KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gamora 15 68.18%
Wolverine 6 27.27%
Stalemate 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
Started by: Tony Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lilshogun

Gamora will even win without the Godslayer.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:04 PM
lilshogun is currently offline Click here to Send lilshogun a Private Message Find more posts by lilshogun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Oh, so many things:

On the healing factor: Yes, Wolvie said her HF is as good as his. Wolvie has also been known to flirt, on occasion. It's just an off-hand comment that shouldn't count as evidence (please extend Gamora the same courtesy when she tells Sasquatch she couldn't have KOed Thing without his help).

Anyway, that whole fight lasted all of, what, a few seconds? Yes, getting stabbed by three claws put Gamora on the ground for those few seconds. Wolverine was left in the same condition after getting smacked in the head by a shield. They got up around the same time. Whatever.

Gamora's speed: She's not that popular a character and so rarely gets to show off in one-on-one, on-panel fights. Her fight against Ronan is the most telling example of her current abilities.In it, she seems to be using a low level of superspeed the entire time. How fast she is is difficult to gage, but even before her powerup, the fact that she was hard for anyone to lay a hand on comes up consistently. She's fast enough to hit Wolverine.

On Wolverine's durability: Possibly the least consistent in all of comics.

(please log in to view the image)

Gamora didn't use super speed her entire fight with Ronan... she didn't even use it all. Look at the panels. See how she is jumping? See how the action lines are falling the rise and fall of her jump? She didn't sprint in like the Flash, she jumped... that's it. The rest of the fight she was meleeing with Ronan while he jobbed like a temp in the mail room.

I wouldn't say Wolverine's durability is the least consistent thing in all of comes, he has been knocked out by streets less times than Hulk has. evil face

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:12 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Hey skank.. is it possible that you have it backwards.... Heroes HAVE to save the day and put on a good show for their many fans in comics. How much fun would it be for Wolverine to fight hulk and get KO'd in one punch? None and it doesn't make sense and not how heroes are treated in movies or any genre... They always win. So it's possible that the actual PIS showings are when he's able to hang with people because he's a hero and opposed to the PIS showings being when he's KO'd by weaker things? Wouldn't you agree that in general.. heroes hang with people out of their league all the time for the sake of the story and their fans.. isn't this a consistent thing in comics?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:19 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

It's all PIS.

All stories have plots.

This whole forum is futile.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:33 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Hey skank.. is it possible that you have it backwards.... Heroes HAVE to save the day and put on a good show for their many fans in comics. How much fun would it be for Wolverine to fight hulk and get KO'd in one punch? None and it doesn't make sense and not how heroes are treated in movies or any genre... They always win. So it's possible that the actual PIS showings are when he's able to hang with people because he's a hero and opposed to the PIS showings being when he's KO'd by weaker things? Wouldn't you agree that in general.. heroes hang with people out of their league all the time for the sake of the story and their fans.. isn't this a consistent thing in comics?

I am well aware that you would love to write off 99.99999% of Wolverine's appearances in favor of the one time Daredevil knocked him down in a Garth Ennis penned issue, but you really should ask yourself how ridiculous and arbitrary that sounds. Why is that one example more accurate than the thousands that stand in opposition to it? Can I arbitraily decide that all Superman issues are PIS because "he is the hero" and he really should be a Batman level enemy? Because that's what you are doing. Do you know why Wolverine is routinely written as a an anti brick who tank the best blows a class 100 can through at him? Because that is Marvel's intent. Wolverine started out as a Hulk villain, he survived being punched into outer space before Marvel even had even come up with his powers or a reason for that to happen. If Marvel wanted Wolverine to be a street level threat he would be. He'd have 20 fights with Punisher or Daredevil under his belt instead of 20 fights with the Hulk. He's been nuked. Twice. He's walked around in nuclear reactors burning so hot that his touch melted steel. When he was emo over killing his bastards he climbed to the top of mountains and jumps off them, smashed into the ground, liquified all his or and then it again and again and again and again. His heart was teleported away last week and it didn't even phase him. That's what his power is. That's the level at which it operates.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:43 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by MF DELPH
It's all PIS.

All stories have plots.

This whole forum is futile.

thumb up
+10000000000000000000000000000

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 11:52 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I've always felt Gamora was better then him. Her strength and skills should be enough to put him down for a short time anyways, but I could be wrong. She did well against Ronan. Much better than Wolverine would have fared in my opinion. Shame she doesnt have more appearances.

By Stoic

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 12:25 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by tkitna
I've always felt Gamora was better then him. Her strength and skills should be enough to put him down for a short time anyways, but I could be wrong. She did well against Ronan. Much better than Wolverine would have fared in my opinion. Shame she doesnt have more appearances.

