KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Someone had to do it: Dr. Doom vs. Thanos

Someone had to do it: Dr. Doom vs. Thanos
Started by: shokosugi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

Except he isn't.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 03:10 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nimbus006
Are we being dense for comedic effect, or are people really arguing that Doom beats Thanos, in any scenario? Because, I can't quite tell.

Thanos is superior in every aspect, period.

Pretty sure thanos himself has stated that Doom is one of the few people inthe whole universe thanos keeps tabs on...
Tells you what he thinks of doom..

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 06:03 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Shouldn't take more than a minute for Doom to equip himself with his anti-matter gun. Thing nearly obliterated Mephisto but for Mephisto's "my-realm-my-laws" power.

It should take out Thanos. At least for the win anyway. So Doom wins all 3.

Funny enough.. that only worked against a severely weakened Thanos and used by a person who Marvel says in interviews.. that gives of an aura when he gets close to Thanos.. that gives drax the ability to deal death blows. None of those things would be the case in this fight. Thanos and very easily..

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 06:27 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Incapacitate him long enough to constitute a forum win?

See my response to ODG.. The things that allowed Drax to do that to thanos.. aren't applicable in this case.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 06:30 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by rotiart
Pretty sure thanos himself has stated that Doom is one of the few people inthe whole universe thanos keeps tabs on...
Tells you what he thinks of doom..

That's great, but all it says is Thanos considers Doom dangerous, not that he's superior to him, which he's not.

Doom is a bad ass, but not anywhere near the level of Thanos.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:14 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

That's great, but all it says is Thanos considers Doom dangerous, not that he's superior to him, which he's not.

Doom is a bad ass, but not anywhere near the level of Thanos.
Feats suggest otherwise.

Thanos wouldn't consider Doom dangerous if Doom wasn't anywhere near his level, that's retarded.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Mindset
Except he isn't.

Then, I have nothing more to say to you. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:17 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

nimbus, I know you well enough to know when you secretly agree with me.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:19 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Feats suggest otherwise.

Thanos wouldn't consider Doom dangerous if Doom wasn't anywhere near his level, that's retarded.

I'm not just referring to intelligence, but overall power output which is more pertinent to the first two thread scenarios. Thanos is far more powerful, stronger, faster, more durable and is equally, if not more intelligent than Doom.

Now, one day of prep equalizes things more, but I still believe Thanos would beat him.

In regards to feats, taking over the Universe twice isn't enough?

Doom may have more feats because he has more appearances, but Thanos feats are as high end as it gets. I really can't believe we're even arguing this.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:22 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

nimbus, I know you well enough to know when you secretly agree with me.

shifty

No, on this topic, I will not budge.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:23 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Thanos wins all three. Doom isn't powerful enough to physically win and prep would only help if it were one sided, since Thanos is just as good with it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:56 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos wins all three. Doom isn't powerful enough to physically win and prep would only help if it were one sided, since Thanos is just as good with it.

Dr. Doom can do everything Thanos can plus MORE (Magic, time travel, etc.)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 09:09 PM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Doom can in no way shape or form "do more than thanos" Thanos is far more versatile than doom and it's not even close. Thanos knows magic by the way as well, so that isn't some crazy advantage Doom has. Maybe Dooms is better but it certainly wouldn't be a difference maker. BTW thanos can also time travel so again that is no advantage for Doom. Thanos has TP, TK, Total control of his molecular structure, transmutation abilities, stronger, faster, superior tech, able to amp his punches and stats. The fact that you think Doom is more versatile tells me you know nothing about the characters in question.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 09:22 PM
Mindset

I'm not just referring to intelligence, but overall power output which is more pertinent to the first two thread scenarios. Thanos is far more powerful, stronger, faster, more durable and is equally, if not more intelligent than Doom.

Now, one day of prep equalizes things more, but I still believe Thanos would beat him.

In regards to feats, taking over the Universe twice isn't enough?

Doom may have more feats because he has more appearances, but Thanos feats are as high end as it gets. I really can't believe we're even arguing this.
That power wont matter with Doom's antimatter weapon.

Doom has taken over the universe before iirc.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 09:34 PM
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Doom can in no way shape or form "do more than thanos" Thanos is far more versatile than doom and it's not even close. Thanos knows magic by the way as well, so that isn't some crazy advantage Doom has. Maybe Dooms is better but it certainly wouldn't be a difference maker. BTW thanos can also time travel so again that is no advantage for Doom. Thanos has TP, TK, Total control of his molecular structure, transmutation abilities, stronger, faster, superior tech, able to amp his punches and stats. The fact that you think Doom is more versatile tells me you know nothing about the characters in question.

WRONG! Dr. Doom can summon Mephisto and a bunch of other demons to fight Thanos. Thanos can't time travel without a cosmic cube or the Gems. Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 09:57 PM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by shokosugi
WRONG! Dr. Doom can summon Mephisto and a bunch of other demons to fight Thanos. Thanos can't time travel without a cosmic cube or the Gems. Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!!
laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 10:00 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!!

Oh gawd...

Of course doom gets there's... Sees the incredibly ugly baby and decides maybe someone already did it first.. And leaves...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 10:04 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

you like that huh fatty? big grin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 10:09 PM
Mindset

you like that huh fatty? big grin
Almost as much as I like your mom sucking my fatty.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 10:12 PM
Naija boy

Thanos wins all three.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 10:15 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote