KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » What's wrong with X-Men: The Last Stand?

What's wrong with X-Men: The Last Stand?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Also, wtf happened to the Juggernaut's background story?
To be fair, implementing Cytorrak into the movies would have been really hamfisted and ****ing weird, since the X-Men movies were separate from the main Marvel movie continuity.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 12:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also they're owned by FOX its their universe.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

For those who didn't see my post in another thread, David "Solid Snake" Hayter, the guy who cowrote the other two X-Men movies was on the Bagged and Boarded podcast and talked about the original plot of X-Men 3. Basically, as foreshadowed in X-Men 1 and 2, the Phoenix would've been a result of Jean's exposure to Magneto's radiation at Ellis Island in the first movie. She comes back and sees that the government has passed something akin to the Mutant Registration Act on steroids. Antimutant violence is at astronomical levels and the government has started rounding up mutants into labor and extermination camps. She goes Dark Phoenix in response, with full flaming bird and everything and pretty much lays waist to everything in her path. The climax was supposed to be at in DC with her basically melting the mall and and vaporizing the entire US military. The scene with Wolverine still happens like at the end of Last Stand but instead of stabbing her, Wolverine is tossed aside like a rag doll.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 11:39 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

After Wolverine is tossed aside, I can only assume David Hayter in his sexy Solid Snake jumpsuit would then fight and best Phoenix in combat using superior h2h capabilities, before slitting her throat?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 07:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
osimmons

I did not like this incarnation of the phoenix.
Bryan Singer (The director of the first 2 films) gave a perfect set up for the third film. ( The bird figure in the water at the end of the second film). It had everyone ready for THE PHOENIX that we are most familiar with. Then this "Brett Ratner" comes and pretty much scraps Brian Singer's blue print. I was very disappointed.

The good news is that Brian Singer has returned so that we may forget the atrocity that is "X-MEN: THE LAST STAND". It was honestly one of the worst conclusions to a trilogy I've ever seen.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 03:38 AM
osimmons is currently offline Click here to Send osimmons a Private Message Find more posts by osimmons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You used Bryan Singer in a positive light. Sorry, no dice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrlee

*SPAM
[post removed]

Last edited by Paola on Mar 1st, 2019 at 07:47 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 12:52 PM
mrlee is currently offline Click here to Send mrlee a Private Message Find more posts by mrlee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soundgun99

Re: What's wrong with X-Men: The Last Stand?

Well, the ending really sucked. Cyclops' death couldn't have been less ceremonious. He may as well not even been in the movie.

Really the whole second half of the movie seemed tacked on.
Poor writing and execution. If you're going to finish the trilogy, such as it was, it should have gone out with a real bang instead of falling with a thud.

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I've heard that loads of people don't like XMTLS, but I don't understand why, because it's really good. What is it about XMTLS that you don't like if you don't like it?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2013 05:22 PM
Soundgun99 is currently offline Click here to Send Soundgun99 a Private Message Find more posts by Soundgun99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heathjack

I read some were they had were if brain signer did x-men 3 that they would kill magneto in x-men last stand. in not sure if its true or not.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 04:41 AM
heathjack is currently offline Click here to Send heathjack a Private Message Find more posts by heathjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Killing off 3 off the main and original X-Men just to have Wolverine save the day- is exactly what was wrong with this movie. A sad end to a whole trilogy that gave none of the X-Men (except Wolverine) the kind of role they deserved.

Terrible movie. Bad trilogy.

And btw I like Hugh Jackman and his Wolverine portrayal. Just don't like the way they made him the sole star of the entire trilogy.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2014 10:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
continlawyer1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yead, 'Darth Jello' said right

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 01:31 PM
continlawyer1 is currently offline Click here to Send continlawyer1 a Private Message Find more posts by continlawyer1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Continuity
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
he tried to kill him too though didn't she? But just just couldn't coz he kept healing hemself.

The Phoenix killed Xavier so easily just because Xavier trapped "her" inside Jean for decades. Xavier was her archenemy number one.
No wonder the Phoenix sided with Magneto in the aftermath.

We have no proof that the Phoenix truly killed Scott. Maybe he was put in suspended animation or coma. Anyway, since Scott is the "perfect X-Man" and the one most related to Xavier and Xavier's dream and modus operandi, I guess the Phoenix just hated him and so "she" killed him.

Wolverine was a rebel and an animal. He was an outsider and the "imperfect X-Man" so to speak. The Phoenix had some empathy with him and his feral nature. Jean held back a bit (she was starting to regain control? Maybe) and Logan's regenerative factor did the rest.

So there was NO contradiction in this at all.

Last edited by X-Continuity on Jan 15th, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:25 PM
X-Continuity is currently offline Click here to Send X-Continuity a Private Message Find more posts by X-Continuity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote