KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

finally caught up with all the issues. you guys were right this series is really great. didnt think id be a fan of the b&w pages, but that style definitely grew on me. didnt know what ive been missing all this time LOL. big grin

oh and you guys were also right about the issues after #126. the series has extra great since then. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2016 11:27 PM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Don Draper
finally caught up with all the issues. you guys were right this series is really great. didnt think id be a fan of the b&w pages, but that style definitely grew on me. didnt know what ive been missing all this time LOL. big grin

oh and you guys were also right about the issues after #126. the series has extra great since then. thumb up thumb up

Damn you read that quick. Just like me. Once I started I couldn't stop. I think the B&W art goes really well. There is a coloured issue out there I think but it just doesn't feel right.

The Whisperers are completely different aren't they. Almost like a horror movie within a comic.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 03:27 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Also just thought I'd paste this in since I thought it was cool to see Beta in colour from an official source.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 04:23 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Niiiice.

Surprised they colorized Carl -- he's been on a few covers, so we already know what he looks like in color. Beta looks awesome, though -- didn't imagine his mask that dark, but it works. thumb up

Sidenote: I hope we get to see his face when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Negan kills him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 04:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Galan007
Niiiice.

Surprised they colorized Carl -- he's been on a few covers, so we already know what he looks like in color. Beta looks awesome, though -- didn't imagine his mask that dark, but it works. thumb up

Sidenote: I hope we get to see his face when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Negan kills him.

Hopefully we can soon find out about Beta and his face (as in why he doesn't want anyone to see it). It seems like he must have had the mask for such a long time for it to be that dark. No idea what he could be hiding. A dick shaped birthmark perhaps...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 04:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, we at least know he's got a huge gash/scar on his face from where Michonne slashed him:

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 05:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Next month we get 2 issues of TWD:

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 04:29 PM
wuleecat

Thanks to my local library I have just binged on the series from the start right up to where they have met the Whisperers, and then right at the end heads have been discovered on spikes.

You guys were right, this series was just fantastic. The art is awesome.

I actually like how the TV series has stuck to the source material up to a point, but it has added other things and left stuff out/changed stuff without diminishing it at all. The comic just gives the characters a lot more depth. So many of them seem so different to me now after reading them. I have a lot more respect for Carl. Eugene is almost unrecognizable. Maggie is amazing. Michonne has so many layers. Brilliant.

I did wonder, after reading, what the point of some of the TV show's inclusions were. Those guys with the w's carved into their foreheads? They were a bit of a plot dead end, they just never would have worked in the comic.

And what about the decision around Andrea? That must have been a HUGE meeting in the script-writer's room? She is just such a massive, massive character in the comic.

Anyway, that's all I had to say. Mainly just wanted to thank you guys , especially Galan, who have consistently blown the trumpet for TWD comic, and which is why I decided to give it a real go. Definitely worth it.

Cheers

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 02:24 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I think they had an easier time killing-off TV Andrea because they always had Michonne in mind for Rick's love interest. Aside from that, TV Andrea was also quite a bit older than comic Andrea, but that would have been a relatively small issue had they decided to go that route.

Anyway, glad to hear that you have enjoyed the series. I still can't recommend it enough. thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 09:49 PM
wuleecat

Yeah thanks again man. I am actually excited to track down the next parts of the story as I know I have a bit of catching up still to do from bits and pieces you've posted on here.

That whole Whisperers thing was like a gigantic gut-punch. Kirkman spent ages setting up the 'look-how-our-community-is-finally-back-from-the-brink' feel, with country fairs and smiling kids running around. It just made it more nightmarish when those freaks appeared. They are genuinely the scariest thing in the comics so far. I know Negan goes up against them, but I am a bit vague on the details. Now THAT I can't wait to see.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:10 PM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

TWD #167 = RIP [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Andrea.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 05:39 AM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Havent seen this in over a year

Old Post May 4th, 2017 03:37 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Kirkman killed the best character in the book.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 9th, 2017 12:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

TWD #170... its cliffhanger... priceless laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, I hope to God that Eugene brutalizes the f*ck out of Siddiq. That would be one of the most badass...and at the same time hilarious...scenes in TWD history. thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:11 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I doubt he has it in him, tbh. That angry look was probably all he could muster.

Originally posted by Galan007
...Also wonder if 'the princess' = Stephanie from Ohio..?

Haven't thought about it. Possible, but isn't that too early?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah it would be a bit early... unless she's trying to scout them out first..? /shrug

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:38 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Fear the Princess". Think that's just a new (temporary) antagonist.

Remember "Fear the Hunters"? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:43 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Unless 'Princess' ends up being Stephanie in disguise, I REALLY f*cking hope she's just a filler character who is killed off after a few issues.... Brutally. thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:46 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah. Aside from the obnoxious and anti-climatic character design, there is THIS unforgivable sin ----> The Walking Dead.

But who knows, maybe Kirkman has a surprise or two in store for us...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:10 AM