KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Combat speed: Thor Vs Lobo Vs Hulk Vs Doomsday

Combat speed: Thor Vs Lobo Vs Hulk Vs Doomsday
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lobo has a few feats like this:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/...ombatspeed1.jpg

the fact that he has a couple leads me to conclude he has some measure of superspeed. thor doesn't have many direct evidence feats to support superspeed but he has a couple as well. the feats may not be utterly compelling, but taken for what they are they can be used to make an argument, albeit not a particularly strong argument.

i would agree dd is the fastest here for sure, but using thor and lobo's HIGHEST feats, i'd say they weren't THAT far apart--at least it's an argument i would listen to.

dd>thor=lobo>hulk

and i STILL don't understand how all these 'horrible, hyperbolic statements' are being divorced from the PERFORMED FEATS that they reference. here is an imaginary exchange:

DD PERFORMS FEAT. person x (who himself has superspeed) can't react/defend said FEAT. person x says 'damn, he's REALLY fast to have performed that FEAT!'

what did this exchange BEGIN with again.....? no expression

Last edited by leonidas on Mar 28th, 2012 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I thought Maxima was ripping through Doomsday during their fight and punched him through a building and was only taken.down.when Superman.showed up? Hulk overwhelmed Gladiator, Genis, Sentry, Hyperion, Captain Mar-vell and the list goes on. Hulk blitzing Ironman and Wonderman>>>>Doomsday Blitzing Boooster Gold.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing

Doomsday's speed overwhelms the likes of: Maxima, Superman, AMPED Superman, Guy, Booster, etc. etc. to the point that they comment on how remarkably fast he is.... But he doesn't have any combat speed feats..?

The writer's intent via narration and illustration were clear as day; Doomsday is F-A-S-T. You people are hysterical.

thumb up

Whether you like it or not, Doomsday's speed has been specifically compared to the Flash (this was DoS DD, who was weaker than other Doomsdays; also it was a time when Flash wasn't as fast as he is now).

I've never seen the Hulk directly compared to a speedster, let alone one of the Flash's caliber (not that there really is a speedster in Marvel of Flash's caliber, sans the Runner)

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:17 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by -Pr-
If Doomsday was a 10, Thor would be somewhere around 7, maybe, and Hulk would be a... 3, 4?

I dunno. I don't think either gap means that one can dance around the other like say, Superman does around Mongul.

I'll go with this.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:18 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Cogito
thumb up

Whether you like it or not, Doomsday's speed has been specifically compared to the Flash (this was DoS DD, who was weaker than other Doomsdays; also it was a time when Flash wasn't as fast as he is now).

I've never seen the Hulk directly compared to a speedster, let alone one of the Flash's caliber (not that there really is a speedster in Marvel of Flash's caliber, sans the Runner)

Captain America was compared to Quick Silver. embarrasment

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by carver9
Captain America was compared to Quick Silver. embarrasment

Quicksilver wasn't even mach speed to begin with.

More like a super-super fast race car.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:22 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by CosmicComet
You know what Superman's super duper speed comes from right?

From his solar powered superstrength as a Kryptonian.

That goes for Doomsday as well.

Superman/Supergirl/Superboy etc are fast because they are immensely strong. That holds true for Doomsday as well. Since the reason for their strength is the same as his.

We know Superman/Supergirl/Superboy are fast because they have legitimate speed feats. Re-appropriating the feats of Superman and applying them to Doomsday because he shares some of the genetic make up is a bit of a stretch don't you think? The best Doomsday has in the speed department is some off the cuff "he's fast" statements from otherwise fast character forcibly jobbing to a low speed bruiser. It's real impressive that every once in a while DC lets him gets to get into a punching matches with characters who have conveniently forgotten they have super speed... but that isn't anything unique to Doomsday... Hulk does it all the time too... and it doesn't make either of them speedsters.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:37 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas

the fact that he has a couple leads me to conclude he has some measure of superspeed. thor doesn't have many direct evidence feats to support superspeed but he has a couple as well. the feats may not be utterly compelling, but taken for what they are they can be used to make an argument, albeit not a particularly strong argument.

i would agree dd is the fastest here for sure, but using thor and lobo's HIGHEST feats, i'd say they weren't THAT far apart--at least it's an argument i would listen to.

dd>thor=lobo>hulk

and i STILL don't understand how all these 'horrible, hyperbolic statements' are being divorced from the PERFORMED FEATS that they reference. here is an imaginary exchange:

DD PERFORMS FEAT. person x (who himself has superspeed) can't react/defend said FEAT. person x says 'damn, he's REALLY fast to have performed that FEAT!'

what did this exchange BEGIN with again.....? no expression

They all have super human speed dude. Strength means speed.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:50 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

to varying degrees dude.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't have any problems with your opinion that Lobo=Thor (i'd tend to agree, actually), but how in the heck are we supposed to quantify that feat?

