KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

He made an early pass...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 02:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Haha. Because of all you, he's done with movie making. perhaps, many are happy about it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 12:35 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No... he's done with big budget movie making. He says, like he has been saying for quite a while now, he wants to make small, independent movies... Sounds like a good idea, I wanna see if tehre's anything left of the film maker he used to be. But somehow I wonder if he ca do it without state-of-the-art technology... because he loves that.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 08:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: Re: George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
What Movies? it's not like he's spielberg in directing a lot of movies. hes only done 6 i think. yes he has had his hand in alot of other things, like indiana jones, and others but i think 3 big name directors (lucas, spielberg & cameron) have lost their minds as the years go on.
I think Lucas has a wonderful imangination, that is why star was is so good, but when he just went to writing and producing and left episode 5 to irvin kershner we were given the best movie EVER!
He should leave star wars alone, and pass it off to someone IF in the future they want make 789. I do agree they are HIS movies but also he should aknowledge the fans! and give them both versions of the film. or atleast the original theatrical versions with the updated effects but not any of the new scenes or any of the altered sounds.
There's something which so many people are forgetting! If you by the Limmited Edition, you have the original as well as the 2004 release so you can buy both. And anyway, a lot of the things he's added are just things that he would have added in the first place if hev had the tecnoligy. Yes; I admit a few things like Darth Vader shouting No & Greedo shooting first weren't nessesary, but it's not a big deal. You all only hate them so much because it's not what you've growen up with. Check out this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WL_...nel_video_title it has some very good points.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 02:27 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There are two points about this issue:

1. Why doesn't George release the OOT restored on blu ray (like they did with Godfather, Alien, Blade Runner etc)? He can tinker aal he wants but why is he keeping the original from us. the cheap crappy version he gave us in 2004 is not really up to scratch, not even for DVD technology.

2. With things like Greedo shooting first and Vader saying no, the kiwi voice on Boba, he's not just altering the films we grew up with... he's altering the characters. And that has a more profound effect. Why are the original characters not good enough all of a sudden?
But again, if he allows us to BUY BUY BUY (again again again) the OOT on Blu Ray there would be no issue. I think the thing I hate most is that George wants to alter his own history and has Imperial power to do so. His character changed also from Luke to Vader.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 03:00 PM
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by queeq
There are two points about this issue:

1. Why doesn't George release the OOT restored on blu ray (like they did with Godfather, Alien, Blade Runner etc)? He can tinker aal he wants but why is he keeping the original from us. the cheap crappy version he gave us in 2004 is not really up to scratch, not even for DVD technology.

2. With things like Greedo shooting first and Vader saying no, the kiwi voice on Boba, he's not just altering the films we grew up with... he's altering the characters. And that has a more profound effect. Why are the original characters not good enough all of a sudden?
But again, if he allows us to BUY BUY BUY (again again again) the OOT on Blu Ray there would be no issue. I think the thing I hate most is that George wants to alter his own history and has Imperial power to do so. His character changed also from Luke to Vader.

About the voice of Boba Fett, it was changed because he is a clone of Jango Fett, so he needed to have the same voice as Jango Fett. It's not that the newer version's better; it's just that he's a clone of Jango, is really exactly the same other than his name. Oh! That rimmed! I'm a poet & I didn't know it!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 05:01 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, he is not the same. OT Boba sounded like a vicious, cold bastard.... The one is just a kiwi you can meet in a bar.

And why do clones attain exactly the same accent? Boba has it at age 11, why does that mean he still has the same accent 23 years later? I know people who comefrom areas with a strng accent but that is often gone due to years being away from the roots. Why couldn't that be the cas with Boba?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 01:51 PM
C-3POTheClever

Well, he is not the same. OT Boba sounded like a vicious, cold bastard.... The one is just a kiwi you can meet in a bar.

And why do clones attain exactly the same accent? Boba has it at age 11, why does that mean he still has the same accent 23 years later? I know people who comefrom areas with a strng accent but that is often gone due to years being away from the roots. Why couldn't that be the cas with Boba?

That's a good point actually.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:03 PM
queeq
Chaos

It is... it kinda shows Lucas's lack of vision lately. And he used to have so much... It's quote silly really...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 10:59 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I understand your points about the changes, but the accents? all in all they're just movies, the only reason he change the voice is to match the clones and Boba's clone heritage, nothing more. If it irks you it's just an annoying side effect but it is a totally sound change (though not necessary).

In a movie with a whole of impossible happenings much more debatable I find the fact that characters don't lose their accents over time to be something to be ignored. and if we do discuss accents, why not discussed why English is the only human language spoken... or why is Han able to understand Chewie's growls without a translator no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 04:16 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

English goes for standard... Just like the Russians speaks English in Enemy at the Gates, the French musketeers speak English in The THree Muskteers. And many more examples...

Han clearly understands Chewie's language just like people here speak more than one language. Those are just stuff...

