KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

That also looks like Connor at a very young age. Late childhood or pre-teens.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 06:44 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Um... they need his memories to figure out how to open the Grand Temple?

Pretty obvious, I think.

But I thought Desmond already got a clue where to look. I mean wasn't that supposed to be the big thing in Revelations?

Unless of course Connor is that clue, which is kind of inconvinient especially with the supposed time crunch the Assasins are in.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 07:24 AM
wakkawakkawakka is online now! Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Where to look yes. How to get in, not necessarily. Like how Ezio knew where Altair's Library was, but needed keys to open it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:12 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Box art looks amazing.

I bought II last September and never played it. ()

A friend said 1 isn't really required for the story, is that true? Might fire it up tonight if so.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 09:46 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Nope, not really. It sets up the Desmond storyline but that's explained anyway.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 09:55 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well even if Ac1 is rather unecessary now I still like Altair.

My main concern for this game is that it has two this to accomplish:1) Ubisoft has to flesh out this Connor guy and 2) Finish Desmond's storyline since this is rumored to be the last game featuring him IIRC.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 02:52 AM
wakkawakkawakka is online now! Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

CAN'T WAIT!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:31 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

No epic music? sad

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:34 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Er....I didn't see a hidden gun and whatnot.

I do wonder exactly how Connor learned about the Assasin's and their Creed.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Phanteros
No epic music? sad

This was just a short teaser trailer. It's not the big CG one that we'll probably get around E3 like usual (this one wasn't even CG - that's all done by the in-game engine). So I'm sure they'll have some sweet music for us next time around big grin

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Er....I didn't see a hidden gun and whatnot.

I do wonder exactly how Connor learned about the Assasin's and their Creed.

Number one, why show off weapons that we already know exist and have had for several games now?

Number two, if you didn't see a hidden gun...you didn't actually watch the trailer...at about 28 seconds, Connor's clearly got a tomahawk in one hand and a dagger in the other, and then shoots the soldier he's fighting. Hello there, hidden gun, nice to see you (again).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 06:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Peach
Number one, why show off weapons that we already know exist and have had for several games now?

Number two, if you didn't see a hidden gun...you didn't actually watch the trailer...at about 28 seconds, Connor's clearly got a tomahawk in one hand and a dagger in the other, and then shoots the soldier he's fighting. Hello there, hidden gun, nice to see you (again).

The hidden gun wasn't a big deal, I was just commenting on not seeing it is all. Besides since he already has a hidden blade, I guess a hidden gun wouldn't be to far behind. Along with this considering how the hidden gun was kind of a big step foward when first introduced, the tomahawk seems like a step backwards in the tech department.

That aside, Connor's equipment issue is a rather small problem compared to the bigger questions I have about this game ranging from simple thing such as how Connor became an Assasin to concerns about how will the upcoming apocalypes turn out and exactly how will Connor's knowledge be helpful.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 06:45 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The hidden gun wasn't a big deal, I was just commenting on not seeing it is all. Besides since he already has a hidden blade, I guess a hidden gun wouldn't be to far behind. Along with this considering how the hidden gun was kind of a big step foward when first introduced, the tomahawk seems like a step backwards in the tech department.

That aside, Connor's equipment issue is a rather small problem compared to the bigger questions I have about this game ranging from simple thing such as how Connor became an Assasin to concerns about how will the upcoming apocalypes turn out and exactly how will Connor's knowledge be helpful.

But - like I said. You do see him use the hidden gun. It's there and he's using it in that trailer.

Tomahawk will probably be his main (non-hidden blade) weapon, like how Ezio and Altair both were swordsmen. It's not a step back at all, it's just different.

(and really...who uses the hidden gun in-game anyway? Such a cheap weapon. Give me throwing knives or the crossbow any day.)

We basically know nothing so far, so have a bit of patience.

Edit: Okay, GK points out that it looks more like he's shooting the soldier with his own rifle.

Last edited by Peach on Mar 5th, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 06:51 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

^That wasnt his hidden gun, that was the other guys rifle. Can see him hit the trigger with his tomahawk.
Edit: Dammit GK >_>

Makes me wonder if we'll see the hidden blade or gun. The blade especially is more an 'eagle' thing. I'm waiting for Connor to show off his hidden tomahawk, all unfolding from his wrist :3

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 06:58 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Peach

Looks like you didn't actually watch the trailer either. He does not use his Hidden Gun. Connor fired the Soldier's own rifle after impaling him. Never mind the fact that his possession of two Flintlocks makes a Hidden gun all but useless.

EDIT: Dammit BR & GK.

Originally posted by BloodRain
^That wasnt his hidden gun, that was the other guys rifle. Can see him hit the trigger with his tomahawk.
Edit: Dammit GK >_>

Makes me wonder if we'll see the hidden blade or gun. The blade especially is more an 'eagle' thing. I'm waiting for Connor to show off his hidden tomahawk, all unfolding from his wrist :3

The Hidden Blade will definitely appear. It's the trademark of the series after all.

Also, we should be able to throw that Tomahawk of his. Would be ossum.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 5th, 2012 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:04 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Looks like you didn't actually watch the trailer either. He does not use his Hidden Gun. Connor fired the Soldier's own rifle after impaling him. Never mind the fact that his possession of two Flintlocks makes a Hidden gun all but useless.

EDIT: Dammit BR & GK.

The Hidden Blade will definitely appear. It's the trademark of the series after all.

Also, we should be able to throw that Tomahawk of his. Would be ossum.

I've watched it like a dozen times now. It's quick enough where I didn't catch it until I essentially frame-by-framed it stick out tongue Messed up there.

Honestly, if it is gone, then big deal. We get a freaking bow. I am totally going to sit up in the trees and shoot all the things with it. Crossbow is my favorite weapon in ACB and ACR, so I am beyond happen with having a regular longbow to play with.

It looks like you can see the hidden blade strapped to the inside of his arm in the cover art, and throwing the tomahawk? Yes please. I love throwing weapons big grin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:09 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

In that case we might be seeing a more combat version of the blade. And no to throwing. I lost some good heavy weapons from throwing them and not being able to find them again..

And I oppose the past me, running through the trees would be a plus.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:12 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

But throwing the heavy two-handed swords is the funniest thing ever!

And personally I meant more along the lines of replacing the throwing knives with smaller axes. Would be fun big grin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:14 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

From what I can find, Rakohnhake:ton loosely translates to "He who hunts," and the "hake" portion is similar to some Native American words for hawk. So it's a good bet that the name is meant to mean "bird of prey" or something similar.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:18 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm getting on board with this. A change of scenery is needed for the franchise. Their chosen setting is as good as any I suppose, and watching Connor hop through trees seems fun. Like, hunting in a forest...that could be good times.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:19 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote