KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy (Kon-El) vs Hulk

Superboy (Kon-El) vs Hulk
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
No comment. I don't know how to answer this question Jake. Do we ignore on panel evidence? I'm going to leave that one alone. My main reason for postiing that fight was to prove a point to someone that said I was lying. You can take from the fight what you want.

There comes a time where, yes, on panel evidence becomes something that can be viewed as straight up PIS or contradictory to the vast majority of history involved.

Based on where Kon lies on the totem pole as a whole and where Prime does, I chalk Kon's showing up to Johns' love for the character (which he's admitted numerous time) and the fact he wanted Kon to have an epic death and epic return alike against Prime.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:04 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There comes a time where, yes, on panel evidence becomes something that can be viewed as straight up PIS or contradictory to the vast majority of history involved.

Based on where Kon lies on the totem pole as a whole and where Prime does, I chalk Kon's showing up to Johns' love for the character (which he's admitted numerous time) and the fact he wanted Kon to have an epic death and epic return alike against Prime.

This.

At least Yat being able to give Prime a decent run made sense. But Conner doing the same--when Prime had easily run through damn near every superhero in DCU--makes none.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 05:08 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
Superboy Prime fights were full of PIS in general. Even the Flashes shouldn't have done as well as they did, considering how much faster a PC Kryptonian should be.

Yeah I know Iv got the Silver Age Superman vs Flash race and they're racing through the Galaxy at several times the speed of light.

I still think Kon El has a good shot, based on his history though. Savage Hulk is pretty variable, but plenty of characters in Kon El's range did alright against him. Namor beat him twice,

I personally think Conner would be above Namor due to his Speed. Not to mention his HV and TTK. But Strength wise they're prob in the same sort of league.

His high end feats blow just about anyone away, but they're also heavily plot device/rage dependent (Like, no one's going to argue a normal Hulk is at Onslaught levels of strength..)

Is it possible the Madder Conner gets the Stronger he becomes?! Happy Dance

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 07:44 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Here we have Superboy temporarily stalemating and even DAMAGING Prime. In this fight, he made Prime look like a puss. Prime got one solid lick in and the rest went to Conner.

Thats awsome! Ridiculous but who cares!

As for your other post regarding Superman, it happened during the time Conner was possessed. I use to have the scan but its not save on my computer anymore.

Well Iv not seen you lie yet Carver. You can usually back up what you say, so I believe you buddy.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 07:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Harbinger
Current version, so this is WWH.

WWH? That's different than.

Conner smash. evil face

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 09:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote