KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyborg Superman vs Gladiator

Cyborg Superman vs Gladiator
Started by: Nihilist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

He's the Scott Steiner of debating.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 02:53 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I just reread Trial of Superman. Cyborg Supermans something of a beast in it, taking out all three Reign stand ins within two pages (He one shot KO's Eradicator!), plus pocket universe Supergirl.

And he even takes out Superman in a single attack. He's possessed by Tribunal Prime when it happens, but there's no hint of a powerup (In fact, Tribunal Prime even says "I have your durability.. And as I recall, I'm even more powerful than you are), so it sounds like all Cyborg Superman.

The screwy thing, is only an issue before that Hank jacks into the Tribunals planet and hits Supes with all the energy he can sap from the planetary grid. Superman survives it (City busting power levels, easily, and I'd imagine more than that..), and than beats Hank into the ground. That was under L. Simonson, and the next issue was by Jurgens, so not sure if this is simply two different writers disagreeing about power levels? It's pretty poor form either way, basically having the arc contradict itself within two issues that probably came out within the same week..
Superman's proven himself capable of defeating Henshaw on other occasions, no?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 03:08 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

You know its true...

Henshaw is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His feats in combat are far beyond those of Gladiators; with his frail pysche, Gladiator would fold like paper against Doomsday...

Henshaw, on the other hand, mans up and takes it to him...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:19 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Superman can beat pretty much anyone if the situation is critical enough...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Dec 20th, 2011 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:21 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Supes has dealt with him, but nothing as blatant as the beatdown in Trial of Superman. Actually, they fought three times in Trial, under three different writers, with it going back and forth the first time, Supes stomping him the second (After separating him from the planetary power grid), and a mind possessed Cyborg stomping him the third. The fight from Return of Superman might look like a straight stomp for Supes, but remember Eradicator fried him pretty badly before. In Hunter/Prey, Supes was amped and still couldn't keep Hank down, until Darkseid finally stepped in.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 20th, 2011 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:21 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Supes has dealt with him, but nothing as blatant as the beatdown in Trial of Superman. Actually, they fought three times in Trial, with Hank holding his own the first time, Supes stomping him the second (After being separated from the planetary power grid), and a mind possessed Cyborg stomping him the third. The fight from Return of Superman might look like a straight stomp for Supes, but remember Eradicator fried him pretty badly before. In Hunter/Prey, Supes was amped and still couldn't keep Hank down, until Darkseid finally stepped in.

thumb up

Hen-SHAW!!, Hen-SHAW!!, Hen-SHAW!!!!!

wink

Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:23 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Superman can beat pretty much anyone if the situation is critical enough...
The same can be said of any hero.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The same can be said of any hero.

Superman is generally more than most, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman is generally more than most, though.
He also has a lot of help and the point of the story is for the heroes to win eventually.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He also has a lot of help and the point of the story is for the heroes to win eventually.

He does it on his own more often than not.

So? What does that have to do with anything?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He does it on his own more often than not.

So? What does that have to do with anything?
That it isn't a valid reasoning for a versus thread. Superman wins because he is Superman isn't a valid reason.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That it isn't a valid reasoning for a versus thread. Superman wins because he is Superman isn't a valid reason.

I never said it was.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:54 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I never said it was.
Ok. I can agree dc pushes him more than marvel pushes any hero.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2011 05:55 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just uploaded every Cyborg Superman fight from Trial.

First, how he does against the three other Supermen from Reign of the Supermen (Plus pocket universe Supergirl).

(please log in to view the image)

Goes through them like a hot knife through butter. And Eradicator alone could probably give Gladiator a tough fight.

Now, onto the Cyborg Superman vs Superman fights. Round 1:

"You weren't listening!" laughing out loud

Looks like Hank more than held his own, and he had some nice durability feats, including bouncing right back after getting fried, while Supes ended up KOed after enduring less of a jolt.

Contrast with round 2:

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 21st, 2011 at 04:05 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hank takes over the entire planet, and burns down the neighborhood. Actually a pretty fun story for Cyborg Superman, but also kind of kills Hanks credibility since he can't even kill Supes with a planets worth of power backing his attacks.

And than, the VERY NEXT ISSUE....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:01 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Superman goes from shrugging off attacks backed by a power grid designed to power a techno planet, to getting one shot KOed by an eye blast? O_o

Now, granted, this was Tribunal Prime jacking Cyborg Supermans body, so technically it's not Hank doing this to Superman. But, it's still purely all Hanks power. There's zero proof the body jacking somehow amps him, and even if it did, it's highly unlikely he'd be more amped than when he jacked into the planetary grid..

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:01 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like this turned into a Cyborg Superman respect thread. big grin

But I think it proves that on average, Hank is a serious threat.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I doubt anyone could seriously claim otherwise, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:10 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt anyone could seriously claim otherwise, tbh.

I'd like to know what Jurgens was thinking, out of the three different writers.. Does he really put Hank that far above Superman? I'd like to think he was still hurting from the last fight, but the way Jurgens wrote it makes me suspect whether he even knew what was written in the last arc.. ^_^;

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:15 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'd like to know what Jurgens was thinking, out of the three different writers.. Does he really put Hank that far above Superman? I'd like to think he was still hurting from the last fight, but the way Jurgens wrote it makes me suspect whether he even knew what was written in the last arc.. ^_^;

Well, obviously, Hank was intended to be the most powerful of the Supermen who replaced Kal during his "death". And Jurgens' view isn't all that extreme considering Hank has Kal's DNA, giving him the Kryptonian powerset (which in of itself, I feel is inferior to Kal's, but enough for him to take notice) as well as Hank's technopathy, which is probably the best in comics.

I'd say Hank's degree of technopathy + even a watered down Kryptonian power set (which I don't think is that watered down in comparison to Kal's as it is based off of his own DNA) should match Superman at least.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 05:21 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote