KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Spike Video Game Awards (2011)

Spike Video Game Awards (2011)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Arkham City and Skyrim are both acceptable.

Anything else winning this year would have been a joke.
Skyward Sword.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 01:00 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Arkham City and Skyrim are both acceptable.

Anything else winning this year would have been a joke.

You think would've been a joke if bf3 won it? What about at least goy nomination for gears 3..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 02:34 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Skyward Sword is disqualified simply because of the game breaking bug it has.

I won't go into detail about the very questionable control scheme.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 03:00 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You think would've been a joke if bf3 won it? What about at least goy nomination for gears 3..

Gears 3 nomination woulda been fine. It's a very solid game. Shouldn't have won though, so it makes no difference.

BF3 is a fine game but not enough progress from the last to be game of the year. Especially considering the single player mode is mediocre.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 03:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Impediment
Skyward Sword is disqualified simply because of the game breaking bug it has.

Skyrim though has tons of bugs like the PS3 saving issue, hell I've fallen through the map before as has a dragon. I'd argue all those put together are worse than the issue in Skyward Sword.

Still Skyrim would probably be my pick for GotY with SS close behind. I wasn't that throughly impressed with Arkham City as most it seems.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 03:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Gears 3 nomination woulda been fine. It's a very solid game. Shouldn't have won though, so it makes no difference.

BF3 is a fine game but not enough progress from the last to be game of the year. Especially considering the single player mode is mediocre.
Not to mention installing spyware/counter productive DRM on your computer kind of brings it two notches down from GOTY(in my opinion).

Last edited by Phanteros on Dec 13th, 2011 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 05:40 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Based on the nominees, Arkham City IMO. Game was incredible from beginning to end.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:31 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Phanteros
Not to mention installing spyware/counter productive DRM on your computer kind of brings it two notches down from GOTY(in my opinion).

Still better than MW3

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:29 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 08:32 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's impossible to please everybody.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 09:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's impossible to please everybody.

Ironically, the VGAs are clearly trying to please everybody with the majority of their choices. Seriously, two female performance nominees from one game?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 11:02 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If Oscars can have criticism on it's choices, any sort of videogame award show will much more.

I feel that games are different because of how we categorize games in different genres. They are people who absolutely despise FPS so they usually can't look past that and see that it's a good quality of workmanship.

For some reason, I feel films are different in that respect.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 11:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The campaign wasn't that bad. It was basically CoD's campaign. What did people expect from BF single player? I'm surprised it was that decent.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 01:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The campaign wasn't that bad. It was basically CoD's campaign. What did people expect from BF single player? I'm surprised it was that decent.

For those of us who play specifically for the singleplayer...it's extremely disappointing and why I can't buy either BF3 or CoD, anymore. Both are said to have 5-hour campaigns. That's just sad in my opinion and lazy.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 03:42 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I also feel it is worth pointing out that I wholeheartedly agree with the award for the best song in a video game this year.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 02:36 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Just listened to said song.

Inferior to Sons of Skyrim.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 02:42 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why did Batman Arkham City win Best Xbox 360 Game? It's a great game and all but I was always under the impression that when you mention a specific console, the nominees would be exclusive to said console. If there was Best Multiplatform Game, Arkham City winning that would make sense but Xbox 360 specifically? You lost me, VGA.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 04:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why did Batman Arkham City win Best Xbox 360 Game? It's a great game and all but I was always under the impression that when you mention a specific console, the nominees would be exclusive to said console. If there was Best Multiplatform Game, Arkham City winning that would make sense but Xbox 360 specifically? You lost me, VGA.

Yeah, specifically since the best game overall is Skyrim... Which also came out on the 360.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 05:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

A lot of video game awards for various websites/magazine take the Game of the Year winner out of any of the other awards as well.

The reasoning is sound. If Skyrim won for Game of The Year then it won for PC, PS3 and 360, making most of the awards pointless.

If you look at the Oscars, it's different because the other awards are individual usually, or technical. You can be the best movie of the year but that doesn't necessarily mean you have the best sound editing, acting and other accolades.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 02:24 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Smasandian
A lot of video game awards for various websites/magazine take the Game of the Year winner out of any of the other awards as well.

The reasoning is sound. If Skyrim won for Game of The Year then it won for PC, PS3 and 360, making most of the awards pointless.

If you look at the Oscars, it's different because the other awards are individual usually, or technical. You can be the best movie of the year but that doesn't necessarily mean you have the best sound editing, acting and other accolades.

it's like with best picture and best director..

best picture is the whole of it i guess, all the elements minus some things and best director is just said persons vision of it, maybe..

i always though that the person who wins best director should win best picture..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 06:54 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote