KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

You can pretty much move to depart whenever you deem fit! Nothing is keeping you on Coruscant presently.

Did either of you wish to use predictive powers?

Old Post May 6th, 2012 06:40 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"Thank you, Jelena. I am very happy you offer me this ride, as for the leg room, I'll survive."

I guess we are off now?

(sorry for being offline for so long, I've had it busy with stuff :s)

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 11th, 2012 04:49 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena will use Foresight if she can.

Jelena will get her fighter and they'll be off!

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post May 11th, 2012 06:28 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Then off you go! Jelena's elegant fighter takes off from the Temple's hangars and swoops over the cityscape of the Senatorial district before climbing higher and escaping Coruscant's smoggy atmosphere.

Fest is a little of a lengthy flight. It is on the otherside of the Galactic Core from Coruscant, so Jelena must detour around it before jumping straight to Fest and Mantooine.

But eventually you arrive. Fest is not terribly unlike Hoth in its appearance, a white sphere spinning space with a faint blue tinge caused by its atmosphere. It has streaks of brown-gray across the surface; Festan mountain ranges, where the mining corporations work. And signs of civilization- a few cities.

Before the planet, though, you notice that there appears to be numerous capital-class cruisers hovering in orbit around Fest!

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:55 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"Have we heard of a blockade? This will complicate things."
*sigh*

do we recognise the ships?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 12th, 2012 08:33 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena frowns.

"I suppose I should have expected this," Jelena says. "So many factions throwing their weight around..."

Jelena will steer her ship toward the planet, deciding not to try anything rash in case this is indeed a blockade. She waits to see if anyone tries to reach her and monitors her sensors to see if there is any fighter activity nearby or anything dangerous happening amidst the ships.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 07:01 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"We do have our diplomacy-tags on, I trust?" I ask nervously.

Can I scan the ships to see who's who?
Is it only the Trade Federation or are there any others involved?
If there are two factions blockading, how is there stance underling?

Old Post May 13th, 2012 01:35 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Jovan- it is a Savoir-Faire roll to determine the differences between factions in the blockade around the planet. Seeing as that is your specialty, it is a no brainer that you can identify them easily. It is Observation to notice anything of interest amidst the fleets... and you roll sufficiently to get some good information.

Particularly the massive orb-in-a-half-circle Trade Federation freighters. There are only a few present, though they are surrounded by small swarms of droid starfighters.

Closest to the planet is a fleet of outdated war frigates that have seen better days. It looks like a privately-owned fleet, due to the mish-mash variety of ships. You assume it to be the Fest Corporation's defense group. You don't see any fighters, but you do spot their flagship in the center. It is probably the oldest ship present; a Republic assault dreadnaught used centuries ago by the Republic fleet.

Farthest from the planet (and closest to you) are four very modern vessels that are narrow and chisel-shaped, with a main cluster of engines toward the rear and a series of turning thrusters along the sides. They are bristling with guns. They are Mantooinian in design, Jovan, so you are pretty sure you know who they are.

The Federation ships are in between the Festan defense group and the Mantooinian destroyers.

Jelena- your sensors begin to detect a series of target locks as soon as you come near the blockade.

Old Post May 14th, 2012 01:27 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

a bit of everything thus...

I relay my insights to Jelena

Old Post May 14th, 2012 06:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You begin to receive a series of incoming hails! Either of you can respond.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 08:39 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll leave it up to the pilot wink

Old Post May 16th, 2012 09:40 AM
Brit
Duchess

Can Jelena get them all on at the same time and announce who she is? Because she will do that if she can. Better than delaying and answering one at a time.

"This is Knight Jelena Bendu of the Jedi Order," Jelena states clearly. "And my associate, Knight Jovan Wiecko. We have come to attend the negotiations! Please, lower your target locks. We come in peace."

She gets ready to take evasive action nonetheless.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 07:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It will be a Fix-It roll to link up all those calls! You have multiple ships hailing you.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 02:47 AM
Brit
Duchess

Could Jovan just answer calls to help with that?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 01:13 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

perhaps with savoir-faire?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 12:34 PM
Brit
Duchess

I think you just need to answer a call!

Otherwise Jelena actually does have Fix-It at 2. She can try linking the calls so that Jovan can do the talking so she can focus on her piloting afterward.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 06:33 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I meant a savoir-faire for connecting the calls. stick out tongue

But I'll pick up the phone.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 08:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is a technical situation, so Fix-It is appropriate. Jelena can link them all at the expense of her flying, if she so chooses.

Jovan answers a hail! A die roll means that he accepts the call from the Mantooinians.

"This is Commodore Silas of the Mantooine Task Force. Identify yourself and your intentions!"

Jelena- will you take a call or link the calls?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 06:45 PM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena will take a call if it means she can still pilot!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 08:08 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"I am Jedi Knight Jovan Wiecko of the Jedi Order, my Jedi Knight sister Jelena Bendu is flying the ship. We have come to attend the negotiations. Please, lower your target locks. We come in peace."

(yeah, a bit of copy-paste from above, but why change something good? stick out tongue)

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:39 AM