KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)

Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)
Started by: wildernesss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I know he loses to her.
/thread

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 05:47 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by wildernesss
Claw is legendary? who knew?

Called "The Unconquered," through his proven power in combat, strongest on his world, yadda yadda. Kinda a badass.

quote:
she has one example of NOT winning against a legendary warrior (singular). she doesn't have the feats to suggest she's anywhere near logan with a sword.

She has feats showing as a melee warrior in general she's on a skill level somewhere around Black Canary and Batman.

Then, when rendered powerless, given a sword and matched up against great fighters, she held the edge.

She doesn't have any feats suggesting she's not on high level, while possessing several that do.

quote:

I don't care if you sense goalpost shifting; i was remiss in not specifically stating it, but when I said "no grabbing, etc" I meant they must use their own swords.

I sense that you are only adding that retroactively.

But hey, here's another one: Diana manages to knock Logan back hard enough that he drops the sword. She then hits his blade into orbit with hers. By the rules of the fight, Logan is now no longer allowed to attack her at all.

quote:

power equals strength x speed. WW has no super speed here & thus her striking power with a sword would be dimished enough for logan to parry and/or evade her heavy cumbersome attacks. logan wins smile

Nope, she's still class 100, which in comic in no way requires incredible speed as you well know, and she's shown herself to not be in the slightest bit clumsy with a blade whether you like it or not.

To point out the obvious, that she is immensely talented in combat is a significant part of her character.

So, are we done talking about a Diana you made up only in your head...?

Last edited by Q99 on Jul 25th, 2011 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 06:03 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

ok, so claw is a badass who (as described by you) WW only performed "fine" against; am I missing something? this is a remarkable feat?

ok....so she's a great melee warrior who batman has held is own against occassionally. so what? your follow up about "great fighters" is limp beyond words. who are these "great fighters"? Claw maybe?

I sense that you haven't read enough wolverine....however, so long as were making up scenarios. here's mine. with WW's super speed turned off, logan destroys WW within 10 seconds with an attack that has decades of feats & backstory to back it up.

power equals strength x speed. "incredible" speed isn't her super speed which is turned off here; her power would be dimished. logan has defeated abomination & taken mutiple punches from WW hulk (and recovered almost instantly) while ares was KO with one hit.

no one is making anything up. WW has been without super speed on occassions; she doesn't have many sword feats to speak of. that's Fail.

Last edited by wildernesss on Jul 25th, 2011 at 06:32 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 06:22 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
wildernesss
ok, so claw is a badass who (as described by you) WW only performed "fine" against; am I missing something? this is a remarkable

Fine as in winning... and it shows she's high level against a very skilled foe.

I mean, it's like, "Oh, sure, so-and-so was performing well against Connor Hawke in archery. What makes you think they're a good shot?". Your comments are non-sequitors.

quote:
ok....so she's a great melee warrior who batman has held is own against occassionally. so what?

So... Batman is a top-tier combatant. We're talking about how Wonder Woman does against top-tier combatants.

Are you somehow missing how this answers your questions about her skill?

quote:
your follow up about "great fighters" is limp beyond words. who are these "great fighters"? Claw maybe?

Claw (who's on a similar level to Red Sonja who's on a similar level to Conan the Barbarian), and Beowulf, Batman, Black Canary...

Listen, using sarcasm quotes doesn't actually make these not skill feats. Your argument is based entirely on use of quotes as if it somehow diffused a point.

quote:

power equals strength x speed. "incredible" speed isn't her super speed which is turned off here; her power would be dimished.

She and Superman and Sentry and so many others don't need speed to crush a tank between two fingers.

A flick of her wrist has more power than Logan's whole arm.

quote:
logan has defeated abomination & taken mutiple punches from WW hulk (and recovered almost instantly) while ares was KO with one hit.

That doesn't change that strength does matter against him and it's a lot different having his skeleton take a blow, and trying to hold on to a sword while being sent flying/while the impact is transferred through his hands.

Wonder Woman is a heck of a lot more agile and skilled than those foes are.

quote:

no one is making anything up. WW has been without super speed on occassions; she doesn't have many sword feats to speak of. that's Fail.

She just has enough to shoot down your entire point smile

You're making up that she's poor with a sword based on wishful thoughts and ignoring that all evidence points to her being quite good with a sword (through the power of sarcasm quotes!).

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 06:51 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wildernesss

so, you've gone from saying she performed "fine" against Claw, to "fine as in winning". did she WIN? do you have proof? Is this an attempt to somehow suggest these feats even come close to decades of feats & backstory which place logan among one of the best swordsman in the marvel universe? even if these two WW feats suggest she's formidable with a sword...logan is beyond formidable.

as for non-sequitors, check out your own logic regarding batman. if batman is able to hold his own against WW, how the hell does WW have a better chance with logan who has 10x the durability of batman, the same level (if not MORE strength), and arguably greater proficiency with a sword. sorry, WW brawling it out with batman does NOT support your arguement at all. Fail.

you referenced "great fighters" in an attempt to vaguely suggest more characters (and feats) exsisted outside of the same two. beowulf/claw. whom she didn't even win against.

if strength were truly the deciding variable against logan, then logan wouldn't have defeated abomination or recovered from a vicious WW hulk beating in moments. WW hulk's strength > WW's. logan is better with a sword and potentially quicker in this fight; he can easily parry WW's attack & or dodge them through stealth, agility, and by crouching.

and you're making up that I'm making up that she's poor with a sword; she's not poor with a sword...she's just not even close to logan's level. dueling with beowulf & claw (and not clearly defeating them) points to formidability; however, if you're trying to suggest that after 70+ years of WW, that these two feats are even near the same league as logan's decade after decade of feats that rank him among one of the best swordsman in the marvel universe....then your accusation of wishful thinking is called projection.

Last edited by wildernesss on Jul 25th, 2011 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:09 AM
wildernesss is currently offline Click here to Send wildernesss a Private Message Find more posts by wildernesss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

WW.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

White Rabbit and Nightmaster rock up to show these bitches how real swordsmen play.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:59 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Q99
A flick of her wrist has more power than Logan's whole arm.

This reminded me of that scene from (I think) Wonder Woman Vol 2 where Circe absorbed Diana's powers and said something to the effect of "I had no idea it felt this good to be able to level mountains with but a shrug of my shoulder."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:50 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Re: Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)

Originally posted by wildernesss
Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)

WW's super speed turned off; no bracelets, etc. WW has the sword forged by Hephaestus. logan has the Muramasa Blade. no grappling, punching, grabbing, etc, allowed. ONLY sword fighting. fight is in a huge open field.

who wins?

1. upon a KO/Incapacitation

2. when one of them is destroyed
her superstrengh is still allowed? shed blow him out of the planet

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:50 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote