KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 12:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I saw deer-hunting. It looks like it'd fit with your name-reflects-style explanation.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:35 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think this is perfect setting for this game.

Any setting in Europe/Middle East would of been old news. It would of felt like the last 4 games.

Having it in this time period and area is a perfect way of getting some new fresh paint for the franchise. I'm just hopping game play has received equal freshness and not just the same old.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:37 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...how the hell does 12th century Israel and Syria feel anything like Renaissance Italy?

The first game doesn't even feel like part of the series any longer.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:47 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

For that matter, 18th century France would have been as far a cry from 16th century Italy as Italy was from 12th century Israel.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:49 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I think what he meant was, if the game took place in Europe or the Middle East like AS1, ASII, ASB, and ASR, it would have felt the same as the last 4 since it was in the same location.. Not that 1 felt anything like 2-B and R.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:52 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I got what he meant, I just think what he meant is illogical.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:06 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

All these details are making this game sound really epic

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:07 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
For that matter, 18th century France would have been as far a cry from 16th century Italy as Italy was from 12th century Israel.

Bastards should include the French Revolution in this game.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:10 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Was America back that that different from Italy and the rest of Europe? It doesnt look that different from AC2+. That is, besides the wider streets...

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:11 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by KingD19
I think what he meant was, if the game took place in Europe or the Middle East like AS1, ASII, ASB, and ASR, it would have felt the same as the last 4 since it was in the same location.. Not that 1 felt anything like 2-B and R.

The thing is...that's just silly. Europe is not all one homogenous place. It would still be on the same continent but it also would be very different.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:13 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Was America back that that different from Italy and the rest of Europe? It doesnt look that different from AC2+. That is, besides the wider streets...

Because of the expansionist attitude of New World colonials, American cities tended to grow outward instead of up, and because of the relatively limited supplies and labor, buildings were simpler and, in general, smaller.

While cities like Rome, London, and Paris are very dense, buildings on top of others, with the maximum use of the existing space, New York, Boston, as far out as Los Angeles were sprawling, wide city areas until the relatively recent development of skyscrapers.

Where I live now, San Antonio, is a prime example of just this sort of thing. When my family moved here, our newly-built neighborhood would best be described as "rural," and the fringes of the city were half an hour's drive away. Now, the city's grown outwards to meet us, and the same convenience that was a fair drive away is now practically on our doorstep. And that's only over a period of eight years. At the same time, the only tall buildings are historic downtown, which is a mere few square miles. The rest of the city is sprawling and low.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Mar 3rd, 2012 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:17 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm well aware of that fact. If not then I'm an idiot and never went outside my house in Canada.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Bastards should include the French Revolution in this game.
They'll probably give Connor the Ezio treatment and have him featured in the french revolution in the next game of him and probably have The Terror in it as well.

Last edited by Phanteros on Mar 3rd, 2012 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:26 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

And the freerunning fears are back.

Christ Im learning more history here then all the years at school. So the area will probably be like the area around the Florence Cathedral?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:27 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Phanteros
They'll probably give Connor the Ezio treatment and have him featured in the french revolution in the next game of him and probably have The Terror in it as well.

Actually, I would like that a lot. Connor could be some sort of American delegate to France, and then discover a Templar plot that sets off the Revolution. It would be similar to Revelations, thematically, without the constrictions of having to end two character stories.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would be rather cool.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:32 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

They probably do it rather than just creating a new character for that time period. Because I can't see them moving on and not do the French Revolution.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:51 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

(please log in to view the image)

Connor fighting whoever that is without a hood.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:11 AM
wakkawakkawakka

That doesn't really look like a fight but whatever.

I'm more interested in exactly how Desmond and friends plan to stop the supposed Apocalypse by using memories from said ancestor from the American Revolution. Just seems weird and kind of like a side trip but I guess it can be important.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 05:18 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
That doesn't really look like a fight but whatever.

I'm more interested in exactly how Desmond and friends plan to stop the supposed Apocalypse by using memories from said ancestor from the American Revolution. Just seems weird and kind of like a side trip but I guess it can be important.

Um... they need his memories to figure out how to open the Grand Temple?

Pretty obvious, I think.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 05:25 AM