KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos/Zeus vs All Versions of Doomsday

Thanos/Zeus vs All Versions of Doomsday
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

HP Doomsday gets merked by Zeus in a couple of panel. This is a high skyfather we are talking about...HP is good but he isnt skyfather good. The other Doomsdays are need.

Galan, that's the Doomsday I am taking about with the gl ring that took out all of thosr

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:17 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
HP Doomsday gets merked by Zeus in a couple of panel. This is a high skyfather we are talking about...HP is good but he isnt skyfather good. The other Doomsdays are need.

Galan, that's the Doomsday I am taking about with the gl ring that took out all of thosr
you clowning son...hp dd would wreck zeus like he did darkseid and superman.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:19 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

guess it depends on what you think of a guardian and darkseid, both of whom fell before hp dd alone.

gog wars dd was uber--he slaughtered gogs left and right for like, 100yrs or something.

frankly, not really sure, though i lean towards the dd team.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by leonidas
guess it depends on what you think of a guardian and darkseid, both of whom fell before hp dd alone.

gog wars dd was uber--he slaughtered gogs left and right for like, 100yrs or something.

frankly, not really sure, though i lean towards the dd team.

Do u view zeus as comparable to Odin? Cause I know use got a pretty high opinion of Odin and if as they are roughly equal as it is often portrayed then he should solo quite frankly.

Granted I see hp doomsday as one of the more overrated characters on the forum but the point stands regardless

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:37 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Galan007
In the Doomsday Annual it was revealed that some 250,000 years before the Death of Superman, DD encountered a Green Lantern, killed him, took his ring, then went on a rampage which ended up killing hundreds more Lanterns (and injuring thouands), and killing a Guardian.

Maybe that's who carver is referring to..?

Cool beans. smile

A DD before DOS hmm... maybe they were smarter in the old days...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:49 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't see how H/P Doomsday is that overrated..? He tanked the OE not once, but twice, then nearly killed Darkseid with something like 4 blows- and that's back when the OE/Darkseid were something to be feared. He also toyed with an amped (and yes, he was definitely amped) version of Superman, killed the Radiant, and nearly destroyed Waverider.

And as we later saw in Doomsday Wars, H/P Doomsday was also powerful enough to collectively trounce Orion (while tanking the Astro Force in the process), Wally, Kyle, J'onn, Dianna, Plastic Man, Superman (again), etc. etc.

He's one tough cookie.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Naija boy

Granted I see hp doomsday as one of the more overrated characters on the forum but the point stands regardless
frankly, you seem ignorant of HP DD.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 09:02 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

HPDD feats are pretty impressive for a brick.. in fact he is one of the toughest ones out there. I think Naija Boy point, and mine is well, is that his adaptive qualities are often times overrated by people. I can't speak for him, but when I speak of him being overrated that is what I mean. People act like he adapts on the fly to beat anybody and does so all the time with ease.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 09:40 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Do u view zeus as comparable to Odin? Cause I know use got a pretty high opinion of Odin and if as they are roughly equal as it is often portrayed then he should solo quite frankly.

going by on panel feats i think odin far surpasses zeus, though they SHOULD be the same. ds himself has killed many gods though, so like i said, depends on how you view ds.

galan pointed out some of the hp stuff. i really don't think he's overrated at all. he also slaughtered scores of lanterns and killed a guardian.

my opinion would likely change were it odin, and i'm not 100% sure the dd's would win, but i'm def of the mind that they could.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't see how H/P Doomsday is that overrated..? He tanked the OE not once, but twice, then nearly killed Darkseid with something like 4 blows- and that's back when the OE/Darkseid were something to be feared. He also toyed with an amped (and yes, he was definitely amped) version of Superman, killed the Radiant, and nearly destroyed Waverider.

And as we later saw in Doomsday Wars, H/P Doomsday was also powerful enough to collectively trounce Orion (while tanking the Astro Force in the process), Wally, Kyle, J'onn, Dianna, Plastic Man, Superman (again), etc. etc.

He's one tough cookie.

My problem with him is that, the aforementioned feats put him firmly in trans, largely due to durability Yet u see it often in threads with hp/doomsday against even legitimate sky fathers, he adapts and Wins. The adaptation card is so overplayed its not even funny. Especially seeing as anyone who actually read hunter prey knows that his exploits of on the fly adaptation while ok were nothing unbelievable.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:14 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by leonidas
going by on panel feats i think odin far surpasses zeus, though they SHOULD be the same. ds himself has killed many gods though, so like i said, depends on how you view ds.

galan pointed out some of the hp stuff. i really don't think he's overrated at all. he also slaughtered scores of lanterns and killed a guardian.

my opinion would likely change were it odin, and i'm not 100% sure the dd's would win, but i'm def of the mind that they could.

Thats true but largely due to Zeus lack of appearances. Going by portrayal as well as feats they are on par......and even if we were to say that Zeus was weaker, it certainly wouldn't be by such a huge margin according to their respective portrayals and hence I think that to suggest that would clearly contradict comics. I don't think we should have Zeus' lack of appearances count against him to the extent which we will grossly lower his power level from what it is suggested to be on panel. imo anyways.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:21 PM
Naija boy

Originally posted by Starscream M
frankly, you seem ignorant of HP DD.

Right...and you are a paragon of knowledge I suppose? Just stop posting before u exceed ur idiot quota for today and ur nonsense moves from being funny to annoying.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:28 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Thats true but largely due to Zeus lack of appearances. Going by portrayal as well as feats they are on par......and even if we were to say that Zeus was weaker, it certainly wouldn't be by such a huge margin according to their respective portrayals and hence I think that to suggest that would clearly contradict comics. I don't think we should have Zeus' lack of appearances count against him to the extent which we will grossly lower his power level from what it is suggested to be on panel. imo anyways.

that's fair enough. not sure why zeus never gets the luv from appearances. just really hard to debate FOR zeus without the feats.

the adaptation card is played too often, i agree. still, he's a beast. if you don't feel ds is very powerful, or a guardian, you'll likely see the team winning.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:38 PM
Starscream M

Right...and you are a paragon of knowledge I suppose? Just stop posting before u exceed ur idiot quota for today and ur nonsense moves from being funny to annoying.
Im not the one downplaying HP DD. you seem to think someone who toyed with darkseid and motherbox amped superman is 'overrated'.

thanos is a nonfactor. so how do you see zeus beating hp dd?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:38 PM
King Kandy

My problem with him is that, the aforementioned feats put him firmly in trans, largely due to durability Yet u see it often in threads with hp/doomsday against even legitimate sky fathers, he adapts and Wins. The adaptation card is so overplayed its not even funny. Especially seeing as anyone who actually read hunter prey knows that his exploits of on the fly adaptation while ok were nothing unbelievable.

I agree. He did not really adapt to that much. Mostly he just manipulated his protrusions to counter various threats. I think the best feat was adapting an energy field that countered Radiant, but this only happened after he'd already died once against him.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:42 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brownqk

Zues

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:45 PM
brownqk is currently offline Click here to Send brownqk a Private Message Find more posts by brownqk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Im not the one downplaying HP DD. you seem to think someone who toyed with darkseid and motherbox amped superman is 'overrated'.

thanos is a nonfactor. so how do you see zeus beating hp dd?

If by non factor you mean beat any one of the DD's by himself... then you're correct.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:47 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by King Kandy
I agree. He did not really adapt to that much. Mostly he just manipulated his protrusions to counter various threats. I think the best feat was adapting an energy field that countered Radiant, but this only happened after he'd already died once against him.
he didn't need to adapt in the hp saga as nothing was a threat to him. hence superman had to send him to end of time, as opposed to figuring out another means of attack.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:48 PM
King Kandy

he didn't need to adapt in the hp saga as nothing was a threat to him. hence superman had to send him to end of time, as opposed to figuring out another means of attack.

So on what basis do you place his adaption so high? You just have faith that it is there even though you admit it was never demonstrated?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 10:53 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by King Kandy
So on what basis do you place his adaption so high? You just have faith that it is there even though you admit it was never demonstrated?
adaptation isn't the reason I think he wins. I just think his overall speed (faster than superman), strength (enough to KO darkseid like a doll), and durability (shrug off Omega beam) is enough to win this

his on the spur evolution capabilities are simply a bonus to make him even tougher to deal with

his friggin bone spurs cut through superman as if he were made of butter...fer crying out loud

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 11:07 PM