KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime runs the Hulk Gauntlet

Superboy Prime runs the Hulk Gauntlet
Started by: Cogito

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Duration and area of heat definitely matters. (Nukes have area covered though obviously)

Lightning bolts don't turn people to ash do they?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 03:41 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you think Prime is smarter than banner ? Really ?

Quan, have you seen Hulk recent feats?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 03:42 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
It doesn't work that way. At all.

Starting from average Earth temperature of 70-80 degrees then having a 10+ Megaton nuke blowup in your face and you are at the epicenter where temps instantly reach tens of millions of degrees C/K after the explosion isn't how it works?

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/SimonFung.shtml
quote:

Bibliographic Entry : Glasstone, Samuel & Philip J. Dolan. "Scientific Aspects of Nuclear Explosion Phenomena."The Effects of Nuclear Weapons. Washington, DC: US Department of Defense & Energy Research & Development Administration, 1977.

Result (w/surrounding text) : "Immediately after the explosion time, the temperature of the weapon material is several tens of million degrees and the pressures are estimated to be many million atmospheres."

Standardized Result : 10^7 K

Ok, Albert.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:11 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
Quan, have you seen Hulk recent feats?
No. Gimme issue numbers and consider it done.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by zopzop
Starting from average Earth temperature of 70-80 degrees then having a 10+ Megaton nuke blowup in your face and you are at the epicenter where temps instantly reach tens of millions of degrees C/K after the explosion isn't how it works?

Ok, Albert.

You can keep quoting wikipedia but since your quotes don't address the argument at hand, they hardly matter.

Intensity matters, nobody is denying that.
Duration also matters, but you're (for some reason) denying that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:34 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cogito
Thats a load of crap. I can put a drop of boiling water on my hand and I won't feel it. If I put my hand in a pot of boiling water though, I'll get burned badly. This tells us that the quantity of heat matters. Furthermore, if I keep my hand in a pot of boiling water longer, I'll be burned even worse. Again, quantity and duration matter. A lot.

I bet you'd feel a drop from boiling water. I know I would.

But Gladiator, who has pretty high end durability, definitely felt the heat from going through a red giant star. Quantity and duration in that case taking its toll.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by cdtm
I bet you'd feel a drop from boiling water. I know I would.

But Gladiator, who has pretty high end durability, definitely felt the heat from going through a red giant star. Quantity and duration in that case taking its toll.

I've done the drop of boiling water before, and trust me you don't really feel it at all.

And Gladiator's heat resistance is not an issue here. Just proves he (who isn't involved in this thread), has similar heat resistance to Superman, who was hurt by SBP's HV

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:51 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Ok, Albert.
Surviving something for 1 hundredth of a thousands of a second doesnt translate to being able to survive it sustainably

Normal humans can survive hundreds of tons of pressure for small amounts of time

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:57 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
No. Gimme issue numbers and consider it done.

It's on the page for you. Enjoy because its beastly. It's the last scans/post on this page.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...40#post13457926

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 04:59 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cogito
I've done the drop of boiling water before, and trust me you don't really feel it at all.

And Gladiator's heat resistance is not an issue here. Just proves he (who isn't involved in this thread), has similar heat resistance to Superman, who was hurt by SBP's HV

Well, heat vision is said to be hotter than a yellow sun, and SBP's is likely even hotter.. A red giant is supposed to be the coolest kind of star. It's only on account of their gigantic size, forcing extended immersion, that Glads felt pain.. (Of course, he could have sped through it with his super speed, but he was diving through one in a show of machismo, basically. He wanted it to test himself for the fun of it, going by the captions..)

So basically, I agree, there's a difference between tanking a nuke and extended immersion in the same forces a nuke initially produces.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 05:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
It's on the page for you. Enjoy because its beastly. It's the last scans/post on this page.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...40#post13457926
Yeah, he looks pretty formidable there.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 05:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Gladiator has flown threw the hearts of stars and crushed planets and still got destroyed by Savage Hulk. WBH >>>>>>>>>>>Savage Hulk.

Going by that logic, Spider-Man could also beat Gladiator, sense he did KO Hulk with a cement truck.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 06:08 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Going by that logic, Spider-Man could also beat Gladiator, sense he did KO Hulk with a cement truck.
The quote at the bottom of your sig is awesome

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 06:12 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

hmm didnt Rulk beat Rune King Thor a elder god?

I dont see prime getting past 2.

Last edited by zeel on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 10:07 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by iceman24567
The quote at the bottom of your sig is awesome

Thanks. I believe it is from an old Calvin & Hobbes shirt I have.

Originally posted by zeel
hmm didnt Rulk beat Rune King Thor a elder god?

I dont see prime getting past 2.

No, he did beat RKT. I think he did get the upper hand and humiliate Thor with a bit of Odin power though.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 03:31 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Rulk beat up on OF Thor, who is < King Thor and <<<< Rune King Thor.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 03:46 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Crap. I meant to put he did NOT beat RKT. Sorry 'bout that.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 03:48 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Under Loeb, I wouldn't have been surprised, though, tbh.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 03:50 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's still a feat for Rulk though.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 04:28 AM