KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime runs the Hulk Gauntlet

Superboy Prime runs the Hulk Gauntlet
Started by: Cogito

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Until Hulk throws planets around, tanks anti-matter energy, and simultaneously beats every noteworthy character in his company (with ease), then I'm going to keep assuming that Prime is a LOT stronger and more durable than he's yet to be portrayed.

Additionally, I think an option people are forgetting about is Prime's HV. Even when he was extremely weakened during SC, his HV still pierced through Superman like a hot knife through butter... That said, it wouldn't even slow down vs. Hulk's hide. Just saying.

thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 11:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Eh, wut? Feats are all we have to go by on KMC. And in this case, they serve to demonstrate the VAST difference in displayed feats between Hulk and Prime.

ie. Prime's strength was sufficient to casually throw planets around. His durability was sufficient to tank Anti-Monitor's anti-matter energy AND endure a universe-busting explosion unscathed. His HV (while tremendously weak) cut through Superman himself like he wasn't even there. From those feats I can logically deduce that Prime was portrayed as several leagues beyond WWH/WBH in those areas.

Don't care what Gladiator or Thor have done. Anyone who isn't nigh-retarded would agree that Prime demolishes either of them in a contest of strength/durability. Aside from that, Prime actually uses his hax strength/durability in battles *see every fight he's been involved in*.

Regardless, you're entitled to your own opinion- but in my opinion, WWH did nothing indicative of being able to take any wins over Prime. He [Hulk] barely managed to stalemate a baseline/non-Voided out Sentry, after all (and most agree that version of Sentry < Prime.)

That's kind of lowballing don't you think? Trying to use Sentry as some type of leeway. I could easily bring up Prime fights against Conner or his fight against an inexperience Ion but what would that help?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 11:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Regardless, you're entitled to your own opinion- but in my opinion, WWH did nothing indicative of being able to take any wins over Prime. He [Hulk] barely managed to stalemate a baseline/non-Voided out Sentry, after all (and most agree that version of Sentry < Prime.)

You realize that the Sentry was completely burnt out and Banner Hulked out stronger than ever right after when he got enraged again.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 11:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
That's kind of lowballing don't you think? Trying to use Sentry as some type of leeway. I could easily bring up Prime fights against Conner or his fight against an inexperience Ion but what would that help?
Bring them up all you want. Prime ultimately killed Connor, and nearly killed a Superman-level guy who ALSO had the Ion-power... And in both instances Prime wasn't noticeably weaker afterward (as evident by him proceeding to trounce dozens of heroes immediately after beating those two.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WWH wasn't extremely tough- he most certainly was. But imo, Prime is just on a different level.

Originally posted by zopzop
You realize that the Sentry was completely burnt out and Banner Hulked out stronger than ever right after when he got enraged again.
He still reverted back to Banner immediately after fighting Sentry. That's all I was saying.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 11:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Bring them up all you want. Prime ultimately killed Connor, and nearly killed a Superman-level guy who ALSO had the Ion-power... And in both instances Prime wasn't noticeably weaker afterward (as evident by him proceeding to trounce dozens of heroes immediately after beating those two.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WWH wasn't extremely tough- he most certainly was. But imo, Prime is just on a different level.

He still reverted back to Banner immediately after fighting Sentry. That's all I was saying.

But why bring up a Sentry that we don't even know what levels he was at? Sentry never displayed that type of power any time after his fight against WWH. I don't think that argument is aiding you at all Galan, especially with everything Hulk was fighting through and dealing with during his huddle against Sentry.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

True, but not before downing Sentry, the same guy that supposedly "stalemated" Galactus off panel and annihilated Molecule Man. Sentry was completely out of it, Banner powered up to WBH mode instantly when he got pissed again.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:00 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True, but not before downing Sentry, the same guy that supposedly "stalemated" Galactus off panel
"Off panel" being the key words there. Personally, I have a hard time believing that a guy who could barely stalemate WWH was capable of stalemating anything more than a starving Galactus.

and annihilated Molecule Man.
Sentry never displayed any molecular manipulation abilities before Dark Reign. In fact, he didn't even know he was capable of doing so before Dark Reign- so I don't know what you're trying to say here? Certainly you aren't suggesting that it was something Sentry could have done to WWH at that time..? Certainly you aren't suggesting that WWH could have tanked same molecular dispersion attacks that destroyed Molecule Man and Loki..? confused

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

"Off panel" being the key words there. Personally, I have a hard time believing that a guy who could barely stalemate WWH was capable of stalemating anything more than a starving Galactus.

Sentry never displayed any molecular manipulation abilities before Dark Reign. In fact, he didn't even know he was capable of doing so before Dark Reign- so I don't know what you're trying to say here? Certainly you aren't suggesting that WWH would have resisted the same molecular dispersion attacks that destroyed Molecule Man and Loki..? confused

All I'm saying is : WBH/WWH beat a guy that held his own vs Galactus and destroyed the Molecule Man. Those guys are at least as impressive as anyone SBP fought.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:08 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

All I'm saying is : WBH/WWH beat a guy that held his own vs Galactus and destroyed the Molecule Man. Those guys are at least as impressive as anyone SBP fought.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:10 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zagazum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:11 AM
zagazum is currently offline Click here to Send zagazum a Private Message Find more posts by zagazum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCuserslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:13 AM
KMCuserslayer is currently offline Click here to Send KMCuserslayer a Private Message Find more posts by KMCuserslayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud Because, you know, we saw Sentry stalemate Galactus, right? We know the particulars behind it, right? It's more than just a comment pertaining to an alleged off panel event, right?

And even though Sentry himself said that he did NOT know he was capable of manipulating molecules before Dark Reign/Siege we'll just assume he was somehow on that level during WWH, right?

Perfectly logical!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:13 AM
KMCuserslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:14 AM
KMCuserslayer is currently offline Click here to Send KMCuserslayer a Private Message Find more posts by KMCuserslayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zagazum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:14 AM
zagazum is currently offline Click here to Send zagazum a Private Message Find more posts by zagazum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCuserslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:15 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

laughing out loud Because, you know, we saw Sentry stalemate Galactus, right? We know the particulars behind it, right? It's more than just a comment pertaining to an alleged off panel event, right?

And even though Sentry himself said that he did NOT know he was capable of manipulating molecules before Dark Reign/Siege we'll just assume he was somehow on that level during WWH, right?

Perfectly logical!

SMASH PUNY MAN

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:15 AM
zagazum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:17 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Perfectly logical!

It was stated on panel, that's all the "proof" we need. And Sentry killed MM. WBH/WWH beat Sentry (who wasn't holding back).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:18 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Christ.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:20 AM
KMCuserslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 12:21 AM