That's Coyote/Roadrunner-type-speed, right there. laughing out loud

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Tasmanian Devil? And didn't he surprise Superman in speed?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

to varying degrees dude.

Superman being hit by DOS Doomsday was plot related. Later we see that Superman really never had to get into an exchange with Doomsday in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:00 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
We know Superman/Supergirl/Superboy are fast because they have legitimate speed feats. Re-appropriating the feats of Superman and applying them to Doomsday because he shares some of the genetic make up is a bit of a stretch don't you think? The best Doomsday has in the speed department is some off the cuff "he's fast" statements from otherwise fast character forcibly jobbing to a low speed bruiser. It's real impressive that every once in a while DC lets him gets to get into a punching matches with characters who have conveniently forgotten they have super speed... but that isn't anything unique to Doomsday... Hulk does it all the time too... and it doesn't make either of them speedsters.

Pretty much. That's why I am trying to see these speed fts everyone here are mentioning. Hell, even Mongul moved his hands in a blur motion numerous of Times. Does Doomsday have these type of showings besides character statements? Especially from Booster Gold of all people. It's a simple thing to do...post some scans.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:01 PM
Odekahn

They aren't forgetting they have super speed, they are using super speed and so is Doomsday. I suppose Flash while in motion wasn't using super speed when DD was able to touch him, huh? He clearly was. And if you say that he doesn't have to have superspeed to touch the Flash, then you can't use the argument that "other Justice League members without superspeed could hit DD, therefore he must not have superspeed."

"Didn't even see him mo--" "He's... faster than Flash" "Gotta match doomsday's speed or I'm done!" "How could he move so fast?"

These are the statements of what was taking place. It's obvious to most people that he has superspeed. We aren't the only group who believes this. The group who disputes his speed is very very small. You guys are in denial.

All throughout Doomsday's debut and establishment in DOS his speed was referenced. Not "wow he's pretty quick" or a once off statement. His speed is also reiterated in HP. It's not like he's got his own series and years upon years of being on panel over and over again where you can cherry pick a single statement.

Has the Hulk ever, in all his years, been referenced this heavily in a solitary story arc by people who themselves have superspeed?

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:01 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Yes, they have feats establishing that they are fast, and what is also established within stories is that they are fast because of their physical strength.

DOS Doomsday had constant remarks on his speed, was not overwhelmed by speedsters, and on top of that he is a Kryptonian, who've we've established are fast because of their gifted solar powered physical strength.

The reason there is any sort of lingering doubt about the veracity of his speed is because they see a hulk-like physique and just want to assume that its hyperbole. And that falls when every other consideration is taken into account.

Maybe if Doomsday was remarked as being slow specifically, we could remark that his kryptonian heritage means nothing on that front, but that's not what we have. Speed is not a kryptonian 'superpower' the way flight and heat vision and what not are. It's simply a physical attribute that's a part of their entire enhanced package. It makes absolutely no sense for his speed to not increase with solar energy when the very point is that it enhances his stats period. There is no picking and choosing.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Mar 28th, 2012 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:03 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stoic
Superman being hit by DOS Doomsday was plot related. Later we see that Superman really never had to get into an exchange with Doomsday in the first place.

i don't even know what that means. plot related. sure thing. every mention of it was pis. got it. him ACTIVELY trying to stay away from him and still getting pulled in is all pis. opinion noted.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:03 PM
Stoic
Avenger

i don't even know what that means. plot related. sure thing. every mention of it was pis. got it. him ACTIVELY trying to stay away from him and still getting pulled in is all pis. opinion noted.

Take it down a notch. I was just mentioning what Superman did to Rex, which pretty much drew much attention to all of the fights that they had. It was either PIS or Superman wanting to mix it up with someone. After all, if Superman did his vibrating routine in all of his fights with DD there would have really never have been anything to write about.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:07 PM
Odekahn

Originally posted by carver9
Pretty much. That's why I am trying to see these speed fts everyone here are mentioning. Hell, even Mongul moved his hands in a blur motion numerous of Times. Does Doomsday have these type of showings besides character statements? Especially from Booster Gold of all people. It's a simple thing to do...post some scans.

When Guy Gardner gets slammed into the ground without even seeing Doomsday move, is that not a feat?

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:08 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Odekahn
When Guy Gardner gets slammed into the ground without even seeing Doomsday move, is that not a feat?

Scan.

Grundy tackling the JSA and slapping Jay at the same time. Is Grundy faster than Hulk as well.?

http://img250.imagevenue.com/img.ph...7_122_433lo.jpg

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:10 PM
Silent Master

At this point, DD has been in several arcs/stories....does he have any quantifiable feats?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:11 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote