KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doom vs Loki vs Thanos

Doom vs Loki vs Thanos
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I know big G went ballistic and did "Herald My Rage" on some @$$E$, but he should be ashamed of himself for getting punked like that!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 06:45 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos can beat these guys with prep while he has none himself, easily.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:32 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos can beat these guys with prep while he has none himself, easily.

How?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:37 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How?
The guy is always prepared. A prepped Warlock and Strange came up short with an entire team whereas Thanos easily pwned power gem Thor after fighting him for sheer sport.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The guy is always prepared. A prepped Warlock and Strange came up short with an entire team whereas Thanos easily pwned power gem Thor after fighting him for sheer sport.

So, that would mean that Thanos has prep. And Thanos just happened to have a gun on hand to stop PG Thor.

In a neutral setting with Thanos being caught completely unaware and Loki and Doom have a month's worth of prep, how does he win?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So, that would mean that Thanos has prep. And Thanos just happened to have a gun on hand to stop PG Thor.

In a neutral setting with Thanos being caught completely unaware and Loki and Doom have a month's worth of prep, how does he win?
I'm saying he wouldn't need to prepare specifically but that he's always got a trick or so up his sleeve if they had specific prep.

Kills them. He's far too powerful as death's avatar for them to last any bit of time. I've also seen how easy it is for Doom to be broken with specific prep against just Thor with Loki even aiding the guy.

These guys just aren't even close to Thanos' level of power coupled with his superior intelligence/success.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:42 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm saying he wouldn't need to prepare specifically but that he's always got a trick or so up his sleeve if they had specific prep.

Kills them. He's far too powerful as death's avatar for them to last any bit of time. I've also seen how easy it is for Doom to be broken with specific prep against just Thor with Loki even aiding the guy.

These guys just aren't even close to Thanos' level of power coupled with his superior intelligence/success.

Yes, like Doom.

Not sure how'd he just outright kill them if they prep against Thanos. Thanos isn't >>> Dr. Doom and Loki w/prep, and on an even playing field, Doom's own prep feats eclipse Thanos. And Dr. Doom had Thor dead to rights if it wasn't for Balder's timely intervention...who was only sent into the castle thanks to Loki's machinations to begin with.

With one-sided prep, yes, they are.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:44 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, like Doom.

Not sure how'd he just outright kill them if they prep against Thanos. Thanos isn't >>> Dr. Doom and Loki w/prep, and on an even playing field, Doom's own prep feats eclipse Thanos. And Dr. Doom had Thor dead to rights if it wasn't for Balder's timely intervention...who was only sent into the castle thanks to Loki's machinations to begin with.

With one-sided prep, yes, they are.
Doom tends to fail epically though whereas Thanos tends to succeed.

What prep feats eclipse creating clones who have threatened the entire universe, cloning Galactus, negating an entire cancerverse due to his own involvement, seeking out and capturing the infinity gems through sheer cunning and intellect, engineering the capture of Galactus, saving Galactus from an entity capable of absorbing the entire 616 reality, preventing the Magus from ever being who he was in the first place to stop him, etc.

That's the thing with Doom's prep against asgard you have to take into account certain things not going your way like Balder's intervention whereas Thanos still succeeds where Doom fails time and time again.

Nah, but you already knew I wouldn't give you an inch.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:50 PM
ODG

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that isn't even CLOSE to true. Thanos succeded in his goal of taking over the Universe and other Universes in fact.. when he said i have God of UniverseS. He stomped every abstract that was sent his way and even took over Eternity's place in the Universe. So.. no he didn't fail.. He gave up his power on his own accord. So no they aren't the same... Thanos has accomplished MORE than Doom EVER has. Might I add... Thanos also accomplished more with a cube then Doom every did. Replacing Eternity>>> than anything Doom every did with the cube.
TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU. Thanos himself literally stated aloud that he had fallen into TOAA's trap. It was a dupe, plain and simple. Don't make me scan-spank you with scenes from Marvel: The End.