Why would Wolverine do worse against Ronan than Gamora did? Nothing about her abilities in any way or form counter act the abilities of the Universal Weapon... she simple came in to melee with him... and for some reason (the reason is Ronan is a jobber) Ronan decided to play along with it. Ronan could finish Gamora at any time he wanted... hell he put her in a stasis field... and it worked... so being the person he is he then he let her out of it and decided to slug it out again... naturally. He handles the versatility of his weapon even worse than Thor. Sure, Ronan could beat Wolverine at the drop of a hat if he used the UW properly... but if he used it like a hammer and tried to wack Wolverine with in in melee combat (like he did with Gamora)... he would get carved up.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 12:48 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Gamora didn't look like her HF was anywhere near Wolverines when she had the flesh burned from her, and it took quite a while for it to grow back.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 01:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Dave Cockrum's second run on Uncanny X-Men, issue 148.

thanks. Been looking for it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 02:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't think you understand what the term subjective means, because I'm not picking and choosing what I want to matter. If something doesn't conform with majority representation of the character then it is PIS. We take the average showings of a character and we ignore the uncharacteristically high (unless that character is Iron Fist) and and the uncharacteristically low. We do this to establish a baseline internal consistency for the characters on this forum because DC and Marvel often have lapses in their editorial mandates. If we pretend like every thing is valid then we end up with Power Puff Girls or Silver Age Superman where the insanity of the incredibly high feats are only equaled by the stupidity of the low ones... which isn't exactly conducive to promoting a consistent idea of a characters powers or abilities. You are also SEVERELY over rating the amount of history that you feat is being ignored... because there isn't that much.

Doesn't makes a large chunk of the history of a character PIS. What's average for logan? We've seen him go toe to toe with hulk and been hurt by far less than hulk too. You are trying to set that wolverine tanking class 100 hits is his average and thus any time he gets knocked out by less than it which happens a lot mind you is PIS. You try to pass it as right quoting the lowest showings of other characters which happen a looooooooot less frequently than wolverine getting knocked out and saying that if its PIS for them then its PIS for logan too to get knocked out by less than his highest showings. You are trying to use a broad generalization for every wolverine showing knowing that he's one of the most in-consistent characters ever and retaliate on everyone else who says otherwise saying "DURRRRRRR, you hate wolverine and love garth ennis". I mean simpleton much?

quote:
Maybe I would appreciate your jokes more if they were more "lol u r stupid and a fanboy jackass!"? What part of the joke am I not smart enough to get exactly? It seems pretty ****ing succinct. confused

I only used that tone after this happened

Originally posted by abhilegend
Its almost equal to sabretooth's HF.

I don't know whether to pity you or dur you. Well, here it is

I mean can anybody be more obvious than this that he is joking.

Then your fun appreciating jackass side responded with this.

Yeah your right, we should probably hold Wolverine to different standards then every other character.

Moron.

Anyway, I'm done with this anyway. You still didn't answered my question though Where in this thread did I lowball wolverine.

Stay as much of a jackass srank.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 10:14 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

I am well aware that you would love to write off 99.99999% of Wolverine's appearances in favor of the one time Daredevil knocked him down in a Garth Ennis penned issue, but you really should ask yourself how ridiculous and arbitrary that sounds. Why is that one example more accurate than the thousands that stand in opposition to it? Can I arbitraily decide that all Superman issues are PIS because "he is the hero" and he really should be a Batman level enemy? Because that's what you are doing. Do you know why Wolverine is routinely written as a an anti brick who tank the best blows a class 100 can through at him? Because that is Marvel's intent. Wolverine started out as a Hulk villain, he survived being punched into outer space before Marvel even had even come up with his powers or a reason for that to happen. If Marvel wanted Wolverine to be a street level threat he would be. He'd have 20 fights with Punisher or Daredevil under his belt instead of 20 fights with the Hulk. He's been nuked. Twice. He's walked around in nuclear reactors burning so hot that his touch melted steel. When he was emo over killing his bastards he climbed to the top of mountains and jumps off them, smashed into the ground, liquified all his or and then it again and again and again and again. His heart was teleported away last week and it didn't even phase him. That's what his power is. That's the level at which it operates.

What's the problem here Srank.. is that you can't comprehend the question(s) or you choose not to answer them because of what you will then be admitting. So, let me try again and SEE IF YOU ABOID IT AGAIN... Do heroes, as a general concept in comics.. movies, or any genre fight above their weight class and do good, and most times save the day? Very simple question.

Next question, is it a common practice to have these same heroes last longer than they should against people because... what fun would a coic be if your favorite character got owned in 2 panels each time they go up agaisnt a villian? Nobody is saying Superman shouldn't hang with people in his tier... BA, Marvel etc etc... However, he shouldn't be able to hang with people like Amazo, Darkseid and a host of other villians. He does, because that is what heroes do. Yet, when they aren't in save the world mode... they routinely get KO'd by much less.. gas stations.. bullets, falling trees... you name it. Do you think Marvel brought Wolverine to go fight Thanos with the IG because in reality he would make a lick of difference if thanos was fighting smart and using all his abilities? No, much like all the other heroes.. they had to dumb down Thanos with the IG to make it interesting for the reader. This happening to Wolverine ALL the time doesn't make him ACTUALLY be able to hang with people above him... it's his role as a hero and plot driven writing that does. Wolverine has NO business hanging 2 secs with THor if Thor was fighting smart and ruthless... he doesn't when around Wolverine as how much fun would that be for the epic showdown to be 1 panel.. lol.

For you to deny any of this is just plain retarded and has a terrible stench of fanboyism

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 03:33 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Where has skank gone?

Old Post May 4th, 2012 03:11 PM