KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive 5
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wonder if they will add a comeback mechanic. Fighters nowadays have them.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 01:46 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Probably, I wouldn't doubt it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 01:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

They should add counter counters! eek!

But really just make counters slightly harder to do

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:33 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Counters are the main reason the competitive community doesn't like the game.

They need to be toned down...somehow, without messing with the game's flow.

Or they can just get rid of them and try something new.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:38 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I wouldn't want them to get rid of them, i like that the game is counter base.d they just need to add more depth to the system or make them harder imo

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:14 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Bro, chillax.

"Chillax" about what?

I mean, can't I even make one post without everybody jumping on my case like I got a problem? Gosh!

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 18th, 2011 at 04:56 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:54 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Stop victimizing yourself.

- - - - -

I'm curious to see if they rework the system as well. I feel that since SF4's smashing success a lot of the other fighting games have received some inspiration. I just hope they speed up this one a little. DoA4 felt too slow, imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:59 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

My fav. was DOA2...priority moves be damned Styletime

I used Ein

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:01 AM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

See? You're still jumping on my case. How about you quit starting mess?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:02 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

- - - - -

I'm curious to see if they rework the system as well. I feel that since SF4's smashing success a lot of the other fighting games have received some inspiration. I just hope they speed up this one a little. DoA4 felt too slow, imo.

That is true it was a little slowed down it felt.

and really if its faster it would make the counters harder I'd think

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:27 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
"Chillax" about what?

I mean, can't I even make one post without everybody jumping on my case like I got a problem? Gosh!

Well what I mean is, don't let it all get to you man, or take everything so personal. You're better than this.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:29 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well what I mean is, don't let it all get to you man, or take everything so personal. You're better than this.

I'm not taking anything personal. I'm trying to keep calm.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:44 AM
StyleTime

Wait, first you say being able to change things later does not stop changes in the present, then you say you didn't expect anything? confused

You said you didn't expect any changes at this point so why not make a comparison later just in case there are? At this point, you've barely seen anything from the game and you're already comparing it? That's like comparing the two characters (Hayabusa and Hayate) in this game to the entire roster of DOA4, even though we know there's gonna be more characters revealed later.

I wasn't talking specifically to you. I was talking about many people already making up their minds about the game when all we got is the first and (so far) only footage of it. You said you felt it was lacking but the thing is, that's for every game with early footage of it. Was it really that surprising that it didn't show much?

Yes. There is no contradiction there.

We will also make comparisons later. That doesn't stop the comparison now. The gameplay looked like DOA4. I'm not sure how to make this any clearer.

If that wasn't specifically at me, fine. Again, this isn't surprise. I merely pointed out the shortcomings I saw and my hopes for the future. Noone made up their minds about anything. Many of us just want to see changes.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:58 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wonder if they will add a comeback mechanic. Fighters nowadays have them.

I really hope not.

DOA4 was the fastest one. You are so hard to please. stick out tongue

I agree. Many games are reading SF4's success manual. Soul Calibur revamped their Soul Guage to resemble the super meter type stuff you see in 2D fighters. It'll be interesting to see a mainstream 3D fighter do that. I wouldn't mind if DOA took a stab at it.
They need to be toned down...somehow, without messing with the game's flow.

Originally posted by jalek moye
I wouldn't want them to get rid of them, i like that the game is counter base.d they just need to add more depth to the system or make them harder imo

Some people want Bayman's advanced counter commands to be the standard commands for everyone except grappler characters. Grappler characters would use the current input.

I think reducing the counter window should be the first step though.
My fav. was DOA2...priority moves be damned Styletime

I used Ein

Fighting Ein was so scary back then. You were just playing defensively, hoping Ein wouldn't smash your attack back into your face with his stupid kick. It stuffed nearly everything except Tengu's broken kicks and maybe Ayane's back punch.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 18th, 2011 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 05:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by StyleTime
Yes. There is no contradiction there.

It doesn't quite flow. There would have been no point in bringing up SCV's changes if you didn't expect any changes here.

We will also make comparisons later. That doesn't stop the comparison now. The gameplay looked like DOA4. I'm not sure how to make this any clearer.

That doesn't mean it's not too early to make the comparisons, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

If that wasn't specifically at me, fine. Again, this isn't surprise. I merely pointed out the shortcomings I saw and my hopes for the future. Noone made up their minds about anything. Many of us just want to see changes.

Like I said a few times already, this is the "pre-alpha" stage of the game. We all want to see changes but we know not expect them in this footage. You say it had "shortcomings" but whatever shortcomings it has is not a big deal, is all I'm saying.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 19th, 2011 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 03:04 AM
Bro SMASH

That doesn't mean it's not too early to be expecting changes, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 03:31 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

So who is going to be the bigger man and drop it?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 06:33 AM
Scythe
The Goat

That'd be me, man I shouldn't have had Taco Bell for lunch. The hell was I thinking?

/lamesauce

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 06:36 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It doesn't quite flow. There would have been no point in bringing up SCV's changes if you didn't expect any changes here.

That doesn't mean it's not too early to make the comparisons, since you're basically comparing a full game to a beta. We know it looks like it plays like DOA4 but there's hardly anything else to expect at this point.

Like I said a few times already, this is the "pre-alpha" stage of the game. We all want to see changes but we know not expect them in this footage. You say it had "shortcomings" but whatever shortcomings it has is not a big deal, is all I'm saying.

I brought up SCV to refute the "early=stagnation" claim. There is still no contradiction.

Yes. Yes, it means exactly that. If something looks like something else, we can point it out. You introduced "expectations" into this and projected it onto us.

Cool. If you don't consider shortcomings a big deal, you shouldn't make such....a big deal about it. The fact that they exist is reason to highlight them in a thread about the game for those of us so inclined. Can we finally drop this?
So who is going to be the bigger man and drop it?

I guess I keep getting pulled in because it seems like such a simple concept to me. If BroSmash doesn't want to talk about shortcomings, he doesn't have to participate. He should have left it at "Well, I'll wait for more information before I jump onboard with you guys." Noone has a problem with that. Instead, he says "You guys have no right to discuss this in a discussion about the game."

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 19th, 2011 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:03 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I guess I keep getting pulled because it seems like such a simple concept to me. If BroSmash doesn't want to talk about shortcomings, he doesn't have to participate. He should have left it at "Well, I'll wait for more information before I jump onboard with you guys." Noone has a problem with that. Instead, he says "You guys have no right to discuss this in a discussion about the game."

I know. Just let him have the last word so we can get on with the discussion.

I want at least 3 new characters, and please no more ninjas. I wouldn't mind more exotic characters like capcom's Oro and Dhalsim.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 19th, 2011 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:15 PM