But CHANGING an accent does focus on hereditary accent and unchangeability.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 08:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Darth Vader will transform into a scorpion for one of Lucas's next changes for episode 4.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 09:17 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

English goes for standard... Just like the Russians speaks English in Enemy at the Gates, the French musketeers speak English in The THree Muskteers. And many more examples...

Han clearly understands Chewie's language just like people here speak more than one language. Those are just stuff...

those are things you're comfortable with but the accent is not?

I'm at a loss here

It makes sense that English is spoken since it's a movie, just like it will be dub for other territories.

It doesn't make sense (in a realistic way, just like an accent would) that most human speak only one language through out the galaxy, that's just isn't feasible... but it's nitpicky nonetheless.

The reason why all clones, including Boba, all talk the same it's only to convey they are identical clones of the host in every way, just as simple as that, changing accents over time it's not necessary.

Last edited by S_D_J on Feb 10th, 2012 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 05:23 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks, but we are all well aware of george lucas' stated reason for changing the voice.

queeqs point is that the entire character of boba fett was altered by changing the voice, since his voice is all we have to identify with him as the man behind the mask and rocket pack.

what if lucas hired haden christensen to over-dub james earl jones. would that be no biggie as well? after all it makes more sense that JEJ's voice be trashcanned and redone for the sake of continuity.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:15 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

queeq's point, the one I quoted, was the accent, not the change of voices. I never contest such change. I even said they weren't necessary

please read my posts again wink

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:01 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

wait...why do i need to need your posts to get queeq's point? wacko

the point is he's not the same boba fett. just as another actor voicing darth vader in a completely different tone, accent, mood, etc would kinda suck.

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 04:51 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'll quote myself for a change.... just to point out I WAS talking about a change...

Clones all talk the same because they are raised at the same place and stuck together for all of their lives. There is no alternate reality than what they've had for 15 years or so.

Boba grew up for 23 years after losing Jango, in a total other world. And yet, 23 years later he sounds EXACTLY like his dad. Now, if this was done from the start it would be a little silly thing. The fact that they CHANGED it (the point I was stressing from the beginning) makes that stand out. I begin to wonder why Lucas changed it and then the answer comes quickly: Boba was Jango's clone... so he must SOUND exactly the same after 23 years... That very train of thought makes one wonder: does that make sense? And the answer is simple: no... it's quite simplistic to think that way... and that makes me wonder why no one told George.

And for me: yes, the character did change... see post before.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:24 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by focus4chumps
wait...why do i need to need your posts to get queeq's point? wacko

the point is he's not the same boba fett. just as another actor voicing darth vader in a completely different tone, accent, mood, etc would kinda suck.

I never quoted or disputed such point, read again.

I'll quote myself for a change.... just to point out I WAS talking about a change...

Clones all talk the same because they are raised at the same place and stuck together for all of their lives. There is no alternate reality than what they've had for 15 years or so.

Boba grew up for 23 years after losing Jango, in a total other world. And yet, 23 years later he sounds EXACTLY like his dad. Now, if this was done from the start it would be a little silly thing. The fact that they CHANGED it (the point I was stressing from the beginning) makes that stand out. I begin to wonder why Lucas changed it and then the answer comes quickly: Boba was Jango's clone... so he must SOUND exactly the same after 23 years... That very train of thought makes one wonder: does that make sense? And the answer is simple: no... it's quite simplistic to think that way... and that makes me wonder why no one told George.

I quoted you on your discomfort for the accent not changing. how it doesn't make sense. I agreed with you on the changes, but the accent is a different thing, a different point you brought up.

Once again you're saying it doesn't make sense, well again I say English being spoken primarily doesn't make sense, Han understand growls which sound all the same, all the time, doesn't make sense, planets with only one topography doesn't make sense, lightsabers don't make sense... and so on.

they only make sense if you understand if it is a movie in a fictional/fantasy setting. If so, having all clones speak the same makes sense when the idea behind it it's to make audiences understand they are all identical. Simple as that.
Yes, it doesn't make sense for it to have the same accent. But the route chosen is just the same as the Hollywood mentality that everything needs to be dumbed down and explained. It always been that way.

What if Temuera were to have change his accent?, it would still not sit right with anyone because it's a different actor. Am I wrong with that?

And before focus4chumps accuse me of playing devil's advocate, changing Bullock's lines sucks, especially compared to the lifeless delivery of Morrison's.

Last edited by S_D_J on Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 04:21 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also did'nt Jango also say he wanted an unaltered clone for himself.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Don't the clones all sound like Morrison? But they shouldn't (with the accent at least) they only one that should sound like jango is boba cause he is living with him. But he would defiantly have to work on keeping his accent. Don't get me wrong I like bobas original voice in esb way better ( the line delivery was better) but accents come from your surroundings not your parents. I was 1 and my sister 6 when we immigrated to canada from Scotland. I never had an accent and she lost hers, but I'm sure if it was the other way around and we were to immigrate to Scotland we would develope accents.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 05:15 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote