KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gamora 15 68.18%
Wolverine 6 27.27%
Stalemate 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
Started by: Tony Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nice rant which you've shared with pretty much everyone else. While its none of your business to know, I've read all 4 volumes of wolverine and almost every appearane of his in Uncanny as well as god know how many other titles. You're not the only one who reads comics here. Your trolling is very bland and un-original. Everyone hates your god and master, cry me a river. As for rest for your rant, I could care less what you think about me.

If you've read as much as you claim that you should have a decent understanding of the power level of the character, which it is quite clear that you in fact, do not. Are you lying about the amount of comics you've read? Do you have terrible reading comprehension? Maybe you're simple mind get's distracted by the colourful pictures and you never actually get around to reading the dialogue or captions? Who knows? Regardless, you are attempting to low ball the character and as such I will give you the same variation of the speech I give to everyone who tries to take that approach. The KMC forum rules are quiet specific on what PIS is, and how we judge the abilities of a character, if you don't wish to fallow those rules I welcome you to leave. I hear comicvine is great place for people like you.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 07:54 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
[B]It's not like there was any animosity between them when he said it. Dude was probably hoping to get laid by a hot green chick.
Poor excuse.

quote:
It might be baseless speculation when you do it, but I've read enough comics for my opinion to be based on something. cool
Why dont you try putting that so called knowledge of yours into your post then? instead of the fanboy shite you always post.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 07:56 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Nihilist
Poor excuse.

It's not an excuse it's the context of the conversation the line was delivered in. They were all standing around talking buddy buddy with smiles on their face.

Why dont you try putting that so called knowledge of yours into your post then? instead of the fanboy shite you always post.

I already have... I'm still waiting on someone to attempt to dispute anything I've brought up with some actual feats or occurrences.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:00 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

[B]It's not an excuse it's the context of the conversation the line was delivered in. They were all standing around talking buddy buddy with smiles on their face.
Yeah cos Logons know for his outward warming personality towards others!!

quote:
I already have... I'm still waiting on someone to attempt to dispute anything I've brought up with some actual feats or occurrences.
They have but all youve done is basically shout "WOLVERINE! WOLVERINE IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES" back

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:03 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If you've read as much as you claim that you should have a decent understanding of the power level of the character, which it is quite clear that you in fact, do not. Are you lying about the amount of comics you've read? Do you have terrible reading comprehension? Maybe you're simple mind get's distracted by the colourful pictures and you never actually get around to reading the dialogue or captions? Who knows? Regardless, you are attempting to low ball the character and as such I will give you the same variation of the speech I give to everyone who tries to take that approach. The KMC forum rules are quiet specific on what PIS is, and how we judge the abilities of a character, if you don't wish to fallow those rules I welcome you to leave. I hear comicvine is great place for people like you.

Oh yeah, I know about the power level of wolverine. Quite a lot actually since I often give him wins where others don't like in this very thread. Don't mistake your simple mind with others. You should adhere to that rule for yourself. What did I say about wolverine in this thread that was lowballing? In fact what did I said about wolverine at all? Your opinion isn't rule, get over it. I can proclaim all of superman's low and average showings as PIS, doesn't makes a damn of a difference. You are not welcome on KMC yourself, you little boy. Ah, getting your ass kicked by little boys on comicvine and crying for it in front of elders, we would keep you safe, boy. Don't be afraid.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah cos Logons know for his outward warming personality towards others!!

Wolverine loves women. cool

They have but all youve done is basically shout "WOLVERINE! WOLVERINE IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES" back

I've barely even mentioned Wolverine. This fight is less about Wolverine winning it, and more about Gamora losing it. She lacks feats plane and simple, something I've mentioned several times and a welcome anyone to prove me wrong. Gamora has 200 some odd issues under her belt, it's neither a difficult nor overtly time consuming task to go over them all.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:11 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Oh yeah, I know about the power level of wolverine. Quite a lot actually since I often give him wins where others don't like in this very thread. Don't mistake your simple mind with others. You should adhere to that rule for yourself. What did I say about wolverine in this thread that was lowballing? In fact what did I said about wolverine at all? Your opinion isn't rule, get over it. I can proclaim all of superman's low and average showings as PIS, doesn't makes a damn of a difference. You are not welcome on KMC yourself, you little boy.

Here is the thing, PIS is not subjective. It's not open to interpretation, the forum rules clearly state what PIS is. If a character is portrayed noticeably less effectively than their history and powers have shown them to be then it is PIS. Simple. That isn't my opinion, my opinion on the subject is unnecessarily, it's the forum rule. If you know of an incident where Superman's powers are written below what he typically capable of (struggling with the Daily Planet Globe, getting koed by lightening) then it is PIS; you don't need to rule it as PIS the forum rules have already done that for you.

Ah, getting your ass kicked by little boys on comicvine and crying for it in front of elders, we would keep you safe, boy. Don't be afraid.

Please, I tore up Buckshots ass when I was posting on comicvine. Hell I still get PMs from time to time on KMC from 'Viners who want me to go back to comicvine and educate the mooks on Wildstorm characters.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:25 PM
Senor Cage

Hey, Srank! When did Wolverine hid in plain sight against Nightcrawler? I always was trying to find that issue.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:30 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

And Thor's been koed by the falling mast of a ship, Hulk's been choked out by a python and Silver Surfer has been knocked out by Mexican farmers. It takes class 100 to put Wolverine down, anything else is PIS.

LMAO... Anything less is PIS.. REALLY??? Sorry bud it doesn't work that way... As many times as it has happened in his career. it's not CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less. That isn't called PIS, that is called consistency

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:40 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hey, Srank! When did Wolverine hid in plain sight against Nightcrawler? I always was trying to find that issue.

Dave Cockrum's second run on Uncanny X-Men, issue 148.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:41 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Yeah your right, we should probably hold Wolverine to different standards then every other character.

Moron.

He might have said it, but we know how fast Wolverine's healing factor works, and we know how fast Gamora's works... so we know that what he said isn't the case at all. A stab to the gut drops Gamora and koes her. That's all Wolverine needs to do to get a hit.

If Gamora hadn't been distracted the fight would have played on the exact same it just would have lasted a bit longer.

This is hilarious.... Statement don't count (even when maybe by Wolverine fighting the damn person we are debating him against).. yet feats matter more than statements... yet feats that show wolverine CONSISTENTLY KO'd by less than class 70 strength don't count... Feats count more than statement... but only feats you like... Your logic and double standard is plain atrocious.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:45 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
LMAO... Anything less is PIS.. REALLY??? Sorry bud it doesn't work that way... As many times as it has happened in his career. it's not CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less. That isn't called PIS, that is called consistency

I'm going to assume you meant to say "it is CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less," because what you actually wrote suggest that you agrees with me. It's a shame that your rare moment of incite was actually typo on your part, but humorous none the less.

Wolverine routinely engages in brawls with Class 100 bricks, and in those brawls he routinely shrugs off multiple class 100 attacks. That is what is consistent for the character. That's the Wolverine base line. He has fought Hulk more than he has fought Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America and Spider-man combined. That's the level Wolverine is consistently portrayed at.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:47 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Wrong... Him being KO'd by less is consistent with his character wink he surviving against class 100 bricks.. is actually PIS for the bricks.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS... You have the PIS in the wrong place, it's okay buddy, you have wolverine's balls too far down your throat to notice.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:50 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

This is hilarious.... Statement don't count (even when maybe by Wolverine fighting the damn person we are debating him against).. yet feats matter more than statements... yet feats that show wolverine CONSISTENTLY KO'd by less than class 70 strength don't count... Feats count more than statement... but only feats you like... Your logic and double standard is plain atrocious.

Except that isn't true and you are talking out of your ass. Wolverine hasn't been consistently koed by anyone of any strength class, and the times he has been knocked out are few (and far between) and most of them can be explained with in the context of the story. It's not a double standard because what you are saying is wrong, in fact it is so wrong that it is a blatant lie. You sir, are a liar.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:50 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Here is the thing, PIS is not subjective. It's not open to interpretation, the forum rules clearly state what PIS is. If a character is portrayed noticeably less effectively than their history and powers have shown them to be then it is PIS. Simple. That isn't my opinion, my opinion on the subject is unnecessarily, it's the forum rule. If you know of an incident where Superman's powers are written below what he typically capable of (struggling with the Daily Planet Globe, getting koed by lightening) then it is PIS; you don't need to rule it as PIS the forum rules have already done that for you.

Please, I tore up Buckshots ass when I was posting on comicvine. Hell I still get PMs from time to time on KMC from 'Viners who want me to go back to comicvine and educate the mooks on Wildstorm characters.

Yeah, it is subjective when you try to declare a large chunk of a character's history as PIS because you think that its the right power level for one character. You can declare one, two, three or a dozen instances PIS but when you try to generalise a character's such as wolverine who has got thousands of appearances that he can't be taken out by anything less than class 100 while shouting "DURRRR, you hate wolverine" to everyone else, it makes you look like a simpleton which you are IMO. You saw a humorus post from me and pounced upon an oppertunity to declare me a "wolverine hater". This is why KMCers laugh at you. I would like to say that you keep reading wolverine and jerking upon it, superman and more complex characters might overload your simple brain.

Oh and once again, you are not smart enough to differ humor from simple text but keep trying. You might tell one day if a man is joking or not.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 08:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah, it is subjective when you try to declare a large chunk of a character's history as PIS because you think that its the right power level for one character. You can declare one, two, three or a dozen instances PIS but when you try to generalise a character's such as wolverine who has got thousands of appearances that he can't be taken out by anything less than class 100 while shouting "DURRRR, you hate wolverine" to everyone else, it makes you look like a simpleton which you are IMO. You saw a humorus post from me and pounced upon an oppertunity to declare me a "wolverine hater". This is why KMCers laugh at you. I would like to say that you keep reading wolverine and jerking upon it, superman and more complex characters might overload your simple brain.

Oh and once again, you are not smart enough to differ humor from simple text but keep trying. You might tell one day if a man is joking or not.

I don't think you understand what the term subjective means, because I'm not picking and choosing what I want to matter. If something doesn't conform with majority representation of the character then it is PIS. We take the average showings of a character and we ignore the uncharacteristically high (unless that character is Iron Fist) and and the uncharacteristically low. We do this to establish a baseline internal consistency for the characters on this forum because DC and Marvel often have lapses in their editorial mandates. If we pretend like every thing is valid then we end up with Power Puff Girls or Silver Age Superman where the insanity of the incredibly high feats are only equaled by the stupidity of the low ones... which isn't exactly conducive to promoting a consistent idea of a characters powers or abilities. You are also SEVERELY over rating the amount of history that you feat is being ignored... because there isn't that much.

Maybe I would appreciate your jokes more if they were more "lol u r stupid and a fanboy jackass!"? What part of the joke am I not smart enough to get exactly? It seems pretty ****ing succinct. confused

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 2nd, 2012 at 09:16 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 09:07 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Wrong... Him being KO'd by less is consistent with his character wink he surviving against class 100 bricks.. is actually PIS for the bricks.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS... You have the PIS in the wrong place, it's okay buddy, you have wolverine's balls too far down your throat to notice.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 09:26 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

None of which is remotely true. I understand that the only Wolverine issue you have is the Pizza Hut promotion from when your special needs group went out for dinner fifteen years ago, but maybe if you ask your Assisted Living Care Profressional if they can read you some Wolverine issues they will help you out? I think they are big on promoting literacy and things like that so it shouldn't be a problem.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 09:35 PM
Dream Stuff

Oh, so many things:

On the healing factor: Yes, Wolvie said her HF is as good as his. Wolvie has also been known to flirt, on occasion. It's just an off-hand comment that shouldn't count as evidence (please extend Gamora the same courtesy when she tells Sasquatch she couldn't have KOed Thing without his help).

Anyway, that whole fight lasted all of, what, a few seconds? Yes, getting stabbed by three claws put Gamora on the ground for those few seconds. Wolverine was left in the same condition after getting smacked in the head by a shield. They got up around the same time. Whatever.

Gamora's speed: She's not that popular a character and so rarely gets to show off in one-on-one, on-panel fights. Her fight against Ronan is the most telling example of her current abilities.In it, she seems to be using a low level of superspeed the entire time. How fast she is is difficult to gage, but even before her powerup, the fact that she was hard for anyone to lay a hand on comes up consistently. She's fast enough to hit Wolverine.

On Wolverine's durability: Possibly the least consistent in all of comics.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 09:56 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Dream.. it is though.. Srank cleared it all up... Being KO'd by anything less than 100 class strength is PIS.. all other stuff is ok...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:38 PM