KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
WoS was the only one I didn't play. The stories were all forgettable in the others (1, 2, and 3 which loosely followed the movies, and "Ultimate"). All were good though, 2 being the pinnacle.

I know. I'm indirectly telling you to go play it and quit being a bum

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:39 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by jalek moye
I know. I'm indirectly telling you to go play it and quit being a bum

Lol.

I have like 300 hours worth of games, probably another 50 in books, and some RL projects all in front of it. Talk to me in a year, maybe I'll have gotten to it. There was a nice 3-year stretch out of college where I had zero obligations and could play games as fast as I wanted. I'm having to pare that down now.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Lol.

I have like 300 hours worth of games, probably another 50 in books, and some RL projects all in front of it. Talk to me in a year, maybe I'll have gotten to it. There was a nice 3-year stretch out of college where I had zero obligations and could play games as fast as I wanted. I'm having to pare that down now.

Get your priorities straight! Fake an injury and get on workers comps so you can play video games all day, it's the only logical solution really.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:22 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The "play it the week it comes out" mentality has always been lost on me. I get around to the games I want, just not always on the same feverish release schedule that seems to dominate headlines. Even when I played more, I'd be months behind the curve and wouldn't really give a ****. It's only in the multiplayer-intensive games (which I usually loathe) that timing matters.

I'm also just getting around to watching Smallville. Great show.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 04:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Those ones from the PS1 days from neversoft were good...well only the first one since thats the only one i played.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I'd like a spidey game with the same mentality as batman AA. A game that makes you feel that you're spider-man. From the ground up. That's how arkham asylum made you feel. You were batman and everything he's known for you have access to. Imagine a spidey game where you could use his strength to throw cars at the rhino or use a special attack that lets you use his super-speed flurry attacks. Where his webbing is actually damn useful against bosses. A game that makes you have to use your brain against the bosses( like AA and like spidey in comics) I dunno I just want a completely, back to the drawing board spidey game.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 08:30 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I'd like a spidey game with the same mentality as batman AA. A game that makes you feel that you're spider-man. From the ground up. That's how arkham asylum made you feel. You were batman and everything he's known for you have access to. Imagine a spidey game where you could use his strength to throw cars at the rhino or use a special attack that lets you use his super-speed flurry attacks. Where his webbing is actually damn useful against bosses. A game that makes you have to use your brain against the bosses( like AA and like spidey in comics) I dunno I just want a completely, back to the drawing board spidey game.

So basically, better boss fights. The existing games actually do a pretty good job of the things you mentioned. the movement, combat, etc. is all as fluid as one would expect.

I agree though, formulaic boss fights suck. Though that plagued Arkham Asylum as well....there's few that transcend that aspect of superhero games.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 11:50 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Shattered dimensions got boss fights right imo

Mix that with good freeroam and you'll have it down.

Just give spidey his normal game combat style. i hate his construct based fighting in the dimensions series.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:10 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

So basically, better boss fights. The existing games actually do a pretty good job of the things you mentioned. the movement, combat, etc. is all as fluid as one would expect.

I agree though, formulaic boss fights suck. Though that plagued Arkham Asylum as well....there's few that transcend that aspect of superhero games.

Well better boss fights is just one of the things I'd like to see. Like imagine a system implemented where you could fight on walls, in the air, bounce around the room dodging attacks. In stead of different games with different things to offer, we get one game that gives us everything spidey can do. A game where you'll need all those abilities just to survive. Basically a higher quality game is what I'd like. Let's face it the past few spidey games haven't been blockbuster hits.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:05 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Well better boss fights is just one of the things I'd like to see. Like imagine a system implemented where you could fight on walls, in the air, bounce around the room dodging attacks. In stead of different games with different things to offer, we get one game that gives us everything spidey can do. A game where you'll need all those abilities just to survive. Basically a higher quality game is what I'd like. Let's face it the past few spidey games haven't been blockbuster hits.

...would be awesome, but considerably more difficult. Unfortunately, especially with large comic book franchises, the hardcore base is not the target demographic. I agree though.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 02:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Spiderman only works as a free roam in my opinion. I thought SM2 was a great game. I dont know why they didnt continue that template. All the had to fix was some combat and targeting issues and give people a reason to explore the city other than foiling the same five crimes over and over

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 06:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The music in that trailer is good, I wonder what it is (from the movie, maybe?)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2012 03:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stan Lee to be a playable character for the game

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...r/news/?a=55436

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 01:01 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

Yeah, I think this game looks pretty great especially if it's anything like Spidey 2. But, I think Rhino in this game looks pretty cool.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:25 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Gameplay:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 06:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

More web-swinging, plus actual combat vs Rhino:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 05:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Good times, looks promising.

Once or twice it looks like he webs air while swinging. I hope they keep the "you actually need a building to swing from" mechanic. Way back in Spider-Man 1 you could swing from the clouds, apparently. It was dumb.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 03:50 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Soooooooo much clouds. You could be invincible uber powerful Captain Universe Spider-Man though so it was okay.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 08:08 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I was getting bored of Spider-Man games lately but I can't wait to play this one!!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 08:25 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The Web Rush mechanic looks crazy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 08:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote