KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Duke vs. Link

Duke vs. Link
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Duke really is that close then Nemesis has set Duke up to lose....sad

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 12:58 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Not unless Duke has a close range weapon like a shotgun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 02:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont see Duke winning if he starts off within range of a strike which Link can do quite quickly. If anything, this thread is based purely on luck, "maybe" as Link strikes Duke his finger, as often happens will pull the trigger and blow Links head away....before i would argue Dukes range gave him some advantage in this thread but since its confirmed not, his fate is in the hand of Zeus!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 10:38 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought

Average archer does it all in 3.5s from 0.2s RT, 1s draw, 2s notch and 0.3s aim/fire demonstrated in that vid. Peak can do it in 1.3s from 0.1s peak reactions, a few people say a pro can draw and notch in 1s, and aim/fire slightly faster then avrg at 0.2. Missed the point, when did I ever say a human can do it in 0.1s? Even better, dude can shoot 3 arrows in 1.5s with arrows in hand, thats 0.5s to react, notch and aim/fire. I assume it's 0.1, 0.2 and 0.2 respectively. Add another 0.2 for drawing and this guy can do the action in 0.7s. Probability and Logic Q: If a guy with peak human speed can fire an arrow in 0.7 seconds and another peak can fire a gun in 0.4 seconds, will a guy with superhuman speed with an arrow be faster? Note; this superhuman speed would only have to be 1.75x peak to equal his gun speed. Even without calcs the answers clear. For future references; stop missing my points. Never once claimed the PBoots increase his arm speed. Link is above peak human. I don't even need to claim 10x as even 2x is enough to make him fire faster then Duke. So very wrong: Duke has to react, move his arm to aim then pull the trigger. All three at peak are 0.1, 0.2 and 0.1 = 0.4s. FYI this is the holster shooting I linked to.. and it was 0.2s. <-cuts out the 0.2s arm movement. Avrg arrow = 3.5s. Peak arrow = 0.7s. Peak gun = 0.4. Superhuman arrow = easily faster than 0.4.

Not circular logic, just posing the same query you did. He's a copy of Link, has the same skills, techniques and battle style and shows no reason to suggest he thinks different to Link. If there is solid evidence I can't seem to find it, so show me if you will. Yay for using gameplay mechanics...

So time stops when he used it too as 'they wouldn't do it otherwise'? Good to know. Even after setting up Farore's Wind Link can use it instantly as they're not going to show the flashy moves over and over again... The only part in question is forming the orb and implanting it into himself. The other movements dont form, charge or do anything besides being flashy movements for special moves.

Explain how "It can block any and all attacks besides Ganon's strength" is a mechanic. Obvious indication is obvious. Over 0.2 is great reactions if youre a bit tired.. Peak RT is 0.1, average is 0.2, slower is 0.3. Prove that 0.2+ is average/good RT then suggest a reason why youre not even using peak RT.. 0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2. "Reaction time is the elapsed time between the presentation of a sensory stimulus and the subsequent behavioral response" aka RT = time from event to react. Go find proof for everything you just said if youre so sure otherwise.

OBD summed it up nicely in which I agree; if you can dodge a 100m/s melee attack you can dodge a bullet at 3.4m. A 1cm thick vest-plate can block bullets, his thick shield will hold up fine as well. Slow in your eyes, and once up Duke is out of options for harming him.

How dare you.. my fan fictions only contain the female LoZ cast no expression .....*ahem* Don't see how it will take Link a second or longer to do these actions when A) NL's form and insert is fast without arm waving, and B) how a human could do the other things in a second, let alone Link.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 02:15 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote