KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dishonored

Dishonored
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol thats a good way to look at it! I personally just wanted to kill, kill, and kill lol Yea you can do that. I may do that to get some achievements I missed out on.

EDIT: Im not gonna spoil the ending so I will not say much but after someone beats it I want to know their take on this. There is an achievement for killing no one at all except for the key targets but there is also one for not killing anyone at all. I don't know how this is possible?......

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Oct 11th, 2012 at 03:52 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 03:48 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Hey, the game's designed to be open in terms of how you want to play.

As for not killing anyone at all, even your key targets, I believe it is possible. You just have to search around for optional quests and/or listen to NPC convos in order to find out how to non-lethally take out your targets. Take High Overseer Campbell for instance. You can hear two guards talk about the Heretic Brand which is what you use to take out Campbell. Then just go to the Archives and look for the book on the Heretic Brand. It should be on the main table on the lower level. After that you'll learn how to take out Campbell without killing him.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 04:18 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Game is looking good gonna get it soon.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:53 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

well mostly I am excited play through and find the unique ways to play. Ways such as you mentioned. Though the end will be hard to figure out. If you don't mind spoilers then here ya go.......but if you do come back and read this after your done.

You see it ends with[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the main guy on top of a light house. He threatens to jump off. You can blink over and save Emily or if you do nothing he still jumps off. So he dies. Unless they don't count that as you killing him

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:55 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Just out of curiousity, is it the low chaos or high chaos ending you've put into spoilers?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 03:13 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

No. It is specifically related to the finale boss. My first playthough I got High Chaos. Probably because I killed everything....even civilians lol

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 04:08 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Ok I got it. As in I answered my own question. Anyone meed help with the same thing let me know.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 06:52 PM
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
No. It is specifically related to the finale boss. My first playthough I got High Chaos. Probably because I killed everything....even civilians lol

I read some reviews stating that the final boss would be harder if you had a high level of chaos.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 06:54 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 07:13 PM
Demonic Phoenix

?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 07:38 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Lol I posted from my phone.....my earlier post poted again and idk why lol., im working on the not killing achievement. I should get low chaos from that. Ill let you know if high is harder.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2012 08:48 PM
ares834

Just beat the game and it was fantastic! So far it's my GotY and one of my favorite games this gen.

I youtube'd all the endings and have to say my favorite is the darkest ending where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Emily dies.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 08:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I beat it once with almost no rune searching only enough to get level one on all powers....except blink which was level two. My second was for the clean hands achievement and the no alerting achievements. However, I did manage to alert someone sad..Idk where my alert was but I can just re-play it lol Anyways my point is my total time played is 44hours for 2 plays. I wont spoil anything but there is also different boss fights at the end depending on low or high chaos.

I. love. this. game.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 09:40 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

actually the previous mentioned time is most likely wrong. I just noticed that my time tracker hasn't updated yet. So its probably longer. I will post it after it updates.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 10:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I beat it once with almost no rune searching only enough to get level one on all powers....except blink which was level two. My second was for the clean hands achievement and the no alerting achievements. However, I did manage to alert someone sad..Idk where my alert was but I can just re-play it lol Anyways my point is my total time played is 44hours for 2 plays. I wont spoil anything but there is also different boss fights at the end depending on low or high chaos.

I. love. this. game.

I thought there weren't any boss fights in this game? Dammit.

Also, Blink is easily the most useful ability in the game. Keeping it at level 2 I can understand.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 10:30 PM
ares834

Hmm... There really aren't any bosses on the game, IMO.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 11:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

yea its not boss fight technically. I guess I should have said the final target lol

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 12:19 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Ok there is a lot of buzz that while going for clean hands, shadow, and ghost you can not go to mission select to replay your mistake...but you can. You have to play from the mission you select to the end. After the end the achievements will unlock. Thats how I did it.

The end means the end of the game

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 06:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like this game. I think it's done very well and like how interesting the setting is. It's clearly one of the better games out there this year.

But something about it is not jiving with me. Maybe because the game doesn't flow well enough for me, or something. It's hard to explain but I just get this feeling that I'm not totally into it. It might be the loading screens and the tally after each mission. I don't know.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 03:11 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

(please log in to view the image)

I legit lol'd.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 05:08 AM