KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gecko4lif

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
TF? The tv show is wayyy better

Quiet cretin.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 07:45 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
TF? The tv show is wayyy better

Says the dumbest guy on KMC. Out of curiosity, how many TWD comics have you actually read? Which arc?

TV series is quite good, but it doesn't hold a candle to comics. Season two was better than the first one, imo.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 10:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Issue 100 was rather brutal. I wonder how long before Rick gets his revenge and most importantly, how. Rick might have the upper hand since none of Negan's men seemed to have any guns. I liked Negans comment about Carl being a serial killer.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 02:39 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Don't know how many people still follow TWD, but next month(issue #115) will spark the event: "All Out War"...

quote:
"All Out War breaks out on October 9, 2013 with the release of THE WALKING DEAD #115, part of the celebration of 10 years of Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's epic comic book series… THE WALKING DEAD #115 is the first issue of the monster event ALL OUT WAR, which will pit Rick Grimes and his group of Survivors in a fight for their lives against the other factions in THE WALKING DEAD universe: The Saviors, The Hilltop, and The Kingdom."
quote:
How even is the playing field as "All Out War' starts? "It's actually completely uneven as you'll see when the story unfolds," Kirkman said. "As the story begins, we've seen the Hilltop and the Alexandria and the Kingdom align against the Saviors, so it seems very lopsided, but that's not going to be the status quo throughout this storyline. There's going to be some upheaval, and some people will seem stronger than they first appear. I'm not going to say that three-community unity will continue through the storyline. Like what often happens in 'The Walking Dead,' I think we'll quickly see that Rick maybe has bitten off more than he can chew."
quote:
Have the human survivors forgotten about the walkers, and does that come into play? "My hope is that some of the readers, because of the last year or so of the book, have kind of forgotten that this is a war populated by zombies," Kirkman said. "That is going to come into play in a huge way, and hopefully in an unexpected way."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=47867

Sounds excellent. Glad to know that Kirkman intentionally shifted the main focus away from the zombies, just so he could have them play a huge/more shocking part in this event. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2013 10:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Galan007
Don't know how many people still follow TWD, but next month(issue #115) will spark the event: "All Out War"...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=47867

Sounds excellent. Glad to know that Kirkman intentionally shifted the main focus away from the zombies, just so he could have them play a huge/more shocking part in this event. thumb up
Its been good. I also like Negan as a villian. Hes dangerous and funny without being psychotic.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 08:44 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Negan is hands down the best villain yet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 09:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Negan is an absolute ass. I like him. big grin Ezekiel is over the top but other than that its been pretty good. Hopefully this war is the end of the Negan arc.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 09:49 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I still enjoy the book, but "King" Ezekiel with a tiger was a bit too much for me... wtf. Same with Negan wanting to bang his baseball bat.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 05:56 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For anyone who is interested:

As part of its 10 year anniversary, issue #1 of TWD was re-released in color this past week. It is very cool to see the TWD-verse in color for the first time.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 04:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thought this should be added:

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 03:33 PM
-K-M-

Perhaps it's a curveball? I don't think they should go that route if true

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 06:39 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

yeah, hopefully he's just losing his mind, or w/e, and the voices he heard were just in his own head. intelligent zombies would cheapen the series tremendously, imo.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 08:09 PM
-K-M-

Perhaps as in the panel where the voices appear only he reacts differently.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 08:29 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Finally got around to reading Compendium 1 and 2. I enjoyed this series.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:58 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Great series.

Whisperers are creep as shit, but Jesus is a total baller.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 01:43 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I wonder what will happen to Carl now he has killed those rat boys who tried to kill (rape?) Sophia...

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 02:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thought I'd post this here...

This was the original proposal for TWD that Kirkman sent to Image:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

It's pretty cool, but I much prefer the intro they went with in the comics. thumb up

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 08:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well this is great f*cking news:

(please log in to view the image)

Can't wait to read about Negan's backstory. thumb up

[edit]
The first issue is slated for release sometime in May.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 6th, 2016 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Here's some additional info:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ad-origin-story

As mentioned above: segments of Negan's backstory will be featured in the first 12 issues of "Image+".

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:46 PM
krisblaze

excellent!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:02 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote