KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus

Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I did mention this as a viable tactic against AO. I just don't think Magus will ever let himself be beaten by these two as he can even go so far as to fake his own death against someone with a cc so I can't see these two coming close to that level of power and formidability.

Well, it was a broken CC used by Peter Quill, we don't even know if he gained any awareness with it -which he needed to see beyond the ilusions-. If Peter suspected all of it to be a lie, he could've probably dissipate the ilusion easily with the cube. This guys in the other hand, have some of the most advanced detecting devices in the universe, it would be hard for Magus to slip from them to begin with.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 04:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
Well, it was a broken CC used by Peter Quill, we don't even know if he gained any awareness with it -which he needed to see beyond the ilusions-. If Peter suspected all of it to be a lie, he could've probably dissipate the ilusion easily with the cube. This guys in the other hand, have some of the most advanced detecting devices in the universe, it would be hard for Magus to slip from them to begin with.
Magus did all this in the limited amount of time before he showed up. Quill isn't a genius but to make him believe he came to the hardest decision in his life and to pull it off so effortlessly and with little warning this makes me thing these two ring wielders don't have a chance.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Magus did all this in the limited amount of time before he showed up. Quill isn't a genius but to make him believe he came to the hardest decision in his life and to pull it off so effortlessly and with little warning this makes me thing these two ring wielders don't have a chance.

Magus knew Quill and the Guardians well enough to pull this off, also, he had a window of time, slight as it may be, that let him pull the strings before anything happens -if I recall correctly he felt them teleporting, he pretty much acted before the Guardians were there-. Against the opponents in this thread he won't have such commodity. Illusions are way less effective when your opponent is out to find you and detects the moment in which you cast them.

I truly understand if you feel Magus is powerful enough to fight the duo, but nothing proves so, and Warlock is going down quickly against these two. Even if Magus was evenly matched with them, he's not soloing two high heralds without feats to back it up.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 09:28 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Magus knew Quill and the Guardians well enough to pull this off, also, he had a window of time, slight as it may be, that let him pull the strings before anything happens -if I recall correctly he felt them teleporting, he pretty much acted before the Guardians were there-. Against the opponents in this thread he won't have such commodity. Illusions are way less effective when your opponent is out to find you and detects the moment in which you cast them.

I truly understand if you feel Magus is powerful enough to fight the duo, but nothing proves so, and Warlock is going down quickly against these two. Even if Magus was evenly matched with them, he's not soloing two high heralds without feats to back it up.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 09:38 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Even if so how do they attack him in astral form ?

I honestly don't see Warlock going down that quickly either and see Magus soloing if he has to.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 09:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Last versions of team 2: Team 1 maul them a new *******.
Classic version of team 2: Afro Magus solo.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 06:58 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Even if so how do they attack him in astral form ?

I honestly don't see Warlock going down that quickly either and see Magus soloing if he has to.

Well, that's our main disagreement, I just don't see Magus soloing. Nothing backs up that case nor any proven power up puts him at high herald, let alone solid trans.

Hal may have affected astral forms before, but I'd need to check that with someone who's more in tune with his older feats. Nonetheless, I frankly don't see Magus going astral while Sinestro and Hal break his body.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 07:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Well, that's our main disagreement, I just don't see Magus soloing. Nothing backs up that case nor any proven power up puts him at high herald, let alone solid trans.

Hal may have affected astral forms before, but I'd need to check that with someone who's more in tune with his older feats. Nonetheless, I frankly don't see Magus going astral while Sinestro and Hal break his body.
Power levels don't prove anything it's all about combat effectiveness or overall formidability. I would have hoped you wouldn't be stuck thinking power levels prove really anything or set the standard for the writers as they tell their stories.

They won't break his body since he fought against very skilled opponents and no one came close to really even hurting him. When the death blade touched him and he knew it could kill him he took it away.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 09:21 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Power levels don't prove anything it's all about combat effectiveness or overall formidability. I would have hoped you wouldn't be stuck thinking power levels prove really anything or set the standard for the writers as they tell their stories.

They won't break his body since he fought against very skilled opponents and no one came close to really even hurting him. When the death blade touched him and he knew it could kill him he took it away.

When he got hit with the sword it was an illusion, also we don't know anything about the sword, it has no feats and everything about it it's assumption.

I don't understand why you claim Magus is more effective in combat or more formidable, you haven't advanced anything in those regards, as you cannot refute that GLs have more proven power.

This is you providing opinion without giving proof.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 10:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

When he got hit with the sword it was an illusion, also we don't know anything about the sword, it has no feats and everything about it it's assumption.

I don't understand why you claim Magus is more effective in combat or more formidable, you haven't advanced anything in those regards, as you cannot refute that GLs have more proven power.

This is you providing opinion without giving proof.
From what I recall correctly it grazed him and feats aren't what's important the intent is clearly it's a death blade that would have killed him.

The gl's can't hit him enough to beat him. He's too quick thinking for them and can take the rings off of them or go astral.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 03:15 AM
iceman24567

Hal solos

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 03:54 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

From what I recall correctly it grazed him and feats aren't what's important the intent is clearly it's a death blade that would have killed him.

The gl's can't hit him enough to beat him. He's too quick thinking for them and can take the rings off of them or go astral.

Unimpressive sword is unimpressive. If you want to convince yourself of random stuff, do it as much as you want, but don't bring it over a debate, opinion doesn't really matter here.

GL's are shielded and Hal can hit astral. Magus is phucked.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 05:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Unimpressive sword is unimpressive. If you want to convince yourself of random stuff, do it as much as you want, but don't bring it over a debate, opinion doesn't really matter here.

GL's are shielded and Hal can hit astral. Magus is phucked.
The story made it clear it can kill him. Are you disputing this ? The point is he made sure the sword didn't touch him again due to combat effectiveness.

Gl's also power down all the time and aren't always shielded. So what if he hits astral he isn't beating Magus there anyways as he can trick him anywho if he wants to.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 05:08 AM
Bentley
Seitei

So the sword can kill, good, we know it's not a prop. It still did nothing and it's a melee weapon against a herald level powerset. I may as well get a magical club when fighting Superman.

So you're counting in Magus doing tricks he's never done and opposing the lantern's proved abilities. Yeah, that's still opinion. If he was fighting just one top lantern I could understand you feel Magus is powerful, he has some nice implied power. But here, against two formidable high heralds with arguments like "they may not shield themselves", well... It feels like lowballing.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 05:16 AM
quanchi112
Disney

So the sword can kill, good, we know it's not a prop. It still did nothing and it's a melee weapon against a herald level powerset. I may as well get a magical club when fighting Superman.

So you're counting in Magus doing tricks he's never done and opposing the lantern's proved abilities. Yeah, that's still opinion. If he was fighting just one top lantern I could understand you feel Magus is powerful, he has some nice implied power. But here, against two formidable high heralds with arguments like "they may not shield themselves", well... It feels like lowballing.
It wasn't wielded by a dummy Magus just took away the weapon that could kill him because he's smart.

Faking his own death is a trick he's done. Magus can catch them off guard like he did with the oblivion forged blade.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:14 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Or, the lanterns could react to the energy he uses for his magic, use his autoshields, block him with shields etc.

The swords was used by someone who was leagues under Magus, this time he's fighting people with superior status.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:38 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Or, the lanterns could react to the energy he uses for his magic, use his autoshields, block him with shields etc.

The swords was used by someone who was leagues under Magus, this time he's fighting people with superior status.
They can do so but it won't help them beat him. Do you have any showings where either lantern beats a magic user by reacting to the energy by a magic user.

The sword wasn't used by someone not skilled with a sword is the point. It was a competent swordswoman but just not up to the task against the Magus.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:42 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Of course there are scans of Lanterns reacting to magic. If I post them you'll accept Magus loses?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:49 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Of course there are scans of Lanterns reacting to magic. If I post them you'll accept Magus loses?
Not just reacting but neutralizing the magic user by neutralizing the energy.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:51 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I know what you mean.

Would you conceed?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:54 AM