If you're talking about Infinity Gauntlet, he became supreme being of the single 616 universe. Don't even try to reverse-project Multiversal implications onto that. Better posters have tried and failed. Thanos failed to hold onto the IG because of his own subconscious. Doom failed to hold onto Beyonder's power because his being wasn't complete due to temporal tampering. Thanos had an Abstract, Death, amping him and Death assisting him with the Infinity Well and loads of prep time. Doom had gotten spanked by an Abstract, Galactus, and hours at best to obtain Beyonder's power with a window of "mere minutes." Not even a comparison.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Jul 26th, 2011 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:50 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Doom tends to fail epically though whereas Thanos tends to succeed.

no expression

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:53 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU. Thanos himself literally stated aloud that he had fallen into TOAA's trap. It was a dupe, plain and simple. Don't make me scan-spank you with scenes from Marvel: The End.

If you're talking about Infinity Gauntlet, he became supreme being of the single 616 universe. Don't even try to reverse-project Multiversal implications onto that. Better posters have tried and failed. Thanos failed to hold onto the IG because of his own subconscious. Doom failed to hold onto Beyonder's power because his being wasn't complete due to temporal tampering. Thanos had an Abstract, Death, amping him and Death assisting him with the Infinity Well and loads of prep time. Doom had gotten spanked by an Abstract, Galactus, and hours at best to obtain Beyonder's power with a window of "mere minutes." Not even a comparison.
Thanos was manipulated but he did accomplish everything he set out for. If Doom was to succeed he would have been duped as well but he didn't succeed he failed. Big diff.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
no expression
wink

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:30 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Again when and where did I mention the HOTU in my last post.. that you yet again brought up?

lastly, thanos become God of the 616 Universe and actually BEAT abstracts set his way... he usurped eternity. That is >>>> than ANYTHING Doom has ever done. You can claim it wasn't multiversal but on panel narration makes it clear it was. Regardless, whether it was one universe or 10 matters not, Doom NEVER become supreme in any universe EVER. At no point was Death amping Thanos or adding him in his fight. You think him seeing where the gems were located somehow diminishes the feat... lulz...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:06 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Again when and where did I mention the HOTU in my last post.. that you yet again brought up?

lastly, thanos become God of the 616 Universe and actually BEAT abstracts set his way... he usurped eternity. That is >>>> than ANYTHING Doom has ever done. You can claim it wasn't multiversal but on panel narration makes it clear it was. Regardless, whether it was one universe or 10 matters not, Doom NEVER become supreme in any universe EVER. At no point was Death amping Thanos or adding him in his fight. You think him seeing where the gems were located somehow diminishes the feat... lulz...
Doom was supreme when he stole Beyonder's powers.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:08 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Don't make me scan-spank you with the clear universality of Infinity Gauntlet. Doom became supreme being of the universe when he took Beyonder's power. Don't be retarded. And Death amped Thanos when she resurrected him and having the Infinity Well and loads of prep gave Thanos every major advantage Doom didn't have. I'm not diminishing the feat itself. Just pointing out how it pales in comparison to Doom's.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:21 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Don't make me scan-spank you with the clear universality of Infinity Gauntlet. Doom became supreme being of the universe when he took Beyonder's power. Don't be retarded. And Death amped Thanos when she resurrected him and having the Infinity Well and loads of prep gave Thanos every major advantage Doom didn't have. I'm not diminishing the feat itself. Just pointing out how it pales in comparison to Doom's.

Okay then.... Please.. list for me all the people Doom beat to become God of the 616 Universe. We know who Thanos beat as it's on panel.. Who exactly did do beat again that made him Supreme?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:43 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ If you really want to pursue this angle, Doom defeated Beyonder. In singular, direct conflict. While Thanos ended up hoodwinking a bunch of clueless Elders of the Universe in multiple confrontations to eventually become the supreme being in Infinity Gauntlet. You're not helping your case.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:54 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

so nobody then.... okay

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 11:11 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

so nobody then.... okay

Doom defeated Beyonder.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 11:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

^ If you really want to pursue this angle, Doom defeated Beyonder. In singular, direct conflict. While Thanos ended up hoodwinking a bunch of clueless Elders of the Universe in multiple confrontations to eventually become the supreme being in Infinity Gauntlet. You're not helping your case.
To later be defeated and destroyed via willpower by the beyonder. That isn't helping your case. We later find out Beyonder isn't anywhere near as powerful as the ig, Eternity. Whoops.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 11:17 PM