KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XCOM: Enemy Unknown(Redux)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown(Redux)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Those customers had no idea. Solomans a funny guy.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 02:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Word is that this game is awesome.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 12:36 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 12:27 AM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

DEF getting this game once I have time to get into another game again.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2012 02:24 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Just started playing the game.

This game is fun! big grin

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 04:57 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Just finished the game. A bit short, tbh. But fun overall. Still, given a bit more development time, this woulda been a contender for strat GoTY. Something tells me they didn't really expect this game to do that well overall (maybe on a small niche market) and just threw it together in a hurry.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 08:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Just finished the game. A bit short, tbh. But fun overall.

Now play on the harder difficulty settings.

Something tells me they didn't really expect this game to do that well overall (maybe on a small niche market) and just threw it together in a hurry.

From what i've read it was a small dev team 50/60 people involved with the remake.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 20th, 2012 at 08:14 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 08:11 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Kazenji
Now play on the harder difficulty settings.

Doing Classic right now on my replay. Gotta say, things are a lot tougher now (grenades are my best friend so far...)

Originally posted by Kazenji
From what i've read it was a small dev team 50/60 people involved with the remake.

Yeap. Hope they realize what a possible gold mine (seeing as it hits quite a bit of the niche market of ppl that are tired of the usual FPS/3rd person shooter design of AAA games) they have here and commit a larger budget and work on the expansion ASAP.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 09:33 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Doing Classic right now on my replay. Gotta say, things are a lot tougher now (grenades are my best friend so far...)

Grenades kill weapon pieces though, though they are killers regardless.

Yeap. Hope they realize what a possible gold mine (seeing as it hits quite a bit of the niche market of ppl that are tired of the usual FPS/3rd person shooter design of AAA games) they have here and commit a larger budget and work on the expansion ASAP.

Can't wait for future upgrades. Voices, scientific research and levels. And hopefully weapons especially ship upgrades.

The old version had so much more to offer even though it was an older game. Multiple bases, enhancing soldier's Will, smarter opponents, better robotic scouts ect. I hope the upgrades enhance the gameplay.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 07:19 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's some DLC coming out for this

must be with the Australian Xbox charts, This game was on it and now its been replaced with Medal Of Honour: Warfighter.......what the hell is wrong with the world.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2012 01:18 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Got it, loved it, and will never get rid of it. This game is good, but some of the things that were removed from it should have remained in it. Overall it gets a solid 8/10 from me.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 08:07 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Hopefully they do Apocalypse next. That was the best one out of the trilogy

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 02:02 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

My troops finally overtook the alien base in the Dominican Republic.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 12:48 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yeah so they made a new one that is much better than Enemy Unknown called Enemy Within. I'm playing it right now. Much harder. It's pretty much Enemy Unknown but revamped to include cybernetic implants, Mec remodeling of your troops limbs to allow for them to be tougher, and stronger. The enemies are much cooler, and they added another enemy faction called Exalt. Exalt tries to undermine the X-Com program by sabotaging your research among other things. They also added new maps, so that you don't feel like you're always playing in the same area. All in all, it's a much better game. I would give it a solid 10/10, but I've noticed a few glitches that sometime slow down the game. If not for that I'd give it the 10/10.

The reason for my score, is mostly due to there not being another game like this at all, so it gets extra points for originality. The comic book companies should try to make a game based on the engine that is being used here.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 03:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Stoic

The reason for my score, is mostly due to there not being another game like this at all, so it gets extra points for originality. The comic book companies should try to make a game based on the engine that is being used here.

For what? A SHIELD game?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 03:57 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
For what? A SHIELD game?

Nah, any game would work here. You see it's a tactical strategy game that is also turn based. it would be perfect for an Avengers, JLA, X-Men.. etc type of game. All that they would have to do was implement all of the elements that you see in comics and that's it. You would use the hero's powers just like you use the weapons and powers in X-Com. It would breathe new life into the also ran, and stale ideas that have been used over, and over again. Play it, and you may see what I'm thinking.

Anyways, if I ever get into making games, I'll certainly keep this in mind for a comic book type of game.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 04:15 AM
thanos-prime

I'm trying to decide if i should get this or Red dead redemption, What do you guys think?

Signature by Willrules

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:12 PM
thanos-prime is currently offline Click here to Send thanos-prime a Private Message Find more posts by thanos-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by thanos-prime
I'm trying to decide if i should get this or Red dead redemption, What do you guys think?

Not really the same game, but I would get this one first because of rarity reasons. They just didn't mass produce this gem the way that they did Red Dead Redemption. In other words get this one first, because RDR will be much easier to find. The only thing that I can say, is that this game is awesomely superior to the original. And it's so much harder, which makes for fantastic replay value. Shit I just researched the heavy laser, and got a rail gun that I can mount on my Mec units. Very cool.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 05:48 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Just had an awesome seemingly overwhelming base battle. They broke in somehow, and replaced staff members with their own shadow ops. I thought that chess was strategic, but it really has nothing on this. I'm playing on easy difficulty, and it's like playing on hard in the old game. I'm pissed though because I lost one of my top snipers in the fight. Now I need more Meld in order to make a new one. Meld is used to add cybernetic implants to your soldiers, in case anyone was wondering.

If anyone plays this game, make sure you level all of your soldiers up, because if you don't, and your base is attacked, you don't get to pick and choose who is on the team, the game randomly picks them for you (yes you may get nothing but rookies). Another thing that you don't want to do is rush it, and research everything before your soldiers are of a suitable level. I've noticed that the more you research things, the more the game puts advanced enemies out against you.

The Mec soldiers are strong as hell, I just punched a hole in a Muton berserker. These guys have nearly 20 health cells, that's huge if you compare them to regular Mutons that only have about 8 health cells. Awesome game.

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 9th, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 12:36 PM
Arachnid1

This game is free with games with gold right now. Holy hell its fun

I just got set loose into a huge map in Australia where we were tasked with saving the locals in the middle of an invasion. Absolutely epic. I customized my whole team, so having anyone at risk is pretty heart pounding. I ended up losing half of them, including one of my favorites. Luckily, I got to keep my top two alive. Absolutely insane round.

Also, the second one was announced for consoles in September.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:11 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote