KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Favorite movie of Batman

Favorite movie of Batman
Started by: michelponting

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
michelponting

Favorite movie of Batman

Hi guys,
If you watch Batman's fans then please share with us,which is your favorite movie of Batman ?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 08:29 AM
michelponting is currently offline Click here to Send michelponting a Private Message Find more posts by michelponting Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Batman 1989, made by Tim Burton is mine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 10:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Dark Knight.

Hope this thread doesn't become another Burton vs Nolan bash-fest.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 10:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Dark Knight.

Hope this thread doesn't become another Burton vs Nolan bash-fest.

On this forum? Are you kidding? stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 10:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by -Pr-
Batman 1989, made by Tim Burton is mine.

Get that shit out of here. stick out tongue

Batman Begins for me.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 11:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

On this forum? Are you kidding? stick out tongue

Guess that would be hoping for too much. D:

Originally posted by ares834
Batman Begins for me.

I heard from most that Begins bored them, and I never really understood why. Loved Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul, and am glad he's said to be cast in TDKR, even if it's just part of a flashback (which seems to be the case).

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In order!!!

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
Dark Knight
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin

^ That's favourites, rather than which movies I think were better made/written/acted etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:21 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Batman Begins
Batman
The Dark Knight
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin

Mask of the Phantasm deserves honorable mention as well.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:34 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed, as does Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Do you guys think the Arkham games qualify in terms of narrative, acting and such? I mean in a "Batman media outside the comics" sort of way?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:39 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yes, definitely.

I think Arkham City's voice work and story telling blows Asylum out of the water, tbh, and Asylum was pretty good (albeit simplistic in terms of plot at times). I'd go as far as to say it's a definitive Batman experience.

I'd liken it to "Hush" in a way; it manages to stay, at core, a mystery/detective story, but has plenty of action in between and manages to touch upon virtually everything significant about the Batman mythos in a way that does it justice. Way more cerebral than Asylum, imo.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Oct 24th, 2011 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes, definitely.

I think Arkham City's voice work and story telling blows Asylum out of the water, tbh, and Asylum was pretty good (albeit simplistic in terms of plot at times). I'd go as far as to say it's a definitive Batman experience.

It's THAT good? F*ck. I thought Asylum's work was awesome, especially with how much it took from the TAS (like Harley's tapes).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:49 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

It's THAT good? F*ck. I thought Asylum's work was awesome, especially with how much it took from the TAS (like Harley's tapes).

Yeah. lol

Honestly, I'm more of a casual Batman fan than anything (I usually read main events/arcs and the like, but I don't religiously follow the comics), but in terms as an adaptation of the medium, it's incredible. It really outdoes Arkham Asylum in virtually every category. Story telling, characterization, gadgets, game play, etc. The influence from TAS as well as the comics themselves is extraordinary.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:54 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Damn. I want it now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:56 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dini said he hoped the success of Arkham City would open the doors to a possible Superman game under Rocksteady, which would be incredible if they found the right kind of mechanics and scope to work with. He also mentioned he'd like to script a sort of magical themed DC heroes game with people like Zatanna or Captain Marvel.

And I'd imagine Rocksteady would attempt to wrap up the Arkham saga with a third installment, which is entirely possible given the ending of City and the few intriguing moments in the game.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 06:59 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dini said he hoped the success of Arkham City would open the doors to a possible Superman game under Rocksteady, which would be incredible if they found the right kind of mechanics and scope to work with. He also mentioned he'd like to script a sort of magical themed DC heroes game with people like Zatanna or Captain Marvel.

And I'd imagine Rocksteady would attempt to wrap up the Arkham saga with a third installment, which is entirely possible given the ending of City and the few intriguing moments in the game.

DON'T TELL ME!

But yeah. Obviously it would be quite a departure, but they've already shown that they can capture a hero's essence, so to speak.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 07:05 AM
Darth Martin

Live-action: The Dark Knight
Animated: Under the Red Hood

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 04:59 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

None.

No Batman movie satisfies me enough to call it my favorite anymore. I have more fun writing my own plots and making my own character designs than anything WB has put out recently.

But if I had to choose a favorite, it'd have to be Batman 1989 featuring Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. That's the closest it gets to my vision of Batman (in live action, at least).

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 10:53 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

What was wrong with TDK's version of Batman?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 02:40 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Only considering live action:
Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman: The Movie
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2011 04:55 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote