KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us

The Last of Us
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I didn't say it because of you. Its just people's reaction to the game. The most liked comment on the youtube is how someone wished he had a PS3 instead of an xbox 360 because of the game and I saw a couple of threads about the same topic on GameFAQS

Ah I thought you were just referring to this topic on this forum. I watched the trailer a few times, but only looked at the comments the first time. Didn't realise there were so many rich people out there who could afford a new system for a single game lol

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:48 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I never played any of the 9000 Zombie games that came out this past year, so I get to play I am Legend: The Game and not be jaded.

Do I win?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 02:30 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

It's only spiritually a zombie game, the monsters aren't actually zombies.

Apparently the lead designer for the Last of Us was the lead on Enslaved Journey to the West (great underrated game with truly beautiful graphics), and the game has been in dev for two years now.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 06:45 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It will probably have the same feel as The Walking Dead with a spaghetti western feel to it.

It won't be a Left 4 Dead type game.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I didn't say it because of you. Its just people's reaction to the game. The most liked comment on the youtube is how someone wished he had a PS3 instead of an xbox 360 because of the game and I saw a couple of threads about the same topic on GameFAQS

I would agree that this game would not be the reason to get a PS3 over a 360. I have both, but I prefer the PS3 because of the features and free online service. Oh yeah, and the games.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 02:11 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I think the gameplay will be similar to Uncharted or Infamous, rather than a pure shooter game.

Sort of like a sandbox free-roaming kind of game.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 05:16 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brako Cott
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The only good Survival Horror games this gen are Alan Wake and the Deadspace games. Other than that there has been a bad Silent Hill game, and terrible Alone in the Dark game, Condemned 1 and 2 which were mediocre and a psn Siren game that was alright. Resident Evil 5 isn't a survival horror game, there is no horror in it what so ever, it's just a generic 3rd person shooter.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is happy to make your acquantance and wishes you a speedy recovery from your humiliating defeat in the ufc/pride thread.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 06:28 PM
Brako Cott is currently offline Click here to Send Brako Cott a Private Message Find more posts by Brako Cott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Brako Cott
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is happy to make your acquantance and wishes you a speedy recovery from your humiliating defeat in the ufc/pride thread.

Damn it, you beat me to it, whoever you are.

EDIT: There were also the Penumbra games...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 07:14 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Just call him Nebaris.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 07:14 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

James Nebaris.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 07:33 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Brako Cott

I didn't like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I remember hearing all this stuff about how it's the scariest game ever, and seeing Youtube videos of people freaking out and losing their shit while playing it... and then I played it. Maybe I'm a victim overwhelmingly high expectations, but I didn't really enjoy the game in the end, and I didn't find it scary.

Anyway, new last of us trailer:

Apparently they have changed Eli's character model to make her look younger, but she looks pretty much the same to me.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Gameplay

Looks great.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 03:49 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Mind blowing. Literally.

So far its The Last of Us vs Watch Dogs for Game of Show.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 04:01 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
Gameplay

Looks great.

Not bad. May end up getting it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 04:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks ok. problem I have with these kind f games is i find it hard to concentrante to the dialogue while i am playing game so i fell like i am missing out. Whereas with cutscenes i play the game during gameplay, sit back and watch the story through cutscenes.

Uncharted games wrre kind of overrated imo as well. Story was really lame and predictable and gameplay got kind of repetitive imo. Voice acting is nowhere near as good people make it out to be too.

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 04:31 AM
Darth Ray Park is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Love it love it love it.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 05:50 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Pretty impressive.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 06:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks good. I don't see how this is "mind-blowing" though, besides the character animations (which look fantastic).

The gameplay looks overly scripted. I'm skeptical of how well that's going to work out throughout the duration of the actual game.

The new Tomb Raider impresses me more, tbh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 12:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It does look good, and it will probably be a great cinematic experience throughout the whole game.

But I do agree. It does look overly scripted but that isn't a bad thing sometimes.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 01:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

In E3 they said all of that's Dynamic. Like when you slammed him into the wall, it could have gone much differently if you'd hit him from a different angle. Or not happened at all if you hadn't run out of ammo.

That of course remains to be seen, but Naughty Dog hasn't steered me wrong since Jak & Daxter.

Last edited by KingD19 on Jun 6th, 2012 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 02:07 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote