KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nabu vs. Shazam

Who prevails ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Shazam 1 8.33%
Nabu 10 83.33%
Stalemate 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nabu vs. Shazam
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cogito
It is impressive, but while he was weakened by Mordru, he had been prepping for some time. Not sure how that balances.
I agree we have to factor in Shazam was clearly weakened against the Spectre.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed.

In my opinion, Shazam (albeit momentarily) beat Spectre. Granted they were in Shazam's place of power, but he still beat Spectre for a brief moment, while in a significantly weakened state--which is more than anyone else can claim. That's a huge feat, imo. Having said that, if Shazam and Nabu were to battle in the RoE, Nabu would probably still win -he's still the most powerful Lord of Order-, but he'd be very hard-pressed to do so, and would likely burn out/die afterward (as he did following his battle with Spectre.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Cogito
It is impressive, but while he was weakened by Mordru, he had been prepping for some time. Not sure how that balances.
wouldn't call it prep but more like he just had a bunch of really powerful shit on hand.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 01:59 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Uriel005
wouldn't call it prep but more like he just had a bunch of really powerful shit on hand.
I agree that it wasn't necessarily prep based on the fact Mordru just weakened him prior to the Spectre arriving. Shazam did have home court advantage though.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 04:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Nabu has better feats - much better feats - than Shazam does. And he doesn't need a home field advantage to do so, either.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 06:32 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree that it wasn't necessarily prep based on the fact Mordru just weakened him prior to the Spectre arriving. Shazam did have home court advantage though.
oh definitely.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 07:21 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Shazam was weak and had to rely on his artifacts before Spectre destroyed him & ROE.

I want to contrast both Nabu & Shazams fights with Spectre in order to get some sort of power gauge but its too much context involved. Like the fact Nabu wanted Spectre to kill him, and Nabu sensing that Spectre had absorbed enough magic to easily stomp him. As well as what everybody else said concerning Shazam.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 12:53 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Nabu has tried to fight Spectre a few times, he knew he was no match already. He also knew Spectre was toying his way through the fights.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 01:13 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Nabu has better feats - much better feats - than Shazam does. And he doesn't need a home field advantage to do so, either.
Shazam, while extremely weakened, did better against Spectre than a full powered Nabu. Yes, Shazam was in the RoE (his place of power) but he still had "barely enough strength left to stand" by the time Spectre arrived--yet he managed to fight him on fairly equal footing. In fact, you could say that Shazam/Spectre's battle had two rounds--and Shazam won round 1, imo.

If Shazam and Nabu battled within the RoE, I have my doubts that Nabu could win. Outside the Rock, Nabu stomps.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 03:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote