KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive 5
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It's a discussion thread, a thread where we discuss the game.

That's enough reason to discuss what the trailer showed us.

And what was the point of this post again?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 05:12 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
And what was the point of this post again?
What was the point of this post? Stop trolling.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 05:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't think anyone was complaining about the trailer, but what can we do about that.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 05:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What was the point of this post? Stop trolling.

no expression

...That really made no sense.

Get out if you're trying to start a fight.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 05:32 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Zack Fair
No we can't discuss anything. We just sit here and drool at the boobs.

BTW Any guess on who is the chick in the promo?

Sounds good. I will begin the search for boob photos.

It looks like either Kasumi, Hitomi, or Kokoro.
It is a reason. It's the early stages of development so it should be quite understandable why they didn't show much changes yet. Criticizing it already is pointless. Like I said, it's possible Soul Calibur V had more development during it's early showing compared to Dead or Alive 5.

There is no reason. The footage clearly said "pre-alpha", meaning there's gonna be a lot of changes later so there's no reason to already be complaining about it now.

No, it's not. If they are building the game from the start to play like the previous, there is reason to wonder if there will be any changes later on.

"Pre-alpha" doesn't mean there will be changes from the previous game. For all we know, it could have the exact same gameplay as DOA4. Conversely, it could be a practically brand new game by then; however, I am still concerned by what I've seen so far. I'm not sure why that is causing so much trouble.

Not trying to sound hostile, but it's a DOA5 discussion thread dude. That is all the reason needed to discuss DOA5.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 17th, 2011 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 07:00 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by StyleTime
No, it's not. If they are building the game from the start to play like the previous, there is reason to wonder if there will be any changes later on.

That's the thing; later on. That's why I said it's too early to be expecting changes at this point.

"Pre-alpha" doesn't mean there will be changes from the previous game. For all we know, it could have the exact same gameplay as DOA4. Conversely, it could be a practically brand new game by then; however, I am still concerned by what I've seen so far. I'm not sure why that is causing so much trouble.

I didn't say "changes from the previous game". I meant changes from what you see now in the DOA5 trailer. Many games start out like this. And it's not causing so much trouble. It's just that this really shouldn't come off as a surprise.

Not trying to sound hostile, but it's a DOA5 discussion thread dude. That is all the reason needed to discuss DOA5.

I really don't see how this is relevent to anything I've said, since we are, of course, discussing it anyway.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 07:15 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't understand the problem. Just let us discuss the game.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 07:52 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Did you even read my post? We ARE discussing the game.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:08 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

No we ain't.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:28 PM
StyleTime

That's the thing; later on. That's why I said it's too early to be expecting changes at this point.

I didn't say "changes from the previous game". I meant changes from what you see now in the DOA5 trailer. Many games start out like this. And it's not causing so much trouble. It's just that this really shouldn't come off as a surprise.

I really don't see how this is relevent to anything I've said, since we are, of course, discussing it anyway.

Again, being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present. Again again, I didn't say I expected anything. Again again again, I said the trailer didn't show us much.

It's hard to believe you didn't know what we were comparing the DOA5 trailer to. Discussing a change requires a comparison/contrast of at least two different things. The DOA5 trailer can't be compared to another DOA5 trailer because......there is no other DOA5 trailer. DOA5 looks remarkably similar to DOA4 from that trailer. I've been saying that for a while now. If this is the only misunderstanding between us, can you now see my meaning?

It's relevant because you suggested what I brought up for discussion should not be up for discussion.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 17th, 2011 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:42 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Anyways..what changes would you like Stylez?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:44 PM
Bro SMASH

No we ain't.

Yes it is. If you say it's not, then what do you call it then?

Again, being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present. Again again, I didn't say I expected anything. Again again again, I said the trailer didn't show us much.

Wait, first you say being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present, then you say you didn't expect anything? confused

It's hard to believe you didn't know what we were comparing the DOA5 trailer to. Discussing a change requires a comparison/contrast of at least two different things. The DOA5 trailer can't be compared to another DOA5 trailer because......there is no other DOA5 trailer. DOA5 looks remarkably similar to DOA4 from that trailer. I've been saying that for a while now. If this is the only misunderstanding between us, can you now see my meaning?

You said you didn't expect any changes at this point so why not make a comparison later just in case there are? At this point, you've barely seen anything from the game and you're already comparing it? That's like comparing the two characters (Hayabusa and Hayate) in this game to the entire roster of DOA4, even though we know there's gonna be more characters revealed later.

It's relevant because you suggested what I brought up for discussion should not be up for discussion.

I wasn't talking specifically to you. I was talking about many people already making up their minds about the game when all we got is the first and (so far) only footage of it. You said you felt it was lacking but the thing is, that's for every game with early footage of it. Was it really that surprising that it didn't show much?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 09:58 PM
StyleTime

Anyways..what changes would you like Stylez?

The usual stuff.

1. Less active frames for defensive holds. Players shouldn't be able to do a hold and counter incoming attacks for the next year. Namco did a good job with Guard Impacts. Defensive holds should last around that long or slightly longer.

2. Frame advantage on block(not just guard crushes). I know some characters, like Hitomi, had it, but it wasn't a significant part of the game. If Lili lands her little qcf+3+4 butterfly kick thing in Tekken, she's at +6(might be +7). Your opponent has to keep in mind their reduced options and Lili's increased options after that. It adds an exciting element to the fight. I'd like see that in DOA.

3. A better sidestep system. You should have more opportunities to force whiffs on careless opponents.

4. Projectiles. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a game like DOA.

5. Priority. I'm iffy on this one. I could see it adding some benefit to the game, but I hated it sometimes in DOA Ultimate. You remember those days, right? I hated that Ein's kick could stuff practically everything. I won't be sad if priority does not come
back.

There's other stuff, but that's some off the top of my head things.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 17th, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 10:07 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I wasn't talking specifically to you. I was talking about many people already making up their minds about the game when all we got is the first and (so far) only footage of it. You said you felt it was lacking but the thing is, that's for every game with early footage of it. Was it really that surprising that it didn't show much?

Who was making up his/her mind about the game?

TBH it looks like you are just trolling us.

The usual stuff.

1. Less active frames for defensive holds. Players shouldn't be able to do a hold and counter incoming attacks for the next year. Namco did a good job with Guard Impacts. Defensive holds should last around that long or slightly longer.

2. Frame advantage on block(not just guard crushes). I know some characters, like Hitomi, had it, but it wasn't a significant part of the game. If Lili lands her little qcf+3+4 butterfly kick thing in Tekken, she's at +6(might be +7). Your opponent has to keep in mind their reduced options and Lili's increased options after that. It adds an exciting element to the fight. I'd like see that in DOA.

3. A better sidestep system. You should have more opportunities to force whiffs on careless opponents.

4. Projectiles. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a game like DOA.

5. Priority. I'm iffy on this one. I could see it adding some benefit to the game, but I hated it sometimes in DOA Ultimate. You remember those days, right? I hated that Ein's kick could stuff practically everything. I won't be sad if priority does not come
back.

There's other stuff, but that's some off the top of my head things.

thumb up Nice stuff. You have given this a lot of thought. Tell you what I wouldn't mind if they revamped the entire gameplay. Projectiles would be a nice addition.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 17th, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 10:46 PM
Bro SMASH

Who was making up his/her mind about the game?

Like you, for example. You already said you think it's gonna bomb without Itagaki or that it will be the same.

TBH it looks like you are just trolling us.

Yeah, something as harmless as:

It's the first gameplay trailer of the game. It's too early to be expecting some changes at this point.

is considered "trolling". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even know what "trolling" means? Because it doesn't seem like you do when you're just throwing it around randomly like that.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:14 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Like you, for example. You already said you think it's gonna bomb without Itagaki or that it will be the same.

Yeah, something as harmless as:

is considered "trolling". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even know what "trolling" means? Because it doesn't seem like you do when you're just throwing it around randomly like that.

I didn't make up my mind because of the trailer. That is just what I've always thought about Ninja Gaiden/DOA without Itagaki.

Trolling it is.

Now moving along...do you have anything else to say about DOA5 or will we just keep doing this until a 2nd trailer comes out?

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:18 PM
Bro SMASH

I didn't make up my mind because of the trailer though. I think the franchise will go to hell without Itagaki, or it will just remain the same. I never mentioned anything about the trailer so like...yeah.

Trolling it is.

Now moving along...do you have anything else to say about DOA5 or will we just keep doing this until a 2nd trailer comes out?

Yet the next reply to you was about the trailer and it was all about the same thing; changes (which you mentioned in your post). Hence why I mentioned them both in my post.

And if THAT was your reason for throwing the "troll" card, then I guess you really don't know what it means.

That's kind of what I'm saying; there's hardly anything to discuss. If you wanna speculate about changes, I don't mind but let's not be so quick to complain about what is shown.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:21 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

U Mad? We shouldn't discuss because you feel there is hardly anything to discuss? That is why it felt like you were trolling, because I wasn't complaining at all and yet you keep saying we are complaining.

Anyway what do you think about the changes Styles would like to see?

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:23 PM
Bro SMASH

U Mad? We shouldn't discuss because you feel there is hardly anything to discuss? That is why it felt like you were trolling, because I wasn't complaining at all and yet it sounds to you like I am complaining.

You messed up on the second question. I didn't say you "shouldn't discuss". I clearly said there's "hardly anything to discuss" because there's hardly anything shown in the trailer for obvious reasons.

If it sounds to me that you're complaining then how could that translate to me "trolling"? From the way you sound, if there's anybody who should be thinking others are trolling, it's me. But I don't.

And I wasn't saying you were complaining. I was just merely summing up what I'm saying. We got this one gameplay footage, can't we just hope for the better?

As for Styles changes, well I'll go with 1 and 2. But as for 4, I heard they already got projectiles in DOA Dimensions.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bro, chillax.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 01:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote