KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)

Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)
Started by: wildernesss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wildernesss
you do realize that any wound she sustains from logan will heal extremely slowly or won't heal at all, ever? her sword (as powerful as it is) will not cut through adamantium & her fellow amazons are not swordsman of logan's level. WW has next to ZERO feats with a sword.

You do realize that any wound sustained to Logan from someone in her strength class with a bladed object will damage him enough to make it so he's practically out of the fight (whether he'll heal again or not). Having a healing factor doesn't mean Logan can straight up no sell attacks, especially not from someone with Class 100 + strength.

Wrong on the next to zero feats claim, as well.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

Originally posted by Q99
We know her general melee skill is high up there, why should she be worse with a sword? We have seen her face legendary figures like Beowulf and Claw the Unconquered (DC's answer to Conan. Has crossed over with Red Sonja) with a sword as well, totally unpowered.

So no, that weakness doesn't exist, which makes the strength thing rather telling. Also, what's with you and pitting Logan against Wonder Woman again and again? They just... aren't a good matchup.

did she defeat Beowulf in that sword fight? was it a stalemate? was it one sided in Beowulf's favor? without specific outcomes & context this is too vague and general to grant any validity to WW being anywhere near logan's level. I'm not even slightly impressed with the Claw the unconquered reference. Next.

and I only have one other thread with logan against WW. get over it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:33 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

did she defeat Beowulf in that sword fight? was it a stalemate? was it one sided in Beowulf's favor? without specific outcomes & context this is too vague and general to grant any validity to WW being anywhere near logan's level.

She was winning until they had to deal with a buncha demonically possessed people. You know how it goes.

quote:
I'm not even slightly impressed with the Claw the unconquered reference.

Doesn't matter that he's a proven skilled foe though that she, likewise, was doing just fine against.

quote:

and I only have one other thread with logan against WW.

Don't forget the other one with Wonder Girl and X-23 in it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:38 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You do realize that any wound sustained to Logan from someone in her strength class with a bladed object will damage him enough to make it so he's practically out of the fight (whether he'll heal again or not). Having a healing factor doesn't mean Logan can straight up no sell attacks, especially not from someone with Class 100 + strength.

Wrong on the next to zero feats claim, as well.

not zero feats...but a handful is pretty close to zero. to wound logan she will have to strike his flesh; that would be dependent upon being a better swordsman, which she is not. even if she strikes a mortal blow, he would continue to heal while any wound she sustained would not. she would eventually fall due to sustained damage. basically, she may win scenario 1. she loses scenario 2.

Last edited by wildernesss on Jul 25th, 2011 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:40 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

what ever happened to WWs super strength ? or am i missing something from current WW ?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:43 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

Originally posted by Q99

She was winning until they had to deal with a buncha demonically possessed people. You know how it goes.

Doesn't matter that he's a proven skilled foe though that she, likewise, was doing just fine against.

Don't forget the other one with Wonder Girl and X-23 in it. [/B]

she was winning but didn't win; and she did "fine" against claw. why don't those two feats impress me when stacked against decades of logan's feats with a sword?

X-23 could beat the original donna troy WG imho btw.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:43 AM
Q99

not zero feats...but a handful is pretty close to zero.

"A handful" against legendary warriors.

As well as generally shown to have the martial arts skills to fight top-tiers with pretty much any weapon and hold her own. Unarmed, staff, spear, whatever.

quote:
to wound logan she will have to strike his flesh; that would be dependent upon being a better swordsman, which she is not. even if she strike a mortal blow, he would continue to heal while any wound she sustained would not. she would eventually fall due to sustain damage. basically, she may win scenario 1. she loses scenario 2.

Nope. With her strength, Logan'll be thrown around by her blows, hard. She doesn't need to outfight him with the strength advantage. A nice hit to his ribcage won't do anything mortal thanks to his skeleton, but he'll sure as heck feel the shock and be knocked down.

Don't forget he holds the way to end the fight quickly- once a class 100 strike knocks the sword from his hand, she can use it too.

quote:

she was winning but didn't win; and she did "fine" against claw. why don't those two feats impress me when stacked against decades of logan's feats with a sword?

Because you're oddly focused on the weird idea that Logan stands a chance against her?

If you hold the advantage against two legendary figures, the fact that you don't have the quantity of feats doesn't change that the feats she does have portray her as someone very much able to match swords against Logan.

Last edited by Q99 on Jul 25th, 2011 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:44 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

WW is the most skilled combatant on DC Earth. She and the Amazonians train forever in all forms of combat, including a multitude of weapons. I see know reason why she would not be on Logan's skill level.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Aside from her regularly sparring with her fellow Amazons, I guess, sure.

Not sure how it's irrelevant when her strength factor is many magnitude's higher than his own and her sword can shave electrons off of an atom.

Shaving electrons off an atom is ridiculous. There's no logical reason why a sword that could do that wouldn't cut right through adamantium, seeing as how it's composed of atoms itself.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:44 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by chomperx9
what ever happened to WWs super strength ? or am i missing something from current WW ?
shit....i actually forgot about that

does anyone know how strong current wonder woman is?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cogito
WW is the most skilled combatant on DC Earth. She and the Amazonians train forever in all forms of combat, including a multitude of weapons. I see know reason why she would not be on Logan's skill level.

Shaving electrons off an atom is ridiculous. There's no logical reason why a sword that could do that wouldn't cut right through adamantium, seeing as how it's composed of atoms itself.
karate kid, Batman, Cassandra, would own WW in H2H without her powers and lasso.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:47 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

Originally posted by psycho gundam

LOLZ

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:47 AM
Q99

Originally posted by psycho gundam

She's about back to 100%.

Also considering this is the Sword of Hephaestus, which only the original wielded, and the current one is only a one-shot, I assumed this is classic.

Last edited by Q99 on Jul 25th, 2011 at 04:51 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:49 AM
Cogito

karate kid, Batman, Cassandra, would own WW in H2H without her powers and lasso.

Karate Kid is from the future, so I don't count that. Batman, IIRC, has acknowledged WW as the best, don't know how to compare Cassandra

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:49 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Combatant =/= H2H fighter.

In terms of the various art of war, tactics, multiple weapon disciplines, and her style of hand to hand fighting and using her powers/gear effectively, it stands to reason labeling her the world's best combatant on DC Earth is pretty accurate.

As far as Current Diana goes, I'd say she's lower end class 100 instead of middle tier like Classic.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:51 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

In a completely depowered setting, I'd take Cassandra Cain over Diana.

Doesn't really change the fact that WW is one of the most skilled fighters in DCU, though. Not Bronze Tiger/Karate Kid level, but still among the best, IMO.

EDIT: Since Cogito and Jake made more nuanced arguments, completely disregard this post.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:52 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I not saying WW does not win, but people are very much sadly mistaken if they think WW is a match for Wolverine in swordmenship skill. He is with out a doubt the superior swordsmen.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:53 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cogito
Karate Kid is from the future, so I don't count that. Batman, IIRC, has acknowledged WW as the best, don't know how to compare Cassandra
kyle reese is from the future to, so i guess that makes it spite towards diana as well if they fought roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:53 AM
wildernesss

Originally posted by Q99
"A handful" against legendary warriors.

As well as generally shown to have the martial arts skills to fight top-tiers with pretty much any weapon and hold her own. Unarmed, staff, spear, whatever.

Nope. With her strength, Logan'll be thrown around by her blows, hard. She doesn't need to outfight him with the strength advantage. A nice hit to his ribcage won't do anything mortal thanks to his skeleton, but he'll sure as heck feel the shock and be knocked down.

Don't forget he holds the way to end the fight quickly- once a class 100 strike knocks the sword from his hand, she can use it too.

Because you're oddly focused on the weird idea that Logan stands a chance against her?

If you hold the advantage against two legendary figures, the fact that you don't have the quantity of feats doesn't change that the feats she does have portray her as someone very much able to match swords against Logan.

Logan has quantity AND quality feats. doing "fine" against Claw doesn't impress me. did you see what logan was able to do with a sword while in hell?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:54 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I not saying WW does not win, but people are very much sadly mistaken if they think WW is a match for Wolverine in swordmenship skill. He is with out a doubt the superior swordsmen.

Considering he focused on sword for many, many years while she's an all-arounder, I'll buy that he's better, but we aren't talking a big gap either.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:55 AM
Mindset

I've seen better displays of swordplay from Wolverine.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:56 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote