KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Juri Han X Akuma (normal)

Juri Han X Akuma (normal)
Started by: Frisky Dingo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by No End N Site
But there can be, very close, to a "no frame" teleport. The one frame needed is for him to reappear. It doesn't require a frame to disappear, especially since it can be used as a cancel. However, this 1 frame has him reappear as an after image and is actually part of the 42 frame recovery, which can be Karaed out of after the 1st frame, anyway. Thus, even for the 1 frame it takes for him to come back on the screen, it is intangible.

Also, you must've missed the part where he says Guile holds back? Guile does hold back. In the game manual, his SBs are stated to be able to "slice through any thing". Of course Guile isn't throwin SBs to cut Ryu and Blanka in half. Just like Akuma holds back and aint destroyin islands with every punch in the game.

I get the point you're trying to make, but not every thing in gameplay is inadmissible. Many things actually coincide with the character's personalities and actual story. Usin yur logic, Guile isn't capable of doin a Sonic Hurricane cuz he's only been shown to do the move, in gameplay.

This whole discussion will be laid to rest soon, anyway. I just went to Ask A Physicist. I got an answer, originally, but it wasn't a very helpful one. So I had to ask a follow up and I'm waitin on that now. Here's what went down. . .

Yep, it's very likely that Bison disappears and reappears in a single frame. That's still a single frame and no less.

I know not everything in gameplay is inadmissible, but gameplay mechanics tend to be inadmissible(though not always). I can understand Guile holding back against characters like Ryu or Blanka, or other good guys, but why hold back against the likes of Bison, Juri, Balrog, or Akuma? Or why does Bison strike a stupid pose for almost a second after he's done teleporting? Doesn't make sense and leaves him vulnerable. Or why can someone like Dan actually fight Bison on more or less even grounds? I'd imagine a single light punch from Bison or Oni would decapitate Dan and there wouldn't even be a need for a second round.

It's not like that. However, does Guile outside of gameplay needs to fill up some arbitrary meter before he can do a Sonic Hurricane?

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Mar 25th, 2012 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 07:03 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unrealman

mostly likey no, he just needs to channling and charge up his Ki before pulling off one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 10:01 PM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Based on speculation, it is safe to say that SFIII Gouki would win against Juri.

However, there is no information of Juri during the events of SFIII.
She could have been stronger or weaker than her SFIV incarnation, or probably even dead already.

All we know is that she managed to survive/defeat the 2nd strongest version of Vega RIGHT AFTER destroying Seth #15.

PS:
Never really got into all this Gouki power-level hype.
Yes, he can level a city, destroy a sub, or bust a meteor. But none of that are indicative of his strength against the other top-tier monsters in SF.

The 2 times he used SGS on Gill and Vega was when they weren't ready to fight. He caught them both off-guard.
Besides, Gill was not really interested in battles in the grand scheme of things (since he's basically immortal and can resurrect through sheer power of will), and Vega was just a shadow of himself in SFII.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 9th, 2014 07:09 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote