon. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. We'll see though.

Ryu just laid there and let Seth smack him around and then owned him. I guess he just liked Seth's speech.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 11:56 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

SFIV's not the same as the previous SFs. ALL but one or two of the endings may or may not have happened. It all makes sense, just YouTube them.

Also, this isn't the first time Capcom has made a game where all the character's endings are canon, except for the final boss. If you played rival schools and then project justice, you'll see that, all but the final boss' ending was canon and carried over to the next game. Except for endings where they beat hyo, but what was shown happening after they beat him was proven to be canon.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Jul 27th, 2011 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 08:02 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I've played Rival Schools, but not to that extent. I only say that because most every game has tons of endings and only 1 or 2 are canon. These seem like they have more wiggle room though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:45 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

That's basically what is, "wiggle room". All but a few could considered canon since they either have nothing to do with each other, occur at different times but in the same area, or are the same endings, just from different points of view.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 01:54 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Juri Han curbstomps SFIV Ryu to a bloody pulp.

Remember, she single-handedly defeated Seth, then Bison (2nd strongest version) in SFIV.
Ryu barely survived against Seth, though this might be because this is #15.
But I have no reason to doubt that Juri Han or Bison would destroy #15 as well. Their Psycho power almost rivals that of Akuma during SFIV.

SFIII Ryu is a different story.
We are not sure how strong Juri Han became in SFIII, or if she is still alive.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 05:22 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I was wrong. Ryu didn't face #15. Juri did.

Even more reason she would murder this weaker version of Ryu.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 07:11 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote