KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Marvel Team

Superman vs Marvel Team
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bouboumaster

Thor kills him
If Sups forget his versatility, Hulk kills him
Beta Ray Bill got the powerset to kills him
These are the three who could solo Sups in this thread.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:05 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thor kills him

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Superman overflowing with energy has better power draining defense.

What are you even talking about? Follow along for once.
I merely showed you how big a blast was on Apokalips and how much damage it did to the surface. Which would have made the thing nowhere near galaxy sized.
Seriously learn how to comprehend things... Unless this is your distraction

Red sun sphere, galaxy sized planets, Superman tanking blasts... That knocked him out. I read the comics, you can't just make shit up to throw me off

Well this is going nowhere, and I hope you're trying to troll me, so I'm done with this 'argument'. Hulk dies either way

Normal superman has better energy drainage resisting feats. Who says he is going to be overflowing with energy? He didn't overflow when he absorbed an entire sun. He hypermetabolizes solar energy in bio energy. What are you talking about? Make sense for once. How does a blast radius measures a planet's size? Seriously learn how to read scans. You are just making shit up which makes no sense. I have a direct comparison, you have err something only you understands.
Blast radius mapping a planet's size. You are making shit up, I have at least some proof and I said presumably not definitely. stick out tongue
I'm done with this too. Superman kills this team.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 09:07 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by abhilegend
How does a blast radius measures a planet's size?
classic

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:11 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thor kills him

This.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:12 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Here's part of an interview with Dan Jurgens, someone who has written both Superman and Thor..... Thought this might interest some of you.

RC: Speaking of DC and Marvel characters . . . any thoughts on the differences between Marvel characters’ power levels and DC characters’ power levels?

DAN JURGENS: If you go back to the various Who’s Who type of projects that Marvel and DC did, DC was always more general about the power levels of its characters and Marvel was always much more willing to pin powers down to a level of X.

RC: What do you think of the idea of Superman defeating Thor, which we recently saw in JLA/Avengers?

DAN JURGENS: No . . . not even possible. Even if you bring back Thor to his basic self, the Thor of issue one of my run, he would beat Superman.

RC: Why’s that?

DAN JURGENS: Magic.

RC: The "magic weakness" idea for Superman?

DAN JURGENS: Yep.

RC: In the books these days, the "magic weakness" is almost never there.

DAN JURGENS: I know. I know. Straight up? Superman is more powerful, but because of the magic weakness . . . but because of the magic component, Thor wins.

RC: In your opinion, is Superman is a lot more powerful than Thor?

DAN JURGENS: Yeah.

RC: Wow. When you worked on DC Vs. Marvel and pitted Quicksilver against Flash, you guys had boosted Quicksilver up to the speed of sound while Flash was running at multiples of the speed of light or whatever . . . would you say that Superman is as many times more powerful than Thor or the Hulk as Flash is as many times faster than Quicksilver?

DAN JURGENS: Yes.

RC: Wouldn’t that make Superman, like, millions of times more powerful than Thor?

SOURCE: http://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:20 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

classic

For you maybe.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:21 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Odekahn
Here's part of an interview with Dan Jurgens, someone who has written both Superman and Thor..... Thought this might interest some of you.

RC: Speaking of DC and Marvel characters . . . any thoughts on the differences between Marvel characters’ power levels and DC characters’ power levels?

DAN JURGENS: If you go back to the various Who’s Who type of projects that Marvel and DC did, DC was always more general about the power levels of its characters and Marvel was always much more willing to pin powers down to a level of X.

RC: What do you think of the idea of Superman defeating Thor, which we recently saw in JLA/Avengers?

DAN JURGENS: No . . . not even possible. Even if you bring back Thor to his basic self, the Thor of issue one of my run, he would beat Superman.

DAN JURGENS: I know. I know. Straight up? Superman is more powerful, but because of the magic weakness . . . but because of the magic component, Thor wins.

RC: Wow. When you worked on DC Vs. Marvel and pitted Quicksilver against Flash, you guys had boosted Quicksilver up to the speed of sound while Flash was running at multiples of the speed of light or whatever . . . would you say that Superman is as many times more powerful than Thor or the Hulk as Flash is as many times faster than Quicksilver?

RC: Wouldn’t that make Superman, like, millions of times more powerful than Thor?

Indisputable

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:33 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Indisputable

Absolutely.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:41 AM
Q99

[B]How do you figure this out that a week sundip is fatal for superman? Any proof that golden prime only sat in sun so long due to powers from source?

Because OWAW was almost fatal, his mind was almost overwhelmed, and it wasn't remotely near a week.

And Golden Superman did all kinds of stuff and lived for a really long time before residing in the sun.

Also to the point, we have *no idea* the precise rate that time in the sun translates into power. Even if we assume he can handle it, it tells us nothing about precisely how much energy that is.

We'd need more datapoints.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:47 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Q99
Because OWAW was almost fatal, his mind was almost overwhelmed, and it wasn't remotely near a week.

And Golden Superman did all kinds of stuff and lived for a really long time before residing in the sun.

Also to the point, we have *no idea* the precise rate that time in the sun translates into power. Even if we assume he can handle it, it tells us nothing about precisely how much energy that is.

We'd need more datapoints.

Not this shit again. Where did you learn that he was nearly killed

(please log in to view the image)

He already has absorbed an entire sun before.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:51 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Odekahn

I like this interview better involving Savage Hulk and Superman.

NRAMA:There’s always that old joke about who would win in a fight between Superman and the Hulk. But can that be explained with science?

JK: From a physics point of view, I would go with the Hulk for the following reasons: the angrier he gets, the stronger he’s going to get. There’s even an explanation for this because as he’s getting frustrated there’s more adrenaline pumping in his system,sothat’sa triggerforincrease in his strength and if he keeps pounding on Superman until it was nighttime then Superman won’t be soaking up any solarradiation and hestartsgetting a littleweaker.So I think eventually theHulk might win that one, but that’s purely from a science point of view, not from a fan point of view.

Source.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=91158

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 03:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
I like this interview better involving Savage Hulk and Superman.

NRAMA:There’s always that old joke about who would win in a fight between Superman and the Hulk. But can that be explained with science?

JK: From a physics point of view, I would go with the Hulk for the following reasons: the angrier he gets, the stronger he’s going to get. There’s even an explanation for this because as he’s getting frustrated there’s more adrenaline pumping in his system,sothat’sa triggerforincrease in his strength and if he keeps pounding on Superman until it was nighttime then Superman won’t be soaking up any solarradiation and hestartsgetting a littleweaker.So I think eventually theHulk might win that one, but that’s purely from a science point of view, not from a fan point of view.

Source.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=91158

The guy thinks superman gets weaker at night time. Makes me wonder has he actually read a superman comic. Jurgens has actually wrote both superman and thor.

@ broken link.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 03:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The guy thinks superman gets weaker at night time. Makes me wonder has he actually read a superman comic. Jurgens has actually wrote both superman and thor.

@ broken link.
The guy has written Superman which means he has a say in what's canon for Superman. You don't. Jurgens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 03:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Jurgens also clarified his statement concerning the "millions of times stronger" thing as well, suggesting that if you think Superman is really that much stronger than Thor, you're probably crazy in the head.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:01 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by quanchi112
The guy has written Superman which means he has a say in what's canon for Superman. You don't. Jurgens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you.

Who's this JK guy?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:02 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Jurgens also clarified his statement concerning the "millions of times stronger" thing as well, suggesting that if you think Superman is really that much stronger than Thor, you're probably crazy in the head.

Excuses, excuses.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:03 PM
carver9

@ broken link.

Both are interviews which holds no weight here.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:03 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
Both are interviews which holds no weight here.

Did I say it holds any weight here?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:04 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The interviews are about as relevant as Joe Casey thinking Superman would need Classic Beyonder to stop him, Bendis thinking Sentry can't be destroyed by any force unless he wants to die, and Pak thinking WWH could have taken Galactus.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:05 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote